Ice Cream Flavor of the Week

Jeff Matthews

If you have a Krogers, Fresh Market, Publix (I think) near you, try a pint of Graeters.

https://www.graeters.com/our-history

In my opinion, the "chip" variety are more noteworthy as they take liquid chocolate and pour it in while freezing and it breaks up into chunks.  You might get something that approaches half the size of a hershy bar....  or not....  totally random.  Also, their chips aren't "hard & crunchy" like chocolate can get when it's frozen, it still has some melt in your mouth to it.

Down side of me getting some at Kroger or Ingles locally, I usually go to Ingles who does NOT carry the traditional chocolate chip (probably my favorite) but they do carry Double Chocolate Chip (chocolate ice cream & chocolate chips).  If I drive the 20 miles to Kroger, they will have both but it's a further drive.

Historically made in 2 1/2 gallon batches...

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 10:24 PM, Jeff Matthews said:

This week is Texans Tackle Crackle, and it is good!

CM2gDeSWcAAishl.jpg

I really like HEB's brand's ice creams.  That being said, I wasn't a huge fan of this flavor.  Something about the crunchie bits wasn't to my liking.

Well, ummmmmm...  Killer around here is United Dairy Farmers ice creams...  Their Homemade brand is selling for like $5.50 for 1.5 quarts.  Gotta love the 2.0 quarts and how they've trimmed them down to 1.5 now AND raised the prices in past years...  That way everywhere?   Funny how stores pull their milk about 2 days before expiration then take it back, dump it, add sugar and turn it into ice cream.  Nothing better than true home made ice cream!

1 hour ago, Dave1290 said:

Well, ummmmmm...  Killer around here is United Dairy Farmers ice creams...  Their Homemade brand is selling for like $5.50 for 1.5 quarts.  Gotta love the 2.0 quarts and how they've trimmed them down to 1.5 now AND raised the prices in past years...  That way everywhere?   Funny how stores pull their milk about 2 days before expiration then take it back, dump it, add sugar and turn it into ice cream.  Nothing better than true home made ice cream!

I believe they're 1.75 liters around here.

• Haha 1