Electric Riding Mowers?

JJkizak

3 hours ago, JJkizak said:

9.48 at 148mph. Now is that 1/4 mile or 1000 feet?

JJK

the Electrollite  runs a  12.4-second quarter-mile at 106 mph with the Tesla Model S powertrain  ,in comparison the factory Tesla S Plaid 's quarter mile is 9,25 seconds at 152.6  mph  .

https://www.thedrive.com/news/43887/tesla-swapped-plymouth-with-pushrod-suspension-is-restomodding-done-right

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2022-tesla-model-s-plaid-first-test-review/

• Like 1

NYPD is in the process of replacing  its patrol vehicles with all electcic modelz. They out perform their gas counterparts.

CBS also ran a good segment on these a week or so ago.

https://www.carscoops.com/2023/04/nypd-sends-gas-bills-to-the-slammer-with-fleet-of-electric-mustang-mach-e-gt-cop-cars/

True, Duke.  But smoke this:  Burning even fossil fuels for electricity to power other devices is more efficient and less polluting than burning fossil fuels and burning even more fossil fuels to power things.  It is a scientific and engineering  fact.  Add to that the fact that in many places not beholden to old technology, such as my community in Texas that power the city which gets a greater percentage from renewable and less polluting sources and the gains from less pollution then you have a winning start.  The world runs on fossil fuels, but the more we as US citizens can conserve and replace this source is a step up in keeping ahead of the rest of the world, and retaining our fossil fuel  production for the military, which definitely runs on fossil fuels.  Our military runs rings around any other nation and it makes sense to keep it that way as we transition to better technology.  Some might prefer to wallow in crap, but a big picture perspective demands otherwise.

Been there, done that.  A sane mixture of energy sources is way better than a simple knee jerk defense of big oil.

Should mankind  increase its efforts to reduce air pollution ? , Of course , but unfortunately many appear to disagree with reduction efforts ,🤷  why should they worry  , the smoke just disappears doesn’t it ,it’s a big planet ,and once it clears everything is fine right ?  And maybe  there’s no limit to the amount of air pollution that can be emitted . It seems  to me that many people see air pollution as not a problem  , after  all they never offer a solution to reduce  it , they only seem to offer criticism and barriers to those interested in mitigating the problem. I think the battery powered mower is a fine idea .

To be honest, to think that mankind has some sort of culpability with "climate change" is a bridge too far for me. The climate has changed for centuries, and long before there was an industrial age. And throwing billions and billions at the "problem" to only elicit a 0.5 degree change seems pretty silly. Just like with Covid, all one has to do is follow the $$ and you will be fully enlightened.

Anyone remember about 50 years ago when saving the planet was more about cleaning up our rivers, streams and roadways? You know, before it became politicized and radicalized.

You want to reduce carbon in the atmosphere? Plant more trees. A little more photosynthesis wouldn't be a bad thing at all.

Yep, we'll have to agree to disagree.

There is a fine line between environmentalism and conservation. We want all the trees we can get until they become a fire hazard and the tree huggers won't let you thin the forest. Slippery slope indeed.

But hey, what about those electric riding mowers? Aren't they the bees knees? 😁

There’s a good deal of hubris associated with the “climatologists”. The term, I don’t know who coined it, refers to the religion of climate change devotion. Tenets being derived by scientists funded by grants to prove the validity of their claims without consideration of opposing views (who do not receive funding).

Fifty years ago we were entering a “new ice age” or at least climate scientists claimed. I suspect (I am too lazy to research, but that doesn’t stop climatologists) that the amount of carbon dioxide released has dramatically decreased since that time. 
In eighth grade earth science we were taught weather and subsequently climate was the result of unequal solar heating of the earth. Ergo with the rotation of the earth slowing, the amount of unequal solar heating should increase with related changes to weather patterns.

• Thanks 1