College Football 2023

Dave1291

It's goin down whether you like it or not.  Heat dome?  Higher ticket prices?  Sports channels increasing prices?  Disney & ESPN?  Peacock TV?  Youtube TV?  Gettin crazy out there.  What's your team bringin to the table?  The Natty?  Bama, Georgia, OSU, blue, LSU, Clemson, Penn State, TX?  Gonna get crazy again.

1 minute ago, billybob said:

Noles vs Gators vs Canes vs UCF...all I got.

At least ya got power!  lol  OSU's @ IU @ 3:30 on CBS around here.  Aside from that I'm not even into it yet.  OSU jacked ticket prices up again this year and they still have tickets remaing for home games.  ALL the conferences are now jumping on the wagon w/the "mini" NFL prices but that's the way it's gonna be with the transfer portals and players getting paid.  Thing is, are people going to play the game cause the times they ARE a changin.  :)

• Confused 1

Wellllll they lost 3 O-linemen to the NFL last year.  Sent Houston a starting QB so you guys know where you can shove those 50 points.  😂  After today and prior to former OSU player Marcus Freeman drooling at the thought of winning this year in South Bend there's a LOT of work to be done. 

Solidify the O-line, get whoever QB1 is gonna be to throw w/authority before ANYthing happens.  Great backs can't run thru non-existant holes, receivers are fantastic but the ball HAS to be catchable or close to it. 

Lotsa work to be done in two weeks.  Sure didn't look like a #3 team today at all.  That'll prolly even change.  The sleeper this year is gonna be Cade Stover the big tight end.  I know the kid and I know the family.  That kid was tossin hay bales at 10 and has NO quit in him.  Sr this year and will go early in the NFL draft.  He's tough, durable and is gonna be a go to man for sure.

Imo they're gonna lose one game prior to the game w/blue.  Possibly more depending on how quickly they can get it together.

OSU has one of he toughest schedules in the country this year.  ND away w/Freeman gunning, Penn State @ home, Wisc on the road w/former player & Coach Luke Fickell who moved into the head coaching job there leaving Cincy and blue in Ann Arbor.  Got some huge targets on our backs.

Some great teams out there this year w/the portal use and that will continue.  Bama's throwing money as is GA, LSU and the rest of 'em.  Should the college players get paid?  That's the question.

I've said for 3 years now this is all going to change college football into a mini-NFL.  Ticket price increase across the NCAA schools to pay the athletes (it's ALL athletes not just football), tailgating will be gone cause your ticket is gonna have a menu included in the price (here's ur 2 dogs and a beer w/chips for 20 extra).  Today, in Ohio and elsewhere Spectrum wasn't permitted to televise ESPN games because Disney (the parent company of ESPN) is wanting more money from cable providers.

The question is how much are the fans going to "feed the machine" before they get fed up?  Oh wait, NOW the NFL wants more money.  Keep feeding the machine or no Sunday ticket boys.

Bottom line is how MUCH are you willing to pay to see YOUR team play whether it's in a stadium or on the tube.  My thoughts?  Tag the Sports Betting Companies that shove money hand over fist into their off-shore accounts every weekend.  Oh wait, that won't happen either cause they're buying advertising. 

Write the check boys but after typing all of that 50 points sounds good.  Get back to me after next week's "Youngstown State" game.  Oh wait, they're gonna be gunning too come into the stadium and win one for former Coach Jim Tressel who's now the President of Youngstown State. 

Yea, it's gonna be complicated this year.  50 points huh?  hmmmm  Don't hold ur breath but maybe!  😂   😂   Right now a pumpkin spice served humbly to you both over in CCC&C sounds better with the 50 points that is...  Pumpkin Spice the choice of those dumb enough to give ANYONE 50 points.  😂😂💪

So yea your prolly laffin but to add just to add a bit of credibility to that statement.  Look on the OTHER side of the ball at what the Defense gave up to IU.  Master's in Business from Ohio State's Fisher School of Business.  My favorite course was "Sports Betting 101" Jimmy the Greek- M,T,W,Th, F @ 2PM.  Defense WINS ball games too.  Yup, pumpkin spice for ya all.  I'd feel badly takin your house, boat & car.    😂💪😎

• Haha 1

Was thinkin of you @oldtimer while watching.  Smirkin a bit and thinkin the only thing "Neon Dion" could do to take it to an even higher level would be to bring in Dennis Rodman A.K.A. "the worm" to Coach the Defense.  Think about it.  A hybrid football/hoops team?  If anyone could pull it off they could.  Wait add Sir Charles too!  They'd take those kids to a new level!  Gotta get outta that box!  Ray-bans, gold 'n cowboy hats all around.   😂😎   :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@grasshopper  Well SOMEone thinks he can make a difference.  I wondered but it could happen.   I couldn't believe Ohio State hired John Cooper in 87 after two years @ ASU.  THEN they kept him for 12?  Coop had soooo many NASTY habits on the field coaching.  Got a shot of him once w/his headset on throwing up his right arm to signify we got a TD and the entire time he was holding his nuts w/his left hand.  Another one I got was the same thing.  One arm up the left hand buried up his nose.  Thought about makin t-shirts and sellin em up in Ann Arbor on game day.   :)

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

@grasshopper  Well SOMEone thinks he can make a difference.  I wondered but it could happen.   I couldn't believe Ohio State hired John Cooper in 87 after two years @ ASU.  THEN they kept him for 12?  Coop had soooo many NASTY habits on the field coaching.  Got a shot of him once w/his headset on throwing up his right arm to signify we got a TD and the entire time he was holding his nuts w/his left hand.  Another one I got was the same thing.  One arm up the left hand buried up his nose.  Thought about makin t-shirts and sellin em up in Ann Arbor on game day.   :)

With those gestures he would have made it on late night TV.

JJK

• Like 3

4 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Could have been even worse.

Darn ya made it in here before me.  Since you're airmobile I'll just leave it here for a watch in your spare time.  :)  

😂  GO BUCKS!  Karma perhaps?  Come on up for a visit and I'll show ya around the campus.  💪    😂

Maybe he's looking around in the transfer portal today?  Asking for a friend.  :)

Dude, I loathe that hater! He couldn't bring itself to say one nice thing about the Tigers when they were doing great five to seven years ago. Just nit pick nags.

Not sure how I'd last up there with my Hurricanes and Tigers Championship gear where y'all are so proud you can spell a four letter word:tongue:

• Haha 2