College football 2018

jimjimbo

48 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

It will be nice if you can get two TV's going at the same time to watch both games.  If the restaurant tries to run the same game on all TV's I think I'd ask them to put both games on.

They will have both games on. Outdoor bar with tent flaps if it cools off. Belly up to the bar for some cocktails and good seafood and enjoy the games. I am looking forward to it. Besides, my nephew gave me a gift certificate for staying at our house, which will help ease the pain when the bill comes!

1 hour ago, RT FAN said:

Stanford #7 vs Notre Dame # 8. The wife and I are joining another couple and going to a bar/restaurant to watch both this & the OSU PSU game, they will be on at the same time, 7:30. My neice goes to ND & their daughter goes to PSU, so we will have some rooting interest.

Thank goodness we are going out of town for a major art show on Saturday, but I will certainly be watching Stanford beat up ND.

Hoping Penn State does the same to Ohio.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Knew this a couple of days ago but........

https://www.tigernet.com/update/Swinney-responds-to-Bryant-transferring-slap-in-the-face-comment-30925

So Bryant was "all about the team" and all that as the coach was quoted in another earlier story that circulated.

Bull, he got pis$y and abandoned his teammates because he couldn't do as good as the new guy!

A good teammate would strive to get better, produce more. Kids. Entitled kids.

And yeah I know his backstory from the last few years, he did overcome a lot.

"See Ya, Ha Ha"

Think about this:  Suppose you are the CEO of a company, any company...and you have made a commitment to retire in 1 year from that company, and due to any myriad of reasons, you actually only have 1 more year in which you can work for any company...... and the board of directors came to you and said "Mr. CEO, although you have been performing very well, we have another person in the company that we are going to promote to CEO.  We would like to give you a choice.  You may stay on here, and wile away your remaining days drinking coffee and chatting up the admin assistants, or, you may transfer to another company and make a very significant contribution to that company in the time you have remaining.

Given those two choices, what would be your decision.  Seriously.

• Like 2

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Think about this:  Suppose you are the CEO of a company, any company...and you have made a commitment to retire in 1 year from that company, and due to any myriad of reasons, you actually only have 1 more year in which you can work for any company...... and the board of directors came to you and said "Mr. CEO, although you have been performing very well, we have another person in the company that we are going to promote to CEO.  We would like to give you a choice.  You may stay on here, and wile away your remaining days drinking coffee and chatting up the admin assistants, or, you may transfer to another company and make a very significant contribution to that company in the time you have remaining.

Given those two choices, what would be your decision.  Seriously.

You are exactly right.

Why did they create a 4 game redshirt rule in the first place?  Moral of this story, don't start screwing with your starting Qback until the 5th game.

Instead, it was all about you that coach yacking to the press about making the change because he needed to "compete" and he knew he had to "compete", blah, blah.  

The way Barry handled the situation with Troy at OK would  have been a much better way to go.