I have a Rep of this watch ..

The line on it is decent, but not like the Gen

15 hours ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

What might need clarified ???

I'm pretty clear on "I have a". 

Rep

The line on it is decent 

Not like the Gen

Sorry, no idea what any of that means. Send me the same drugs or the proper Rosetta stone to aid in translation.

Guessing Rep might be Replica or Reproduction but confused as to why both it and Gen are capitalized. Line decent, maybe a typo for "time decent". As in it keeps good time.

I'm sure it all makes sense in your head. Keep the tinfoil on so it doesn't escape.

I am glad someone revised this thread.  Been wearing some form of a watch for decades.  Only in the last couple of years has it become a hobby(obsession).😉

A couple of my recent acquisitions.  I think I have 10 straps for my Longines HC 39mm.

Bill

Nato International Sail cloth.jpg

Edox Skydiver Bronze.jpg

• Like 4

Thinking about restoring my '91 Tag Heuer 695.706 KA. Still wearable but the bracelet is loose and it could use....nah it needs a service. Paint's chipped and the crown is worn down.

Also looking for a new (maybe used) addition as it's been a long time since I bought a watch. Considering a Seiko Spring drive if I can convince myself to part with the $$$$.

Now that I think about it my daily Orange Monster Gen1 could use a service too.

I just put the Tag on. Feels positively dainty compared to The Monster. :D

• Like 2

On 5/21/2021 at 10:54 AM, parlophone1 said:

C700DC.jpg

I has been two years now since I purchased this new.

With no adjustments since then, it is running 90 secs ahead. So 45 sec per year, that is about average accuracy that I have in most quartz wristwatch pieces of this price range.

... Just thought to mention that.

• Like 3

Plus or minus 10 minutes is good enough precision for me. But, like Islander, I do like to know where the day stands. How much time do I have left to do X, Y or Z.

I think I have about 20 watches and other than one Seiko that cost $600 in 1995, the rest I bought for their "style" or  "color" - mostly Swatch watches and Timex. Also, I have watches to wear if I am engaged in messy work, or using tools, where the watch might get scratched. That's when I go with the Timex watches.

I really don't want complications, and I simply can't figure out "4-button watches." So, I don't lean toward those things. Never needed a stop watch that I can recall, and I don't give a darn what time it is in Rome, 'cause I ain't there. I also will NEVER be found under 100 meters of water unless someone kills me and dumps me in the ocean, in which case I probably won't care what time it is, will I?

I have one antique that I had restored to perfection - a rose gold dial Gruen Curvex from the 1940s. Very elegant - I wear it when I take the wife out to dinner, or if I am invited to a wedding. I have a watch that I wear when sleeping because it has to absolute most wonderful backlight of any watch I ever had - it's a Casio Forester and the back light is a soft yellow that mimicks "candle light" - easy on the eyes, nice warm glow.

I once bought a very expensive Patek-Phillipe from an online auction house as an investment - but when they failed to ship it after something like 14-days, I got mad and nervous and demanded my money back for "non-delivery." I won't do that again.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, willland said:

A couple of new sailcloth straps for my Longines HC 39.  I think I am up to 13 straps now.  Beats(cheaper) giving in to my obsession of buying every cool watch I come across.

Bill

Bill  , SS  would look awesome on this super watch 

61DHkMJ6vPL._AC_SX425_.jpg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, OO1 said:

Bill  , SS  would look awesome on this super watch 

61DHkMJ6vPL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Yes it would but I am a strap guy.  I have one watch with a bracelet and quickly switched it out for a provided vintage leather strap.

Cadola 4.jpg

• Like 2

On 7/18/2019 at 8:48 PM, Mossy bottom said:

Well done Schu!!! That is a beautiful watch! And that Grand Seiko is also a stunner! Great collection.  I have a modest watch collection.  I added a shot of my vintage Seiko's.  The Seiko "Pogue" 6139 -6002, Seiko "Willard" 6105-8110, Seiko Turtle 6309-7049.  I was a Navy Diver. Both the Willard and Turtle were tool watches in the truest sense.   I typically didn't wear them when I dove surface supplied.  Topside kept track of my time. They both keep surprisingly good time but when placed on the timeographer, show that they are long overdue for service.             

I got the Pouge in mid 70's because I thought it just looked cool and wore it more as a dress watch so it has survived the years unscathed.  Oh, well those are my Seiko's.

I sure do like yours.  Thanks for starting this thread!

Cheers

15635056856933967482563667062367.jpg

Love the 70's speed timers, pogues and bullheads. Impossible for me to find a genuine. 

On 6/3/2023 at 1:10 PM, willland said:

Yes it would but I am a strap guy.  I have one watch with a bracelet and quickly switched it out for a provided vintage leather strap.

Same here.

I love how bracelets look, but on my skinny/bony wrist they all cause pain while wearing. Unless I find one that matches my wrist perfectly with no play. I know there are adjustable ones but did not bother to search for it. So either strap or leather. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/3/2023 at 6:37 AM, willland said:

A couple of new sailcloth straps for my Longines HC 39.  I think I am up to 13 straps now.  Beats(cheaper) giving in to my obsession of buying every cool watch I come across.

Bill

HC Straps.jpg

Beige Sailcloth.jpg

Grey Sailcloth.jpg

Now that I am a bit "overstocked" with straps for my HC 39, decided to add a couple for my Edox Skydiver Military Bronze.  Also, after a year owning with no natural patina change with the bronze, I "forced" it with the saltwater and ammonia method and it aged several years in about an hour.

Bill

EdoxCrazyHorseGrey.thumb.jpg.3f5317dbad025943d04f0d91d967e35b.jpg

Brown O2.jpg

Brown O2 Crazy Horse.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 6/3/2023 at 6:37 AM, willland said:

Okay, I gave in to my obsession.

Longines Spirit 37mm with OEM brown leather strap and a couple of my aftermarket straps.

Bill

Spirit 37 grey croc.jpg

Spirit 37 OEM Strap.jpg

Spirit 37 tan sailcloth.jpg

Spirit 37 Taupe.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Happy to see my basic G-Shock go off only few secs per year.

It is a bit disappointing that it is made in China (not even Thailand), but accuracy is more than good for a quartz.

It has not been abused nor under water, but it has seen many bike rides on rough roads. Plastic/rubber material is not as good as I remember but I can not complain for the asking price.

g-shock-classic-dw-5600e-1ver.jpg

• Like 1