Average selling price for Belles

glen not in the valley

Hello Glen, first off, being in Canada you are getting screwed by the perception Canadians have that that same prices on used gear in the US applies here...

So whatever a “fair” price in the States is what you can expect to get here.

I balked on a pair for $2200 a couple years ago. That was a steal.

But prices are up across the board and they ain’t makin’ Belles no more.

If they are in good shape and you are in no hurry, what with AA crossovers and being walnut and all...

$3000 for starters.

$2000 and they should be gone by the time you hit “post ad” on kijiji (Canadian version of Craigslist).

• Like 1

Here is my Heritage Prices spreadsheet.  You can research sold prices from there and figure where to list your prices.  I don't know how to translate USD into loonies.

In general terms a Seller want to get $100-200 over the Average price.  A Buyer will want to pay $100-200 less.  FYI the reason Belles don't sell for much more than $2K is because at that price range you can get Khorns, which average $2196.  If yours are in Excellent condition that is also Value Added and will value your speakers at the upper end of the range.  Don't assume they are all in as nice a condition as yours, I've seen Belles that were in terrible shape.

Feel free to download.  Edit:  For technical reasons the Belle average is not correct.  The actual average is $1916.

Klipsch Heritage used prices ver 2020-11.xlsx

Great info.  I have owned them for 8 years and were purchased at an estate sale.  They were in storage for years.  Actually, still in the original boxes which I no longer have.  I was going to ask $2500 CAD which is $1950 US.  The original serial numbers are stamped into the bass cabinet.   I am selling because I'm purchasing used Khorns from the 1980's.

IMG_20201106_143218.jpg

• Like 2

I feel Belles have a unique following. Those that want them, will pay a little extra. I don't think discounting them increases the chance of a sale as much as other models.

I have two pair and have considered selling off the extra pair, but never decide to part with them.

I would start at $2500 US for mine and hold near there for a while. Possibly drop to $2250. Mine are in very good shape cosmetically except the usual plant stain on one that damaged the veneer. All the components are upgraded so that a plus.

Just my two cents based on nothing at all. I see them come up for much higher than that number, just dont see them sell for much more.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:
46 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

I have two pair and have considered selling off the extra pair, but never decide to part with them.

would love to take that extra pair off your hands; but packing and shipping would probably double your asking price. 

35 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Road trip. It's not like you're driving there everyday to see a gf.... one and done. 😎

• Haha 1

For the record, I heard a pair of Belles, once...

I was picking up a pair of Forte 2s from a guy who had both the Belles and Fortes for sale.

At the time I could not even fathom the thought of $2200 for a pair of speakers, YET.

He opened the door and while I was taking off my shoes he went into the basement and cranked up some tunes.

I came down the stairs and rounded the corner to the the most immersive sound I had heard to date. The Fortes and Belles were side-by-side. When I asked if those were the ones I had bought, he said "no, those are the Belles" and switched to the Forte 2s. My heart sank as the life left the room, lol.

Since then I have entertained LaScalas and Peavey FH-1s in my home with wonderful results.

But if I had to do it all over again, I would take the Belles in a heartbeat.

Performance, style, and grace.