What cool audio/video toys did ya get for XMas?

m00n

I didn't get anything electrical, but I did get the DTS plaque (most excellent). 1.gif

PI+-+Cinema+Plaque+-+lg.jpg

I was hoping for the Dolby one also, but no luck. Will have to make that purchase myself. Oh and did ya know what THX now has an online store. Not very much on their site yet but here's the link THX store

Oh ya, I almost forgot, I got this DTS shirt also.

3.+Short+sleeve_black+lg.jpg

Stevie Ray, live at the el macambo (w00t!)

Stevie Ray, live in austin texas (w00t!)

The spy who loved me DVD

oh and that Maranetz SR4200 reciever *chuckle* i almost forgot... too into those SRV DVDs.

but the reciever was actually a combined gift of... birthday/confirmation/christmas for like the next 20 years

Gave the wife a HP 750 printer - scanner, i'll probably use it more than her. lol

my christmas present to myself is being built by one of kellys buddies in canada. ( TUBE PRE-AMP) but probably wont see this piece for a month or so.

I don't dare ask for electronics for xmas, My tastes are a little to pricy for the rest of the family.

Present # 2 for christmas is being rebuilt by craig right now. ( 2- dynaco mark III tube amps). I'm my own santa claus. HO HO HO

Nope, did not get anything audio or electronic for christmas 8.gif. Oh well, but I did get a decent sum of money from my parents, so I may have to treat myself to something. Just don't know what yet. I'll wait till the post-christmas crowds die down.

I also have that HP 750 printer/scanner/copier. It is pretty nice unit and does produce good output.

"And that's the best present of all right there"

Amen to that --- If I can find them. I could kick myself - I passed on a pair of "Tigerwood horns" at C$ 2300.00 about 6 months ago but at the time I didn't have the wherewithall 15.gif

Edit: My mistake those horns were described as "Zebrawood"

I got a Sony RM-AV3000 remote. Not as fancy as a Pronto, but it does everything I want, including control the lights. Replaces a big pile of remotes that used to clutter the room. It is wonderful to be able to turn on the monitor, amp and DTV receiver with the push of a single button, without even picking up the remote.

Ear,

How's old leather face on DVD?

Gave the GF a new computer monitor (15" .24 pitch). She gave me a new hose-real for the air compressor in the garage. Got a total of $1070.00 from my boss, parents and co-workers (going to the new Acura fund). Bought the original Grinch and Major League on DVD and Elton John's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (re-mastered) on CD.

This afternoon we'll be taking advantage of the all the sales at Tiffany's and Lazarus downtown (I'm looking for a Henry Kloss radio for our kitchen and one for my desk at work providing it can receive AM in that old building).

The boss has yet to take all of us out (employees and other-halves) to dinner but that'll happen in February when things calm down.

While the GF and I were in Michigan visiting her parents I picked up a Laser Bore Sighter for my long-guns at Cabela's in Dundee along with a $40 sweatshirt and a blowgun to play with. Rented a Volvo S40 Turbo for the trip.

Ordered a chord of fire wood and a tank load of heating-oil (300 gal.)BEFORE the Venezuelan strike. The wood turned out to be very nice oak, ash and walnut.

After all this money spending and payin' all the bills I still reached my goal of having over $10,000 in the ol' savings account and will have $11,000 by the end of January. Yippee!!9.gif

Harman Kardon DVD-25 progressive scan DVD player

HK PA-4000 4 zone amplifier

4 keypads for multi-zone amp

2 pairs of in-wall speakers

2 Xantech IR repeaters

400 disc Sony CD changer with 2-way remote

6.5" Infinity component set for the car

12 DVDs - Ice Age, Toy Story 1&2, Back to the Future Box Set, Goldmember, Sixth Sense, Beauty and the Beast (for the kid), Grease (for the wife), Hoosiers, and something else I can't remember

14.gif .

It was a good Christmas.1.gif

----------------

On 12/30/2002 10:47:47 AM Trooper wrote:

Harman Kardon DVD-25 progressive scan DVD player

HK PA-4000 4 zone amplifier

4 keypads for multi-zone amp

2 pairs of in-wall speakers

2 Xantech IR repeaters

400 disc Sony CD changer with 2-way remote

6.5" Infinity component set for the car

12 DVDs - Ice Age, Toy Story 1&2, Back to the Future Box Set, Goldmember, Sixth Sense, Beauty and the Beast (for the kid), Grease (for the wife), Hoosiers, and something else I can't remember

14.gif

It was a good Christmas.
1.gif

----------------

To say the least. How are you enjoying your harman gear?

It was a good Christmas.1.gif

----------------

To say the least. How are you enjoying your harman gear?

----------------

I've only had time to try the DVD player. I had been using my original Pioneer (non-progressive scan) and quickly hooked up the HK; ready for video nirvana. It was not to be. Very washed out looking. Had to use a setup DVD and adjust all the TV settings to dial it in. After that it looks great. I was just surprised to see such a difference between DVD players. Even switching the HK between 480p and 480i causes quite a color and brightness difference. The player doesn't do DVD-A or SACD but I got a great deal on it. I had heard great things about HK's progressive scan and the setup menus and remote are much better than Pioneer.

I'll try out the amp after I find time to run speaker and control wires to the kitchen, dining room, family room, etc.

I got the wife a set of Promedia 4.1. I ordered from the Ugly Hi-Fi blowout from this site. What a bargin at $150. Those things really rock and have great bass. Needless to say she totally loves them and cranks them every chance she gets. I also got her a digital camera, nothing special but will work good for posting pics of the new HT room, Hehehe. She took out all the stops for my present. It's not Hifi related but she got me a Tag Heuer watch that I had been wanting for some time now.

Tblasting,

I got a blow gun too. Those things are fun. You can stick the little tiki darts(3" long) about half way into a peice of 1/2" sheetrock(whoops).

EJ1.gif