What are you listening to?

joshnich

The Lamb is my all-time favorite alblum. So much going on, and I feel like I get sucked right into the story. "Riding the Scree" was one of tracks I used to audition speakers way back when. There was one particular note that would challenge just about any speaker not to distort. The Klipsch passed. :)

I managed to even get this on 8-track. Also got an extremely well done german version of the LP.

If you like this alblum, and dont have Archives I, GET IT. You won't be dissapointed.

----------------

On 10/14/2003 10:51:11 AM dgb wrote:

The Lamb is my all-time favorite alblum. So much going on, and I feel like I get sucked right into the story. "Riding the Scree" was one of tracks I used to audition speakers way back when. There was one particular note that would challenge just about any speaker not to distort. The Klipsch passed.
:)

I managed to even get this on 8-track. Also got an extremely well done german version of the LP.

If you like this alblum, and dont have Archives I, GET IT. You won't be dissapointed.

----------------

Is it available on LP?

Tom

• Like 1

In no particular order (observing the release time constraint, natch).....

Flaming Lips "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots", "Soft Bulletin"

Bjork (All of it)

Donna the Buffalo "Live at the American Ballroom", "Wait til Spring", w/ Jim Lauderdale

Brad Meldhau "Largo"

Sloan "Pretty Together"

----------------

On 10/14/2003 10:48:30 AM scrowley911 wrote:

Maxell Jazz Sampler

Warren Zevon-Excitable Boy

Los Lonely Boys

Zydeco Dots

Rush-A Farewell to Kings

----------------

Which Maxell Jazz Sampler do you have? Is it the one with Buddy Rich? I've been looking for that one forever. I listened to the other yesterday. It has Mark Almond, Chick Corea, Dizzy, Oscar Peterson, etc. Please let me know if you have the other. I'd like to know what the Buddy Rich song is. I have it on tape only, recorded when I was in college about 100 years ago.

I also listened to Excitable Boy about 3 time in the past week. You have good taste.2.gif

• Like 1

most recently:

"wait for me" - susan tedeschi

"kind of blue" - miles davis (not five years, always seems to be in high rotation at my house)

"stan getz with the oscar peterson trio" - ibid (not five years)

"august and everything after" - counting crows (not five years)

"shake your money maker" - black crowes (not five years)

"rust never sleeps" - neil young (not five years)

"tupelo honey" - van morrison (not five years)

well I couldn't do it...

Attn boomac!

It's called "Picture of HEATH" (not "health") because most of the songs are Jimmy Heath compositions! Jimmy Heath spent most of the 1950's in prison but when he got out he made up for lost time with some SENSATIONAL Riverside LPs (check out "The Thumper"). He's still going strong today (as are his older brother Percy and younger brother Tootie).

The Frogs-homemade compilation

Quasi-new album

Japancakes-Belmondo

Luke Vibert-homemade comp.

Mulholland Drive soundtrack

Lustmord-Metavoid

Porter Ricks

Verve remixed & unmixed comps

Willie Bobo-Finest Hour

Older than 5 years but I've just recently "got into" Nina Simone

Dead ! My all time favorite.

Constantly seeking out the most recent releases of high quality recordings such as "Dick's Picks", "Views from the vault", Recent summer tour soundboards recorded by the band.

Same thing with Phish recordings.

Lots of other misc. music as well. Concetrations in Blues, rock, jazz.

Mark,

Shoot me a pm or email if you want to trade Dead ideas. I haven't bought any Dick's Picks in a while but I heard some cuts from 25 and they sounded great. I have most all of them through #20 plus 300 or so tapes which only get car use, not to mention dozens of other recent and not so recent cds.

This is some of the more recent recordings that have been on our TT, CDP and SACDP lately. I'm streaching it to recorded in the last ten years...

Jack Johnson - Brushfire Fairytales, On and On (My daughter was home this weekend.)

Christian McBride - Gettin' To It

Steve Earle - El Corazón, I'm Alright, Jerusalem

AKUS - Live, New Favorite

Jazz on the Latin Side All Stars

Cassandra Wilson - New Moon Daughter

Tony Bennet/KD Lingus - A Wonderful World

Tony Bennet - Playin' With My Friends

Nnenna Freelon - Soulcall (didn't like 'till heard her live - wow!)

Peter Cincotti - Peter Cincotti (daughter saw him at MJF)

Chris

----------------

On 10/14/2003 3:21:47 PM tbabb wrote:

I purchased both LPs a month or so ago. They were enjoyable and I don't even have a daughter.

tb

----------------

On 10/14/2003 3:10:50 PM ChrisK wrote:

Jack Johnson - Brushfire Fairytales, On and On (My

----------------

tb,

I like them also. It's just that my daughter and her band of hotties want him badly. As a matter of fact I got them on vinyl for about $11 each and the little brat swiped the album covers to take back to school with her. She's putting them on her fireplace mantle. When I die, I want to come back as one of my kids.

Chris