Best DVD Concerts

arthurs

The best sound quality of 200 I own,Steely Dan(two against nature live),The Cult-Live.I have the rf7's and if its much less than a perfect recording you will know.Out of about 200 concerts I have about 25 that are very,very good recordings.I also have about 25 that sound like Thomas Edison may have recorded them on a cylinder,some newer recordings.If you own the Dan let me know what you think,if not better get it.If you like any kind of music you should hear it,the horn section sounds very convincing on Klipsch.The guitars,bass, drums,backup chicks,you will get your money worth.

----------------

On 5/25/2003 7:56:09 PM Fish wrote:

I also have about 25 that sound like Thomas Edison may have recorded them on a cylinder

----------------

You too? It may come on a DVD but the "master" may have been that famous cylinder... 9.gif

Rob.

PS: I second the Roy Orbison B&W as it is a quite good recording... unfortunately not my cup of tea musically 15.gif

Peter Gabriel- Secret World Live

Fleetwood Mac- The Dance

Eagle- Hell Freezes Over

Yes- Live from the House of Blues

Sarah Brightman- One Night in Eden

All are great...

On the other hand, one to stay away from (regrettably)

ELO- Out of the Blue (very compressed and only in stereo)

Just my .02 cents...

Wow now were talking John folgerty is awesome Tom Petty live at the filmore killer. Metallica cunning stunts super and pearl jam's touring band 2000 very cool. Another excellent one is Stevie Ray Vaughn live from Austin,Texas his leads just jump out at ya. Pink Floyd the wall is a good one. Megadeth rude awakening , If your into some heavy stuff check out overkill wrecking everything that sucker is dts and it is awesome clarity and totally rips your head off.I never truly experienced dts untill i watched that now i know their is a difference.