College football 2018

jimjimbo

5 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

The occasional fingertip they give out as samples, I think the whole hand is just a little less expensive than the Iberico Spanish Jamon.....which is on the top right, at $288.00 per pound....

=== wow, pricey. But I always had you pegged as a high roller — 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, richieb said:

=== wow, pricey. But I always had you pegged as a high roller — 

My nephew lives in Spain, and he is always amazed at the prices of Jamon here in the US.  He pays anywhere between $12-$20 per pound for Iberico.  Less than that for regular Serrano.

+++ Rankings Week 3 +++

Just like everybody was guessing from last week, that with no top ten matchups there was some minor movement but the top ten stayed about the same, AP Poll.

My Mountaineers didn't move at 14th, Michigan had a nice gain +2 climbing back into the top 20.  SoCal dropped 5 places but the AP dropped Michigan State ten places into 25th and the Coaches really didn't like Mich State losing as they dropped them eleven places into 24th! 

http://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings

• Like 2

My older son articulated an interesting reason for his preference for the college game.  In college, only a few players have NFL quality talent, which leads to big plays, such as long kick returns.  Whereas, in the pros, everybody is NFL caliber, which reduces the talent and speed disparity that enables the long kick returns, and other big plays.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

My older son articulated an interesting reason for his preference for the college game.  In college, only a few players have NFL quality talent, which leads to big plays, such as long kick returns.

That sounds like a good analysis.

That's why the top college teams will typically score 40 points a game and in the pros I would guess the top teams average closer to 28 ppg.

I didn't Google those numbers, so is someone going to fact check me on this?  :lol:

@wvu80 the only stats I ever heard were that less than 5% of high school players ever made a college team and something like 1.6% of college players ever made it into the pros.  Additionally, I don't really think you'd enjoy watching TBDBITL share a half-time show and pay the big bucks for tickets.   That gaggle from ichigan wandering aimlessly on the field???  Nah, come on up and relax.  You saw who went to London a couple years ago for that NFL half-time show and wowed 'em...  Just another day for those kids...   

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

LSU vs. Auburn should be pretty entertaining.

Michigan vs. SMU - Military Appreciation Day at the Big House.

That's fantastic.  👍

I bet the Michigan band puts on a heck of a half-time show for that with a very appreciative crowd.  That's one of my criterion for a great marching band, how they engage the crowd and how the crowd feeds the energy back to the band.

+++

I'm watching Oklahoma vs Iowa State, OK leads 24-17 in the 3q.  ISU is giving OK all they can handle right now.  I want to see OK win big because they are the flag bearer for the Big 12.  WVU needs them to be undefeated and highly ranked when they meet at Morgantown the last game of the regular season.