Solid state integrated for ForteIVs

Hello Klipsch people,

I have been running tube amps with my Forte IVs for a while and lately having problems. I would like to put my tube amps away for a while and get a solid state integrated so when I turn it on it plays the same every day….something non fatiguing. I would like to be under 10k and under 5k would be perfect….

Thanks….

20 minutes ago, Silverfoxvtx1800 said:

Hello Klipsch people,

I have been running tube amps with my Forte IVs for a while and lately having problems. I would like to put my tube amps away for a while and get a solid state integrated so when I turn it on it plays the same every day….something non fatiguing. I would like to be under 10k and under 5k would be perfect….

Thanks….

Welcome @Silverfoxvtx1800

Sure members will have some decent choices for you, in that range!

@Silverfoxvtx1800,

You will have a very tough time finding anything of this quality up to $5000.00.

https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/yamas3200blk-rb/yamaha-a-s3200-stereo-200w-integrated-amplifier-black/1.html

YAMAHA A-S3200 Stereo 200W Integrated Amplifier Black

Come to think of it, the younger brother is an even better bang for the buck.

https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/yamas2200bl-rb/yamaha-a-s2200-stereo-integrated-amplifier-black/1.html

Bill

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Silverfoxvtx1800 said:

does that one you recommended sound that good?

I have the "entry level" of the Yamaha analog integrated amps, A-S1000 driving my RB-75s and could not be more please.  It is a 48.5 pound beast.  It sounds fantastic with every speaker I have thrown at it including RF-63s. Heresys, and Heresy IIs.  Search the web for reviews, professional and users, for the A-S3000, A-S3200 and majority consensus is very positive if not excellent.

Bill

3 hours ago, Silverfoxvtx1800 said:

does that one you recommended sound that good?

Definitely   , the A/S series of Yamaha are high-end  old school  Discrete  amps with  the highest quality parts     , the A-S 3200 is top of the line   , A-S 2200 is  mid-line ,   the A-S 1200 is a bargain 

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio_visual/hifi_components/a-s1200/index.html

-

On 10/8/2023 at 8:59 AM, Silverfoxvtx1800 said:

Hello Klipsch people,

Thanks….

You could even take advantage of the bi-amp capability of the Forte IV and connect both the SS and tube amp up!

5 hours ago, Silverfoxvtx1800 said:

I have Yamaha Home theater A/V music doesn’t sound to good on it, but is bullet proof…does that one you recommended sound that good?

I was thinking Pass Labs or Sugden integrated 

That integrated Will showed will sound much better than their AVR, that's one nice amp.

12 hours ago, OO1 said:

Definitely   , the A/S series of Yamaha are high-end  old school  Discrete  amps with  the highest quality parts     , the A-S 3200 is top of the line   , A-S 2200 is  mid-line ,   the A-S 1200 is a bargain 

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio_visual/hifi_components/a-s1200/index.html

-

Not what I would call discrete component amplifiers from a look at the schematics. Full of IC's and even microprocessors. Moot point if they sound good though. I have found IC's can and do sound excellent. Integrated circuits were abundant in the tuner section of 70's receivers. Many of the 70's amplifiers and receivers started using what are called power packs for the output section of an amplifier. They would not be called discrete component amplifiers. Discrete components mean three legged creatures and not the many leg centipedes. 

Yamaha has been a leader in amplification for decades. I would call them modern designed amplifiers using modern components. The lower priced one I rejected years ago was probably just a fluke. Gave it away. Best I can remember it cost around $4 to $500 15 years ago and was not that great sounding lacking bass as well. Many happy owners of the ones listed above though with great reviews and loyal following. 

But a company like PassLabs and Firstwatt still make true discrete amplifiers for the discriminating audiophile. From the living legend Nelson Pass as well. 

there's no doubt the a-s1200/2200/3200 series amplifiers have been a successful match with klipsch speakers for many people.  i agree with henry that if you want to step it up a notch, the pass int-25 would be a good choice.

• Like 1

Not familiar with Sugden, sorry. The thing is with a Nelson Pass amp you get matched components at critical places with a burn in period and adjustment to assure proper working order before being offered for sale. The last one built is assured to meet specifications as the first one built. In other words time consuming hands on testing and assembly that major assembly line audio amplifier manufacturers do not do. Customer support long after the sale if the need ever arises. Most of the time there is a waiting period to receive one of their products. By the way the USA is not their main selling place in the world. Nelson is also a big proponent of class A and for a reason. Still considered the best form of amplification for a reason. If not mistaken most of the offerings are mosfet instead of BJT's or IC chips as in Yamaha's or other mass produced amps. There is a difference in sound from a mosfet amp and a BJT. Naturally such detail and quality control comes at a price but one can be assured the product will last for decades. Nelson at diyaudio said they recently tested a 40 year old amplifier of his and the capacitors still tested good. There are reason for this I will not get into.