Just bought Hersey Gen1 for $100. I should have opened them up before I bought.

So I picked these up at a garage sale for only $100. I thought it was to good to be true. I should have opened them up before I bought them.

One has a type C XO the other has a Type D XO 

One has a K55 and the other has a K65

One has a K22 and the other has a K22e 

Should I even try and make this right? Or should I just part them out? 

Edited by Vader540is

How do they sound?

The K-56 (not K-65), is an Electrovoice

1828. I have pair of 1828s in my la scalas. You may not hear a difference at all. You can find them for sale cjeaper than the Atlas drivers and the diaphrams are still available.

I think if the drivers are good and you recap those crossovers you got a killer deal.  The information you are not giving us is the serial numbers to figure out what year they were made and what are the correct drivers.

20 minutes ago, Dave A said:

I think if the drivers are good and you recap those crossovers you got a killer deal.  The information you are not giving us is the serial numbers to figure out what year they were made and what are the correct drivers.

👍

I have a single h1. Let me open it up and see what’s in it, I was going to use it as a center speaker. So I don’t care to much if it matches my other two H1’s that will be for left and right. If it matches either one of yours , we can trade out the parts. Give me a few days to look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Vader540is said:

Should I even try and make this right? Or should I just part them out?

all you need is   a)   another   K55V  to match up both midrange drivers ----2)  the woofers look very similar  , check the DCR with an ohmmeter , they should  match  or be very close-- 3)   recap of the crossovers with the same capacitors ---

500$ speakers  for 100$  /excellent deal-

5 hours ago, Marvel said:

How do they sound?

The K-56 (not K-65), is an Electrovoice

1828. I have pair of 1828s in my la scalas. You may not hear a difference at all. You can find them for sale cjeaper than the Atlas drivers and the diaphrams are still available.

The one with the K56 doesn't sound the same as the one with the K55. I prefer the Sound of the K55

5 hours ago, Dave A said:

I'll get that for you when I get home. Where would I find that number? 

4 hours ago, Mr. Bissness said:

Are these the actual photos? If so I think you did really well for 100$!

8519CB17-A991-4FA2-A851-9617F18A5BBD.jpeg

B4BB4AA9-FA9F-453A-B4EC-67607B459E2F.jpeg

Yes those are the actual pictures. I could not upload here the max size is 2mb and each picture is 12mb, hence why I uploaded to imgur and shared the the link here. 

3 hours ago, carlthess40 said:

I have a single h1. Let me open it up and see what’s in it, I was going to use it as a center speaker. So I don’t care to much if it matches my other two H1’s that will be for left and right. If it matches either one of yours , we can trade out the parts. Give me a few days to look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be awesome! 

1 hour ago, RandyH000 said:

all you need is   a)   another   K55V  to match up both midrange drivers ----2)  the woofers look very similar  , check the DCR with an ohmmeter , they should  match  or be very close-- 3)   recap of the crossovers with the same capacitors ---

500$ speakers  for 100$  /excellent deal-

Ok I which caps I buy? I can solder. 

I have a multimeter, how do I check DCR? 

Sorry I'm a total noob. 

I would take Polyester (Mylar) caps because they have similar properties to the original ones, I was less happy with polypropylene types but thats me. Here in the forum is the offer by JEM of Mylar caps you could get a set for your model of Klipsch approved caps in the pinned part of this section to be very sure, but other Mylars of same value should be ok at least as a try. So did I with my Lascalas. Klipsch also use Polyester caps in the current new range of Heritage speakers with great success as one can see on actual pics of the xovers. The horns like a bit a softer Q of this caps.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Vader540is said:

Ok I which caps I buy? I can solder.

you can buy the capacitors through-the klipsch Authorized Dealer   @JEM Performance ---the capacitors are OEM Klipsch parts designed for your speakers ,  these klipsch capacitors are priced the same as aftermarket capacitors -

DO NOT USE AFTERMARKET CAPACITORS  from CRITES   or any other aftermarket  source , they will not sound right  ,    the klipsch crossovers in your speakers require klipsch Original parts to reproduce the klipsch signature sound -

JEM Performance Audio       

if you have any questions -reach out to :

Jim 

@JEM Performance

412-401-6915

https://jemperformanceaudio.com/

• Thanks 1