NAG (SWAG2) Looking for the perfect location 2021

10 hours ago, MookieStl said:

It is not just location, it has to be an area where several (many) members can bring some interesting and a variety of gear.

You had a good mix at SWAG, need that or more for NAG. 

Hint: you need to be near Pete.

If it's a days drive with equipment, great, if not, you are correct, and it would rely on other attendees bringing gear.  I really want to make sure that @Dave A can make it with the supers and other fun items to hear.  @rockhound @CECAA850 @Seadog also brought gear, so with a handfull of attendees bringing things, it can amount to a lot of rigs.  Honestly, we didn't even play with all of it.  Switching of speakers and gear will be a lot more organized for #2, but it all worked out.

9 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Normally, I would say a big, beautiful ocean.  But, I'm temporarily in Portland and I wouldn't wish this place on my worst enemy. I think I'm stuck here another year too -- boo!

Sounds like you will need to attend the event, and get a break from your current residence.  

• Like 2

Although due to relocation activities I was not at the last SWAG but a few hours I can tell you that the rigs there were awesome a very diverse set of equipment, something for everyone. We even had a speaker rehab session where @CECAA850 held the flashlight while I refreshed my Chorus 1's with @Dave A MAHL tweets and refreshed networks done by Carl. Just a blast. No strings, no drama, no schedule, just hang and fellowship.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

@The Dude, what do we have for options?

Maybe Mahoney State Park,  the permission to drink alcohol is odd (pertaining to hours when you can/cant).  They do have lots of lodging options, campers, tents, hotels, cabins (not sure how alcohol plays in a cabin during 10 pm and 6 am).  You are 47 mins from Raceway Park in Glenwood Iowa.   46 mins from the worlds largest zoo, which is Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo.  Like 5 mins from SAC Museum,  5-10 mins from a nice wild life safari,  30 mins from Lincoln/air port, 35 mins from Omaha/air port.   Many, many, many acres or corn and cattle ranches.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Dude said:

Maybe Mahoney State Park,  the permission to drink alcohol is odd (pertaining to hours when you can/cant).  They do have lots of lodging options, campers, tents, hotels, cabins (not sure how alcohol plays in a cabin during 10 pm and 6 am).  You are 47 mins from Raceway Park in Glenwood Iowa.   46 mins from the worlds largest zoo, which is Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo.  Like 5 mins from SAC Museum,  5-10 mins from a nice wild life safari,  30 mins from Lincoln/air port, 35 mins from Omaha/air port.   Many, many, many acres or corn and cattle ranches.  

Yeah the booze is a problem around here in state and county parks and also community centers. You don't drink you can go anywhere. You do and options can be limited.

On 12/9/2020 at 9:46 PM, Dave A said:

Yeah the booze is a problem around here in state and county parks and also community centers. You don't drink you can go anywhere. You do and options can be limited.

IMO, its about finding options that check as many of the boxes as possible and going from there, so i don't want to rule anything out.

Say 3-4 guys pitched in on a cabin, this would allow a spot to congregate and have booze.  then happy campers just need to find their way back to either their camp sites or the hotel on sight.  Did I mention there would be lakes and rivers near by?