College football 2018

jimjimbo

39 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

What is the second to last thing you would expect?

BTW, Nassar is a Wolverine, class of ‘85.

Nassar obtained his Osteopathic medical degree from MSU in 1993. Employed by MSU in 1997 and fired form MSU 2016.

He's all yours

On 9/5/2018 at 12:26 AM, wvu80 said:

Thanks!

I live two hours east of Columbus, near Marietta, OH, in Parkersburg, WV.

Next time I ride the motorcycle over to the "Triple Nickel" Ohio State Highway 555 I will have to stop by and say hello.

18 minutes ago, Davis said:

Next time I ride the motorcycle over to the "Triple Nickel" Ohio State Highway 555 I will have to stop by and say hello.

Please do.  I know 555 pretty well and I live about ten minutes away where 555 and US 50 meet, near Belpre.  I'm just across that big bridge on the West Virginia side.

Alright all of you northerners, big day.... big game in TX tomorrow night, two heavyweight coaches whether or not you give Swinney that kind of respect.

Tigers D didn't leave me with my jaw on the floor last week but I'm gonna keep paying attention to Wilkins!

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

And, a couple of picture of the band for Dave.....

Thanks!  Big band, big crowd, Big House, national TV.  The NFL can't touch the excitement of big time college football!  I'll bet you had a blast!

And thanks to the Big Win, order is restored.  Coach Harbaugh gets to keep his job for another week.  🏈

Zingerman's looks pretty good too.  🍖

5 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Aggies were robbed on that fumble call, and I don't even like them.  Clemson proving they shouldn't be #2, barely beating an unranked team with help from three blind mice.

It will not affect the outcome of the game.  Aggie receiver is friggin' unbelievable with his catches including the TD, but the 2 point conversion never had a chance.  #2 Clemson escapes with a tough win.  I don't think this will drop them in the standings.

5 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

It will not affect the outcome of the game.  Aggie receiver is friggin' unbelievable with his catches including the TD, but the 2 point conversion never had a chance.  Clemson escapes with a tough win.

It could have.  A touchdown with more time on the clock would have made a comeback more plausible.   The ball clearly went out of bounds never through the end zone.  Did you miss the play I am referring to?  How can you make that claim?  It very well influenced the outcome.

I love the Aggie band.  They are huge and play classic marching tunes.  Between plays I heard Russian Christmas Music, Alfred Reed.  Although I thought the arrangement was a bit choppy, they played the heck out of it!  Magnificent marching band.

+++

Can Florida State come back and beat powerhouse Samford who is leading 23-21 at the half?  :o

I'd also like to see Kentucky beat Florida, currently 21-10 in the 3rd.

10 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Aggies were robbed on that fumble call, and I don't even like them.  Clemson proving they shouldn't be #2, barely beating an unranked team with help from three blind mice.

You're exactly right! The first view of that play from opposite the pylon from the players at their height showed that ball out of bounds!

espn is bullya! they found six other views to show that showed nothin'

I'm a Tiger fan and wow they stunk it up tonight except for sunshine coming in and his first play is a td!

Feels more like a loss & they wont be #2 any more.

Back when we played them every year in the Southwest Conference, I was excited to see their band.  Being there in person I was very disappointed.  Their marching wasn't all that precise, they always do the same thing so you would think they could get it right, and the tunes were mundane, if classic.  Their fight song is a joke.

Marching band is about as big as football itself in Texas.  In the old SW conference, Baylor, Texas, Texas Tech, and of course TCU all out ranked A&M.  Rice was a Stanford style sarcasm band, entertaining in their own way.