College football 2018

jimjimbo

29 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Check their schedules, aren't they in the same conference?  I would imagine they would rather play them a little bit into next year....This is exactly what Washington and Adams warned against.  It is bad for football to have only 2 dominant teams...

OK, I checked and it doesn't appear they meet in the regular season.

no, they would not meet until earliest in SEC title game in Hotlanta.  and that is provided each win their division & the right to play for league title.  my Auburn team won the SEC West last year, and then proceeded to stink things up royally after that.  now yes, uGa did come out very strong & played very well.  don't mean to take anything away from them.  but my guys did really stink it up, IMO.

36 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

If you're for Auburn, I see no problem with that. They're not at the top but they generally play pretty good entertaining football.

Iron Bowl!!

My cousin and her family have been down there for a while since he came to Maxwell.

yes, former student.  not exactly alumni material.  what I remember, I'll never forget.

and yes, I guess it is entertaining.  for me personally - frustrating, I expect & think our team is capable of better, holding higher expectations, all that.

but for a fan of the sport, I would think mostly, yes, entertaining.

19 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

They are the tigers who say war eagle...

yessir - that would be us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dwilawyer said:
On 9/23/2018 at 11:20 PM, wvu80 said:

Texas was right behind them going from unranked to 18th.

That will be shot lived I'm afraid.

I like Texas.  They just pounded a couple of top 25 teams back-to-back and if not for a 5 point loss in the first game to Maryland they would be undefeated.  I think they deserve some love.

I liked Texas under the previous coach (can't remember his name) who I thought was a very good man.  It's a shame such a quality person should be let go because the Money Machine known as Texas Football couldn't win a few more football games.

No doubt Texas has some ranked teams coming up.  They have good but unranked K-state and then #6 Oklahoma.  OK does not impress me since they lost their stud running back for the season and I don't think they will go undefeated this season.

Stanford #7 vs Notre Dame # 8. The wife and I are joining another couple and going to a bar/restaurant to watch both this & the OSU PSU game, they will be on at the same time, 7:30. My neice goes to ND & their daughter goes to PSU, so we will have some rooting interest.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RT FAN said:

Stanford #7 vs Notre Dame # 8. The wife and I are joining another couple and going to a bar/restaurant to watch both this & the OSU PSU game, they will be on at the same time, 7:30

It will be nice if you can get two TV's going at the same time to watch both games.  If the restaurant tries to run the same game on all TV's I think I'd ask them to put both games on.