what is your favorite movie line?

Colin

Nigel: ...the numbers all go to eleven. Look...right across the board.

Marty: Ahh...oh, I see....

Nigel: Eleven...eleven...eleven....

Marty: And most of these amps go up to ten.

Nigel: Exactly.

Marty: Does that mean it's...louder? Is it any louder?

Nigel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it?

Nigel: ...One louder.

Marty: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?

Nigel: These go to eleven.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple immediately come to mind............

Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction:

"He's deader than fried chicken"

Robert Duvall in Apocalypse Now:

"You smell that? Do you smell that?...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know, that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like - victory. Some day, this war's gonna end."

"Ervin-you stand up. I aim to bust ya' up a mite."

"PLO-permanent latrine orderly"

"They wuz mighty peculiar words like ib and gunixl and buglump" No Time For Seargents

" If you are gonna be hung it's good to be hung by your friends." Jake Spoon in Lonesome Dove

"Is that your beef critter alvin?" Hit air. Sgt York

"Well there's one thing you won't like private snowball and that's we don't serve fried chicken and watermelon on a daily basis" Full metal Jacket

"Are ya aiming ta kill him Duke?" Petrified Forest

Life is like a box of chocolates you never know what you are gonna get, Tom Hanks as Forrest Gump

Your other left! to Keanu Reeves in The Matrix

You make me want to be a better man, Jack Nicholson in As Good As It Gets

Learn to live with disappointment, Princess Bride

Pork is a nice, sweet meat, Babe

Not without my consent, Mila Jovovich in Fifth Element

What happened to Solly? (the guy Arold was hanging over a cliff in Commando)

I let him go.

Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer, do the death throe of HAL 9000 in 2001: A Space Odyssey

Theres no place like home, Wizard of Oz

You had me at hello Renee Zellwegger in Jerry McGuire

Are you talking to me? Robert De Niro in Taxi Driver

"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse" Marlon Brando The Godfather

I coulda been a contenda, Marlon Brando in On the Waterfront

The horror, the horror, Marlon Brando in Apocalypse Now

"May the Force be with you." Star Wars

"They're heeeere!" Poltergeist

Adrienne!! Sylvester Stallone in Rocky

The is another fine mess you have gotten us into, Laurel to Hardy

2.gif

"Private Pile, It looks like the best part of you ran down the crack of your momma's *** and ended up a brown stain on the mattress!!!"

"Pile! Get off of my obstacle!!"

Both from Full Metal Jacket

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Cannonball coming" Bill Murray in Caddyshack

"....I got a pond and pool.......The pond would be better for you though" Chevy Chase to Bill Murray in Caddyshack

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"And you will know my name is the lord when I strike down upon thee with furious anger......." Samuel L. Jackson/Pulp Fiction

From the Return of the Pink Panther:

Inspector Dreyfus: Don't you know the blind man was a look-out for the gang?

Clouseau: How can a blind man be a look-out?

Dreyfus: How can an idiot be a policeman?

Clouseau: Simple. All he has to do is enlist...

Also from the same, after a bomb goes off in Clouseau's apartment:

Clouseau: Poor Kato...it nearly blew his little yellow skin off...

Oh, the possibilities are endless.

The Dad from "Clueless", to the daughters boyfriend before the date instructing him in the ways of treating his daughter. " You better treat her right, I have a .45 and a shovel...and I don't think you'll be missed"

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigatettes, it's dark, and we are wearing sunglasses...hit it".

"Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now".

"Its an ex Mount Prospect squad car. It's got a four hundred and forty cubic inch plant, cop shocks, cop brakes, cop tires. It was made before 1974 so it will run good on regular gas...waddaya say...is it the blues mobile, or what?...Get a new lighter.

"Sewer rat might taste like pumpkin pie, but I'll never know, because I ain't eatin' the filthy mother fu#%&*".

"You reach into that bag there and pull out my wallet".

"How will I know which one is yours"?

"It's the one that says, Bad Mother Fu*&$# on it".

Two of my favorite lines:

This first one is a classic, and was used in a very old Hallmark Hall of Fame movie in which the ghost of a writer is trying to help out a living writer to get rid of his writer's block. They had been discussing the critics' opinions of the morality of the dead writer when the ghost says:

"Immorality is the morality of those who are having a better time."

You gotta love a line like that!! It outta be on t-shirts!! 9.gif

My other favorite has already been mentioned: From Band of Brothers... CPT Richard Winters to a LT who has just told him that the Germans are about to cut off Bastogne from the south, leaving the 101st surrounded:

"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant...WE'RE SUPPOSED TO BE SURROUNDED!"

Only paratroopers REALLY understand THAT ONE! How true! The nature of the beast!

1/509th PIB, 73-76 & 90-92

But my favorite line of all time was never in a movie...but SHOULD HAVE BEEN! One of my old Airborne enlisted buddies stood up on a chair in a bar and hollered out:

"By Gawd...It takes a BIG MAN to whip ME!!"...and as some big drunks headed toward our table, he continued..."BUT, it doesn't take him LONG!"

That line got us free drinks from those laughing big drunks the rest of the nite!! 2.gif

My favorite motto? Well, when I went through Infantry Officer Basic Course at FT Benning, the platoon I was in was composed of all the oldest guys in the training company...we were all OCS graduates and the other platoons were mostly West Pointers, Citadel grads, and Virginia Military Institute grads. They all had these "high-speed" platoon mottos...and whenever the platoons were called to attention, we had to blurt out these mottos. Well...we all got together in the "old fart" platoon and came up with an appropriate motto:

"We don't care, we don't try, we're just here for TDY!"

Funny thing is...all of our collective experience as former NCO's allowed us to take the top award in EVERY CATEGORY, including the PT test scores...for the duration of the training! And our motto, although initially an embarrassment to our platoon trainer(who was on his last cycle before retiring)...was even yelled out by HIM when we graduated as the top platoon of the battalion...the first time a platoon he had trained ever got that award!! 2.gif

From "The Ballad of Cable Hogue"

Cable (Jason Robards) is telling the Preacher what he's going to do to the "friends" who left him to die in the desert.

Preacher: "Remember, 'Vengeance is Mine, saith the Lord."

Cable: "That's fine by me, as long as He don't take too long, and I can watch!"

Plus all those lines from "Casablanca."

2.gif