College football 2018

jimjimbo

9 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Back when we played them every year in the Southwest Conference, I was excited to see their band.  Being there in person I was very disappointed.  Their marching wasn't all that precise, they always do the same thing so you would think they could get it right, and the tunes were mundane, if classic.  Their fight song is a joke.

Yeah, I know.  They are a military style band, which means marching 6 to 5 (six steps to five yards), the tempo is between 112 and 125 BPM, and they play sounds of Sousa, that sort of thing.  They do a lot of follow the leader drill including counter-marching, all very easy stuff.  Their drum line is very dated as well.  Who marches single tenor drums?

Still, they are the only big college I know of (along with the Highty Tities Cadet band of Va Tech) doing that style, the same as my HS marching band.  I love the tradition.

• Like 1

I lost sleep for that?  MSU looked better than last week, and against a better team than Utah State.  They must score touchdowns in the red zone.  Field goals and an interception won’t cut it.

Herm Edwards has ASU heading in the right direction.  The team seemed well coached.

MSU’s playoff hopes took a serious hit, but that was unrealistic regardless.  If they play well against the B1G opponents, they’ll be fine.  College football is a meritocracy.  You get what you earn.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, richieb said:

=== without quoting and running every pic again, the next to last pic at the Deli - do you recall how much they were charging for the human hand in the meat case? Would that be by the pound or by the hand - thanks. 

The occasional fingertip they give out as samples, I think the whole hand is just a little less expensive than the Iberico Spanish Jamon.....which is on the top right, at $288.00 per pound....

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

The occasional fingertip they give out as samples, I think the whole hand is just a little less expensive than the Iberico Spanish Jamon.....which is on the top right, at $288.00 per pound....

Make sure you get the "bone-in."   I might have a few extra "B1G Hot Ham & Cheese" coupons from Hardee's I'd share...  😎

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 12:26 AM, wvu80 said:

Thanks!

I live two hours east of Columbus, near Marietta, OH, in Parkersburg, WV.  I worked for The Ohio State last year in bio-medical research where I was eligible to get into the lottery to get football tickets.  I never did win, tickets are hard to get!

My best friend won two tickets to every home game OSU plays this year. OSU vs: Michigan is a home game this year, and he is thinking about selling those two tickets. How badly do you want to hear those two bands in the Shoe???

3 minutes ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

My best friend won two tickets to every home game OSU plays this year. OSU vs: Michigan is a home game this year, and he is thinking about selling those two tickets. How badly do you want to hear those two bands in the Shoe???

Depends on the price.  OSU vs Michigan is worth a ton of money!

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 3:51 PM, wvu80 said:

To a degree you're right and I know the final score appeared closer than it actually was.  Still, Michigan held a potential (if the talking heads are right) top four playoff team to 300 yards of total offense and it was only a one-score win for ND.

Michigan has one of the country's top coaches and that counts for a lot when trying to right a ship that looks a little rough in the early season.  I look for a dramatic improvement in week 2.

We're talking about the Michigan Wolverines here!  All they need to do to have a successful season is to beat Ohio State and knock them out of the national championship playoffs.  Hail to the Victors!  :emotion-19:

When Satan gets Frostbite!  :D

• Thanks 1