Hi, ....AGAIN!

Cal Blacksmith

There has been way too much that has happened since my last post. 

Shortest story,  we moved to Rockmart Georgia in December 2021, I lost my wife of 41 years in August of 2022 and I have slowly,  very slowly been moving in. 

I just got around to setting up the music room and it has been awesome to get back to great audio. 

There is so much more work to do but music breaks are awesome. 

Rosewood Khorns and vinyl with all tube amplification. 

Is there still an annual Klipch gathering in Hope or has that been a victim of the "cough"?

20231108_124450.jpg

• Like 7

Sorry to hear of your loss. I'm less than two hours north.

As to the get together, a group is meeting in Hope this weekend to see and hear Roy's new Heritage horn subs (3 sizes). Not the regular get together, but things are happening

Welcome back!

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, babadono said:

@Cal Blacksmith Pilgrimage is pretty much dead. They get together on PWK birthday now and I have not been but it does not appear to be anything like the old pilgrimages. And it is more than Covid that caused its demise IMO.

Bummer.  I had always wanted to get to the pilgrimage but traveling from CA was a bit far. Now that I live a 8 hour drive away,  it would be much more feasible. 

7 hours ago, Marvel said:

Sorry to hear of your loss. I'm less than two hours north.

As to the get together, a group is meeting in Hope this weekend to see and hear Roy's new Heritage horn subs (3 sizes). Not the regular get together, but things are happening

Welcome back!

Thanks,  I have been away from the audio scene other than enjoying what I have,  for a while. 

It will take a while to get back into the scene. 

I am sure that there are lots of names I don't recognize and those who I do know are like old friends at a reunion.  Very comforting. 

Thanks again for the welcome!

27 minutes ago, Cal Blacksmith said:

Actually it is a Power 1 but with the cage on, it is next to impossible to tell. Good eye.

The Preamp is a VTL ultimate and I have a thread here about it when I bought it used in 2004.

I had a Power 2 about 15 years ago, so that’s how I recognized it.

Long time, welcome back and condolences on the loss of your wife.

7 hours ago, Marvel said:

I'm less than two hours north.

Yikes, which means I'm about 3-3 1/2.....  I better go reinforce the doors and let the dogs out.

Or, maybe in Spring we could have a group meet in the Chattanooga area, have lunch and yell & scream at each other?!!!

:emotion-21:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Coytee said:

Yikes, which means I'm about 3-3 1/2.....  I better go reinforce the doors and let the dogs out.

Or, maybe in Spring we could have a group meet in the Chattanooga area, have lunch and yell & scream at each other?!!!

That sounds great.  It would be awesome to get some face to face time with some of the names I have talking with for now, decades 😀 

5 minutes ago, Coytee said:

Thanks. I am slowly getting used to being alone.  Playing music anytime and any volume I want is nice though.

• Like 2