Football Stuff

JJkizak

45 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

What happened to all of the football people on this forum?

JJK

I'm boycotting the season.  The only thing I've seen was at the bowling alley as they'll have games on the TVs that sits between the scoring monitors but really don't pay attention to that.

Yes, I'm a football fan so this is quite a departure for me.  I've seen every Superbowl that's ever been on TV other than the second half of a game in '74.  A girl was involved in me missing it.  LOL.

EDIT, same for basketball and baseball.  It's amazing how much more free time I have now.

@Ceptorman, I've kind of gone the other way.  Disappointed in the F1 racing ... or crowning of Louis Hamilton who is a great driver, but, wow now I know how non-New England Patriots fans feel.  Too much, too predictable. 

NFL might be interesting if someone can give KC a run, not sure who that might be ... maybe Seattle?  Still an NE fan, enjoying Cam having a good return and maybe learning a different system, likewise for Brady.  Not sure what's up with Gronk, we need more Gronk catches. 

NHL is out.  Is a Canadian team ever going to make the finals again?  Raptors out.  Blue Jays still going.  Ok, so a bit to watch. 

With the fake crowd noise I mostly record them, speed watch and turn off the volume.  Not as exciting as it used to be.  I bet the NFL is hoping for a vaccine before Feb.

46 minutes ago, MC39693 said:

@Ceptorman, I've kind of gone the other way.  Disappointed in the F1 racing ... or crowning of Louis Hamilton who is a great driver, but, wow now I know how non-New England Patriots fans feel.  Too much, too predictable. 

NFL might be interesting if someone can give KC a run, not sure who that might be ... maybe Seattle?  Still an NE fan, enjoying Cam having a good return and maybe learning a different system, likewise for Brady.  Not sure what's up with Gronk, we need more Gronk catches. 

Even Toto Wolfe acknowledges the predictable finishes in F1 and has offered a few suggestions to keep fan interest. F1 dynasties are no different than other sports - Schumacher/Ferrari, Vettel/Red Bull, now Hamilton/MB. Although it will never revert to “old technology” most F1 fans would like nothing more than a return of the screaming 20K RPM V10 and 12’s. 
NFL? Chiefs/Ravens tonight might well be the highlight game of the year - 

So far 22 college football games have been cancelled due to the Wuhan virus, including last Saturday's North Texas vs. Houston game that was cancelled when 4 NT players tested positive.  Not sure if the B1G waiting until 24 Oct will make much difference in exposure to the virus and potential cancellations.  Big money involved there, so maybe it can be controlled better.

9 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

B1G is starting in a few weeks but Covid is still hanging around so who knows what kind of season there will be.  Kids want to play but the thing is they're just kids.  It'll sort itself.  Maybe.

The kids, along with their parents,  have been doing what they were asked to do to have a season....except for Rutgers

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29559800/rutgers-football-covid-19-outbreak-linked-campus-party

open the stadiums to at least  the students. Its doable.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

I watch the football games, but not play-by-play.  I have seen nor heard barely anything about "politics" in them.  The same can't be said for NBA games, unfortunately, and the distraction turned me off from them.

I agree. Looks like they did their protest for the 1st game of the season and have moved on  with subtle messages .

Either the NFL is getting the message or they are just not showing it on live TV.

Anyway, it will end after this season and restart for the next election in 4 years like clockwork