Guess what's in the crate!

Parrot

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are quite beautiful examples. WAF was excellent at first sight. The cats are declawed in their front paws.

It was a little nervewracking getting the crate off the truck. We used a heavy duty ladder as a makeshift ramp. Testicles are intact.

Unfortunately my friend was late for an important appointment and I had to leave everything in his garage for several hours before going back and opening the crate and transferring them to my minivan. Then getting them up the icy steps at home was also a bit stressing. But no problems at all.

I'll hook them up tomorrow when everyone's gone. Don't want to scare them tonight.

They'll photograph better with sunlight.

Beautiful! Enjoy them in good health.

If you don't mind, what is your setup? And what did you have previous to these Belles?

Please leave listning impressions and more pics. I for one am interested.

When I get new digs, I'll upgrade from my Heresys and the Belles might certainly be one way to go. Not that there is anything wrong with the Heresys. They sing to me every day.

Doing the speaker thing IS stressful.

It would have been depressing to see the look on my face when we found out there was NOT enough room to get the side door of the van closed after loading up the Klipschorns. We tied it off, and then proceeded to drive 4 hours with the door half open in rainy, 30 degree weather. A wonderful trip home -- freezing to death, with the sound of visqueen flapping in my ears for half a day.

The vision is beautiful though. There is nothing worse than the realization that what was once CLOSED will now be OPEN and the weather is cackling with glee at the idea. OF course, when this happens, you always have a multi-hour journey ahead. Just be thankful you werent having to HOLD THE DOOR HALF CLOSED...

kh

----------------

On 1/19/2004 8:35:41 PM paulparrot wrote:

The screws were crazy tight and three inches long. These battery powered screwdrivers didn't have enough torque to move them until they were two inches out.

crateo002.jpg"
----------------

Get a Dewalt 18V and you won't have those problems. 9.gif

I had to work today and just got home--great to see the Belles made it to Paul's pad safe and sound.

The crate was built by Dick Gates of Gateway Crating and Packaging in Portland, Oregon. I think he did a great job and I would recommend his services without hesitation to anyone in the Portland area. We talked about the crate that m00n used for his Belles, but DG added his own suggestions for building this crate. It was really substantial with full 1 x 4" framing all around over 1/2" plywood. The only bad thing was the serious weight as Paul noted. Glad to hear there were no hernias in Ohio--been there myself and it's no fun!

Thanks to Paul for being a total pleasure to work with on this transaction. Hard to believe these things were in Oregon on Friday.

Some folks might be interested in shipping costs--the total cost for shipping was:

$200 for crate and crate delivery to Forward Air

$162.27 for Forward Air Portland, OR to Columbus, OH

$30 for $3000 worth of insurance on Forward Air (10 cents per $100)

Grand total for shipping $392.27

Yeah, we probably could have done it for less, but we wanted to make the transport as low risk as possible. I think it was worth it!

Best in horns,

triceratops

Get a Dewalt 18V and you won't have those problems.
9.gif

----------------

Tom,

Hey another Dewalt man ! Nice tools I have 18V every tool they offer ! The batteries are the real pain thay sure are not cheap to replace.

Paul,

Them look great !!

Craig

----------------

On 1/20/2004 12:15:30 AM NOSValves wrote:

Get a Dewalt 18V and you won't have those problems.
9.gif"

----------------

Tom,

Hey another Dewalt man ! Nice tools I have 18V every tool they offer ! The batteries are the real pain thay sure are not cheap to replace.

Craig

----------------

No, but they are the best on the market and they definitely have the most torque. I used to be a Mikita guy until Dewalt came out with their 18V.

----------------

On 1/19/2004 11:25:41 PM Woodog wrote:

I really think Belles are the most beautiful of all of Klipsch speakers. Congrats on those!

Enjoy!

Woo
----------------

I agree. Those are some beautiful speakers!

If only I weren't so dead set on Khorns down the road.

Paul

good show! Nice speakers!!

My cats left a lot of fur in the back of my Khorns until I built the dedicated music room. They don't go out there..

When they were in the main living room they certainly twitched out with the music on!

Happy listening!

Steve

Triceratops was most excellent to deal with. He kept me informed every step of the way, went to a lot of effort to get a quality packer (skipping the people who figured wrapping a thin layer of cardboard around them would do the trick), and told me some great stories of his Klipsch purchases. It was a real pleasure. And a pretty amazing thing, really, that one can feel completely comfortable sending that kind of money to someone across the country you know only from the Klipsch forum.

Triceratops also included some custom-made plexiglas top covers for the Belles, which I'm not going to use right now but which will come in handy during parties. Hard to keep plates and drinks off such appealing surfaces.

Thanks for your psots regarding my kit amp purchase. Started undoing the 46 year old Heathkit last nite -- oh the smell of solder and the occasional "smoke in the eyes" really brings me back a few years.

Are you at work? I would be thinking you should be cranking up those twins about now!!! How can you not wait?

Brap