Dog pictures

Parrot

This is Otis as a pup.

Long story short, last christmas a SOB hunter shot & killed two of our dogs & crushed us. Several months later, wifey said "I had a dream we got a puppy and his name was Otis", so the journey began to find Otis.

We found him at the local shelter, just took to him on sight knowing he was the one. Took him home, next day, took to vet for shots. the NEXT day he was BACK at vet very ill. Seems he had parvo (VERY nasty for those of you who might not know)

Well, he survived parvo!! 9.gif

He's grown now (will post another)

He is ill again today. He's contracted blasto mycosis. Evidently another deadly disease if not caught (he owes BOTH of us recognizing he was ill, to my wife...if not for her, he'd died with the parvo bout)

Anyway, he's been on medication for a month and has about another month to go. His symptoms for blasto mycosis have GREATLY improved.

He's just about as sweet as anyone's dog here might be. It's wonderful when you get one of the "sweet ones" huh?

post-15072-13819250541164_thumb.jpg

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

this is Otis today, along with Chloe. We live in the country and people are always dumping their unwanted pets our way. We kept Tubby, Daisey, Wiggles and gave away six others. Just couple months ago, someone dumped Chloe off and we've added this adorable thing to our crowd. We now have Tubby/Otis and Chloe.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Paul,

Where have you been? Kinda quiet around here these days. 2.gif

My vet told me last year that he was taking my dog off his list to send out notices about shots. He said then that he might not be with us long. We have a Golden that is now 12 yrs old. Still fighting a bad case of Malassezia.

Finally finding a good food for him has helped a lot.

Marvel

• 1 month later...

----------------

On 6/14/2005 6:38:54 PM ben. wrote:

Jeff, the drool and stank don't really bother me, but you are right about the vacations.

Wait til the baby comes, though. You'll find out about all of the above!

----------------

You can "store" tikes at their grand parent's place easier than you can store a dog.

Well... at least I hope...

True, although the results are more critical. We came back from a vacation to find Miles' hair cut for the first time. Crooked.

We were more upset than the time we picked up the dog from the kennel with a bum that looked like it belonged on a baboon, it was so red.