How much YouTube do you watch?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. How much YouTube do you watch?

• None
    • Less than 6 hours a week.
    • Between 6 and 12 hours a week.
    • Over 12 hours weekly.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/01/23 at 05:01 AM

9 minutes ago, RealMarkDeneen said:

I think of YouTube as the best kind of TV. Considering how crappy streaming services are, and how useless cable TV is, it's the only decent alternative. But no, I won't pay for it!

I agree. No streaming service or cable here either and we don't pay for YouTube. Otoh, that means we're the product! 😮 So far I'm good with it but I do wonder...

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, OO1 said:

Youtube's main engine runs  on paid ads 

There do appear to be various paid subscriptions to YouTube but truthfully the ads are short and most can be skipped. WAY less than other free content. Heck, the link dtel provided at ads all over the place. On YouTube they're 8 seconds and are predictable....On that note, it does get sinister when you consider how they get the ad streams. 🤐

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

I agree. No streaming service or cable here either and we don't pay for YouTube. Otoh, that means we're the product! 😮 So far I'm good with it but I do wonder...

I think we're always the product.........🤢  But that's just modern life.

I think of YT as "world television." I am nonetheless concerned about their censorship policies and actions.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gilbert said:

Way, way, waaaaaay less than 6 hours/wk.  More in-line with 30 to 60min. a month.  

I was like that several years ago and then after subscribing got down interesting pigeon holes. Mostly travel and then documentaries, and now historical religious studies along the rest. 

1 hour ago, Jeff Matthews said:

What's with the Real(name)?  Makes me wonder if next, we'll start seeing the RealReal(name).

The last one had a reputation so he had to distance himself from it/him...Dunno but both of you guys are more subdued. Must be retirement. 😎 Good to see everyone posting and hope all is well.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2023 at 7:35 AM, Zen Traveler said:

There are several great live-cams from Amsterdam but this is the most mesmerizing. 

Years ago, I used to watch 3 live cams that were in three parts of downtown Belfast, my home town.  Sometimes, if I had stayed up late, I'd pull up one particular one and watch the sunrise in Belfast, in real time, five hours before the sun rose in Toronto.  It was a small thing, but it made the city seem a bit less distant for a few minutes.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Islander said:

...I'd pull up one particular one and watch the sunrise in Belfast, in real time, five hours before the sun rose in Toronto.  It was a small thing, but it made the city seem a bit less distant for a few minutes.

Yeah, I also enjoy realizing the time difference between Texas and my European webcams...There's also some live walks in Amsterdam and various recently filmed ones in the Jungfrau Region of Switzerland. Ha! I watch all of this several times a week. 

• Like 1

On 9/11/2023 at 1:02 PM, RealMarkDeneen said:

I think of YT as "world television." I am nonetheless concerned about their censorship policies and actions.

I several friends that have been censored numerous times They are diverse channels Prepping, Law, Guitars. 🙄

• Like 1

12 hours ago, the real Duke Spinner said:
On 9/11/2023 at 12:02 PM, RealMarkDeneen said:

I several friends that have been censored numerous times They are diverse channels Prepping, Law, Guitars. 🙄

What are they being censored for?

3 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

What are they being censored for?

Pretty much anything and everyone that challenges, contradicts, rebutts, or debunks the ongoing social-control narrative for western civilization.

Now that the same 'screen' can be seen by all eight billion people, consolidation to a single narrative was inevitable.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RealMarkDeneen said:

Pretty much anything and everyone that challenges, contradicts, rebutts, or debunks the ongoing social-control narrative for western civilization.

Now that the same 'screen' can be seen by all eight billion people, consolidation to a single narrative was inevitable.

I guess my position is I saw what basically pre/non-censorship brought us and I'm happier with the alternative...Once you think we've reached balance AI comes along. Oh, well. Watched about 3 hours of YouTube already today. 😎

• Like 1