Volti Audio klipschorn upgrades

Shakeydeal

5 hours ago, dtel said:

The bad mouthing stopped and I just let it go, I had, and still have no reason to cause any problems for him or his company, it was only the badmouthing I had a problem with. 

I was unaware of that part of the evolution. Keep in mind that the CHINESE do this to US all the time, at about 1 Million times. They don't even wait for patents to run out, they just steal away, everyday, by the MILLIONS. Care to guess as to how many copies of Microsoft Window are operating Chines computers without compensation to an AMERICAN company?

They even CLONED an entire Apple Store! Selling counterfeit Apple products. The employees even thought they worked for Apple. Talk about bold, lawless, and not only stealing Intellectual property, but getting the hardware from a SECRET 3rd Shift or even building a smaller factory down the road to buy all the parts from the EXACT same suppliers as Apple, who, I suspect, do worse than break their Non Disclosure Agreements supply hardware with REVERSE Engineered Software, but I digress.

In principle, I agree with you, Eldon, but no laws were broken by Volti, and he did put his money where is mouth is to serve a very tiny market that doesn't affect Klipsch's bottom line. Personally, I'm not a fan of magazines that promote 90% of products that deserve a PWK "Bull$hit" Button (which PWK had issues with since the 1950's), but that's how these people all earn a living from that tiny niche market of people who believe in voodoo "prose" descriptions of product performance rather than science. Plus if we were NOT all quasi-religious with our faithfulness to Klipsch branded products. I remember the "preamp of the month" club where reviewers described their sound by how many "veils" were lifted from the front of a female voice, yet that is exactly HOW the RECORDINGS of those voices are done, with a nylon filter in front of the mike to cut down the sibilant edges..........but, again,  I digress.

At least he's American and keeps the money here. From what little I know of him, he just got tired of building custom homes and simply downsized "boxes" by a factor of 4,000, while only reducing the price by a factor of 10.  From a pure Return on Investment Analysis, it was a good business move if he can keep it up. Either way, I'm just a sideline observer, it has no impact on Klipsch as a business, and it's none of MY business. Besides, how many ways can you make a W bin. You did it in your own living room, but you didn't try and make a business out of it while someone else did.

No matter what, it's all about enjoying MUSIC in the best way possible.

All I know is that the upgrades sound "nice" but 99% is the the choice of new 2" mid driver and the tweeter chosen. 

I am not sure who all helped Greg, but the only one that helped me was the guy in Dallas whose wife told him he had to sell off some of his collecting when they moved. I got a great deal, so I jumped on it. I still stand by my answer earlier of "get the Jubes".

I knew it would only be a matter of time until this thread went south, seen it before. I can tell @dtel feels strongly about this and he is usually the voice of reason around here and stays calm when others are blowing up all around him. I tend to believe him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

I am not sure who all helped Greg, but the only one that helped me was the guy

In the first link that Edgar posted, I list everyone.

Looking at the measurements, it looks like he needs to reverse polarity on his midrange driver (I'm guessing).

The experience that detel had and his conclusions are shared by others.

This is not an issue of "was it legal". It was probably not "illegal", but that does not make it right and it does not make it ethical. I am sort of old fashioned in my thinking. Taking the concept and bad mouthing the company who originated it (on their own website in some instances) does not make some us fans of the "new" product. 

I hope the new standard is not what it is being reduced to by what might be happening a half a world away. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

I was

It just seem strange now after watching the whole picture years ago, and the worst part stopped and I usually don't say anything. In the last couple of years when things came up I have typed something then just never posted it, not sure why I did this time. 

3 hours ago, dtel said:

It just seem strange now after watching the whole picture years ago, and the worst part stopped and I usually don't say anything. In the last couple of years when things came up I have typed something then just never posted it, not sure why I did this time. 

I'm actually glad you did. I wasn't aware of the existence of many things you pointed out.

3 hours ago, PrestonTom said:

The experience that detel had and his conclusions are shared by others.

This is not an issue of "was it legal". It was probably not "illegal", but that does not make it right and it does not make it ethical. I am sort of old fashioned in my thinking. Taking the concept and bad mouthing the company who originated it (on their own website in some instances) does not make some us fans of the "new" product. 

I hope the new standard is not what it is being reduced to by what might be happening a half a world away. 

I agree with your statements here. But I learned a long time ago that legality and morality are two entirely different things.

I see it as poor form. The restorations were beautiful and top notch. Taking someone elses hard work and basing a company on it.... Sorry just one word for that... :pwk_bs: Then taking from the DIY community as well...... hmmm..... 

4 hours ago, dtel said:

In the last couple of years when things came up I have typed something then just never posted it, not sure why I did this

Lincoln did the same thing with letters to his generals.  Great minds think alike Elden.

On second thought, a comparison to Lincoln might not be considered a compliment in Mississippi.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Lincoln did the same thing with letters to his generals.  Great minds think alike Elden.

On second thought, a comparison to Lincoln might not be considered a compliment in Mississippi.

Well he probably wanted to take back his last statement.

"If my wife drags me to another theater like this I hope someone shoots me in the head"

• Haha 3

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Zim. said:

The OP asked for user feedback from those with direct experience with Volti's products; which was given;  period     I am very aware of the development of several of Volti's products, at least as what was posted on the forum 10-12 years ago or so, along with a few phone conversations with a couple of Greg's "resources".  

Does ones business ethics/personal morals  affect the performance of their products?

Period, I don't really care what the op asked, everything around here get's many opinions or goes off track, it's the way it is, always has been. 

No it does not affect performance, or the way some feel about him, it goes both ways. 

Last I heard of him was someone asked if he would have a display at Pilgrimage, that was funny.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, dtel said:

Period, I don't really care what the op asked, everything around here get's many opinions or goes off track, it's the way it is, always has been. 

No it does not affect performance, or the way some feel about him, it goes both ways. 

Last I heard of him was someone asked if he would have a display at Pilgrimage, that was funny.

It would be if they let him in.