Subs for La Scala's?

beaufleuve

15 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

@Smitty8451

Your imaging would be so much better if you’d pull the speakers forward about a ft or so. You’ve got way too much stuff in between them. It really does make a difference.

Actually I’d go 2 ft.

Thank you for the suggestion Shakeydeal, they image perfectly after many..many months of tweaking the imaging is so good my wife puts her ear up to the center AL5 because she swears it’s playing when it’s not.  I also get great depth and on some tunes it makes me jump a bit in my seat as the sounds appear to come from above or behind.  I tried your suggestion when I first got them and in my room the center collapsed.

8 hours ago, Smitty8451 said:

Thank you for the suggestion Shakeydeal, they image perfectly after many..many months of tweaking the imaging is so good my wife puts her ear up to the center AL5 because she swears it’s playing when it’s not.  I also get great depth and on some tunes it makes me jump a bit in my seat as the sounds appear to come from above or behind.  I tried your suggestion when I first got them and in my room the center collapsed.

Well I guess if you are using the system for movies too, that makes sense. If just for music, I still say they'd sound better more forward. As for me, I will live with a sound bar/sub in the living room and leave the serious system doing what it's supposed to do.

• Like 1

Just a thought, if quite recently Roy/Klipsch launched a very thoughtful KJH that reaches 18 Hz, then I would test or make use of the same principles to achieve real and high quality bass down to 28 Hz (sufficient for most of music) with a smaller cabinet which fits a LaScala system.

1 hour ago, KT88 said:

Just a thought, if quite recently Roy/Klipsch launched a very thoughtful KJH that reaches 18 Hz, then I would test or make use of the same principles to achieve real and high quality bass down to 28 Hz (sufficient for most of music) with a smaller cabinet which fits a LaScala system.

The poster on Facebook mentioned that there was a second smaller Heritage sub prototype that he forgot to photograph.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, MMurg said:

The poster on Facebook mentioned that there was a second smaller Heritage sub prototype that he forgot to photograph.

Perhaps a misunderstanding. My post was referring to the sub in the photo...compared to the KHJ. Quasi as the smaller target size and not as a criticism, it would be too big. But well, if there is an even smaller prototype version, all the better if it can meet the requirements.

29 minutes ago, KT88 said:

Perhaps a misunderstanding. My post was referring to the sub in the photo...compared to the KHJ. Quasi as the smaller target size and not as a criticism, it would be too big. But well, if there is an even smaller prototype version, all the better if it can meet the requirements.

Maybe I was misunderstanding you.  Just to be clear for everyone, according to person who posted it on Facebook, the sub in the photo is a prototype of a forthcoming Heritage subwoofer that Roy was demoing at Audio Advice Live.  He also mentioned that there was a second smaller prototype off to the side that he forgot to photograph.  So, the implication is that a line of Heritage subwoofers is planned with at least two models.  Perhaps @Chief bonehead could comment now as this was a public demo, so some information is now out "in the wild".

Slightly off topic, @Chief bonehead - You asked me for ideas for a new Chief Bonehead class.  A class on the R&D and demo sessions on this Heritage sub line would be another good one.  I'd attend for sure.  🙂

• Like 2

For Realz...a horn loaded Klipsch sub to go with Heritage thats not bigger than my refrigerator..Oh PLEASE,PRETTY PLEASE. And not just butt azz black.

On 7/30/2023 at 6:25 PM, Chief bonehead said:

Patience….

On 8/5/2023 at 9:24 PM, mikebse2a3 said:

I bet they will be awesome especially with Heritage… 👍🙂

Spotted this on a facebook post for those interested…

miketn

IMG_4664.thumb.jpeg.fdbb5c72a8794f6085940737cd8660ae.jpeg

19 hours ago, dtel said:

Nope, way to small, 4 of those would be a little closer.

I don't think so, still way to small for a 1202,  must be something new.

But a horn so I like it already.

16 hours ago, MMurg said:

The picture from Facebook is apparently a prototype of a Heritage subwoofer.  I saw the post.  Roy was at Audio Advice in NC apparently demoing the thing.

2 hours ago, MMurg said:

13 minutes ago, Chief bonehead said:

There will 4 in the line. One to go with khorns and la scalas. One to go with Cornwalls, fortes and heresys. And two smaller ones. All based on the hornloaded vented system. They sound a little different……

when will the horn sub be ready for the Forte IV?