Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

i doubt it as well. Aren’t a lot of the participants gone from the forum now anyway. 

A few are gone, 2 were banned. But to be honest, at it's peak there was only 3-5 people posting. It was kind like the same people beating the same dead horse over and over, for the most part. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dtel said:

A few are gone, 2 were banned. But to be honest, at it's peak there was only 3-5 people posting. It was kind like the same people beating the same dead horse over and over, for the most part. 

To be honest your count is low.

1 minute ago, dtel said:

which is why i didn’t hang out in there for long.  Regardless of what people claimed, i think everyone had their minds made up already and were there to preach -- which is fine by me, just don’t act like you’re the teacher and we’re the students and if we come to a different conclusion label us as either uneducated or indoctrinated. a couple of decent conversations in there; but it wasn’t exactly a braintrust. Still it was off the main forum, which was good. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

To be honest your count is low.

It might be, it did mostly seem to be just a few people posting regularly, I only looked from time to time and the best discussions seemed to be not politics are religion. It really did need some new fresh meat.

Some who were invited tried it and never came back ?

3 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Regardless of what people claimed, i think everyone had their minds made up already and were there to preach -- which is fine by me, just don’t act like you’re the teacher and we’re the students and if we come to a different conclusion label us as either uneducated or indoctrinated.

That's kind of what I was thinking when I said the best part was not about religion or politics, most of that there was no changing minds, with other things it could get interesting. At times reading on some subjects gave me a different view I never thought of, those were the good parts to me. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

It was really more tame and civilized than most people not there would have thought. Just name calling or silly claims like on the open forum would not have gone far, you would need to explain why you felt a certain way, you would get called out on it but the simple jabs like on the normal forum meant nothing and was silly.

Like a friend says, some people have a alligator mouth and a hummingbird butt . 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Part of what I liked about pilgrimage, you meet someone and stand a foot or two away from and no keyboard or internet between you and them,  they seem to have a different attitude.

I won't name who, but one time we pulled up at the hotel before pilgrimage and opened the trunk to take out the suitcases to bring to the room. A guy walks up and introduce himself, sticking out his hand, I shook it and at the same time told him i think you are an a** hole. He looked quite shocked so I explained why do you have to act like an a** all the time, it get's old.

After harassing him for a few minutes I started feeling guilty he was getting really upset. He promised he would change and asked me to give him a chance so I said sure. I was kind of nice to him the rest of the weekend i felt so bad I gave him such a hard time. 

But it was only one weekend for him and years of dealing with him online for me we have talked since and he seems to be doing better. 

• Like 2

The anonymity of a keyboard brings out the worst in some people.  Some here will remember Parrot.  IMO, he was one of the most unpleasant people on the forum.  Many years ago I had an opportunity to meet him in person at an audio event at a hotel in Southfield,  MI.  Instead of the arrogant belligerent *** from the forum, he was a scrawny dork who couldn’t punch his way out of a wet paper bag.  After a perfunctory exchanged greeting I avoided him.  He had been mean too mean to too many for too long for me to waste time on him.  I believe he was banned shortly thereafter.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dtel said:

Well the one most people knew, the BS section was ended after one of the participants opened it up to anyone on his college campus.   Which opened KGI up to the public viewing subjects and talk they did not really want associated with there corporation, even if they just supported the space for it to happen.

Always wondered what happened. 

If people want to go off the rails with politics or religion they should just join Facebook. Trolling the comment sections is a lot of fun.

• Like 1