Any Lennox HVAC guys on this here forum

babadono

3 minutes ago, babadono said:

Cuz of my good friend @CECAA850 I have been given choices ranging from 300 hun and change up to almost 700 hun. I wonder how much they REALLY cost. Either way its better that 2K from some HVAC ripoff artist.

How old is the unit? All of the Lennox, Carrier and Trane (heck even Goodman/Daikin) units we sell have 10 year parts warranty, if registered of course

Here's what left of the unit tag. The contractor who installed it said the install job was not finished until april 2010. We did not move in until Jan 2011. But they also said no way it's under any kind of warranty:(

P1010720.jpg

58 minutes ago, wstrickland1 said:

How old is the unit? All of the Lennox, Carrier and Trane (heck even Goodman/Daikin) units we sell have 10 year parts warranty, if registered of course

I'll call Lennox tomorrow, what the hell. All I have ever gotten from them before is "can't talk to you you're not a contractor". More D*&KHEADS.

5 hours ago, babadono said:

Howdy,

Looking for help to get a new fan motor/unit for a Lennox heat pump. "Can't sell ya one unless you're a contractor" BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,yadda,yadda,yadda. What a racquet, these guys are worse than the mafia.

I replaced mine about 4 or 5 years ago. Can't remember the on-line company I purchased it from , but I googled "Discount Lennox Parts", and voila!!!   No  company license necessary. 

FYI..... you'll need special pull-tool to remove the fan from your old motor.  I made one, but it was a pain in the ***. Buy one, it'll be easier.

10 hours ago, totalcomfort said:

Ecm motors suck, more junk to go wrong. By a standard 1/3 hp 825rpm motor. Little change in wiring but nothing hard. I never replace them with ecm motors unless it is warranty. If you get the motor pm me will send u a wiring diagram.

I had mentioned that to him but wasn't sure if it would work.

And on the subject, R410a looking like another huge government forced mistake. Higher pressures coupled with aluminum coils resulting in much shorter service life. 5 year old units across many brands needing refrigerant??? Friggin ridiculous.

18 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

And on the subject, R410a looking like another huge government forced mistake. Higher pressures coupled with aluminum coils resulting in much shorter service life. 5 year old units across many brands needing refrigerant??? Friggin ridiculous.

Then there's the R1234YF in cars these days at $16.00/oz.

16 hours ago, babadono said:

Here's what left of the unit tag. The contractor who installed it said the install job was not finished until april 2010. We did not move in until Jan 2011. But they also said no way it's under any kind of warranty:(

P1010720.jpg

15 hours ago, wstrickland1 said:

Not true. Send me the model and serial number of the unit itself (not the motor)

Yea here it is, again:)

Allrighty, Lennox says 10 year warranty from time of closing/certificate of completion on home. So that means they should honor it until June 2020. I think I'll make sure my dealer will replace motor under warranty. If not I'll order the one @CECAA850 found for me and DIY. Maybe there is more wrong with the unit?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, babadono said:

Allrighty, Lennox says 10 year warranty from time of closing/certificate of completion on home. So that means they should honor it until June 2020. I think I'll make sure my dealer will replace motor under warranty. If not I'll order the one @CECAA850 found for me and DIY. Maybe there is more wrong with the unit?

Yes man get it while you can...if they say, we need to replace the whole thing...under warranty then... cool beans...

15 hours ago, Gilbert said:

FYI..... you'll need special pull-tool to remove the fan from your old motor.  I made one, but it was a pain in the ***. Buy one, it'll be easier.

Thanks Gilbert. I got mine off last night before I saw your post. Just a little WD40 and some crystal blue persuasion.

15 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Oh, at first look, my eye saw Annie Lennox and thought I was going to find some music to listen to.  My bad. 😀  No a/c where I live, so have nothing to contribute.   

Are you hanging in the tropics...