$1,200 stimulus check.....how are you spending yours?

Coytee

3 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

You'd be helping your fellow man.  My way of helping you be more altruistic.

Acknowledged. But the real objective of the stimulus is that it be spent. That's all. Doesn't matter where or how. Just so it's returned to the economy.

2 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

"Free money"?  Ha.  That is most certainly a joke.

No free money. At first I worried about burdening the next generation, then I saw the spring break videos. I'm ok with it now.

I also heard them refer to the virus as "boomer remover", so now I'm ok with another trillion or so.

• Like 1

Just wait till the Big Bad Wolf comes knocking on your door, and says....."Remember that "free money" we gave you a while back?  Well, guess what?  Time to pay up"....

Not to mention, if all of you think you are getting this "free money"....think again.  If you made over a certain amount in 2018 or 2019, you aren't getting a dime whether you are working now or not.  Do the research and figure it out.

I can't justify spending the stimulus check on myself.

Many occupations will not be affected financially by the pandemic. I am inclined to believe my job is one of them. Why should I get a check?

So bills I had before the stimulus check would normally be paid by whatever money I had on hand. Makes no sense to me to look at that stimulus check as "mad money" to spend frivolously, or to pay down bills that didn't accumulate as a result of the pandemic. It would be easy for me to invest it, too.

So I plan to divvy up the money and donate all of it to a number of local charities.

And I'm not wealthy by any means. I roughly meet the median income for my state.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

If you made over a certain amount in 2018 or 2019, you aren't getting a dime whether you are working now or not.  Do the research and figure it out.

True. But I'm thankful to still be working so I don't actually need it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Just wait till the Big Bad Wolf comes knocking on your door, and says....."Remember that "free money" we gave you a while back?  Well, guess what?  Time to pay up"....

Not to mention, if all of you think you are getting this "free money"....think again.  If you made over a certain amount in 2018 or 2019, you aren't getting a dime whether you are working now or not.  Do the research and figure it out.

I ain't getting a dime, but my kids are. Not so sure about a big bad wolf, but it will come back to haunt.