Why ARE you here? A/S/L

From an earlier post... If anyone knows how to do one of those bravenet(?) maps when you can put a push pin in it too. Would be cool to see where everyone is from in here.

1) Why am I here?

I come to learn about stereo audio speakers/ HT/ and general audio and help people and share ideas.

2) 42/ Male/ Indianapolis,Indiana. USA

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am here to learn about all Klipsch and converse with other Tubephiles and there are alot of great people here that will answer your questions and help you out, not too mention i have had most of my services done here, crossover upgrades, amp upgrades and lots of recommendations on hardware.

Male 23 years old in The Colony, Tx which is a suburb of Dallas.

----------------

On 3/1/2004 4:52:49 PM BackBurner wrote:

I'm just finishing off a paper on the habits of the mental disturbed male.

Figured an audio forum was as good a place as any to observe these habits.
2.gif
----------------

I love being observed ! It usually results in a straight jacket for the observer 2.gif

I used to get drunk allot, race cars, and pick fights in bars with guys 6 inches taller than me. I learned all of my dance steps from John Belushi.

-I learned to like hangovers less and less

-2 baby seats looked stupid in the back of my Mustang GT

-I do not heal up as well as I used to; from the fights and the dancing.

Now I am an upgrade obsessed audio geek who picks fights with guys who run $ 100 DVD players into 100 watt SS amps with horn speakers and wonder why the sound is shrill.

I try to learn and prevent people from making the same expensive Digital, HT and SS mistakes I have made in the past 7 years.

I still enjoy an occassional hangover and the fuel injected V-8 302 is in my full size Ford van (YUCK).

I live in Livonia, Michigan about 20 miles west of Detroit.

I am here to read more than post for the time being as I still have a lot to learn. I have been on a total replacement binge since I bought my LaScalas, now everything is tubes!

47 Horseheads, NY 15 minutes over the hill from Watkins Glen International. Any Nascar fans that need a place to camp and party for race weekend send me a message!

Jolida JD100 RCA Command Series 5751s

Audio Experience Symphonies + pre-amp Telefunken 12ax7s

Van Alstine Super 70 Svet Pearl Cryo EL=34s, Mullard Rectifier, GE drivers

Dynaco Mark 3s

I'm here because in the 70's I received my first dose of stereo, administered via four Cerwin Vegas. The system left an ever lasting impression on me. I now have more refined taste and need to receive my doses via Klipsch horns. I've lived just about everywhere, but have been in Houston for about 15 years now. Just turned 40..... Brad

Why am I here? The ultimate question, yes. Why are any of us here?

I guess I've come to this forum to spread the good word that Eddie Rabbitt is the most underrated and influential musical artist of all time. Oh, him and "The Captain" (and Tennile).

I'm 48, Media Male (add $1.30 for insurance), and I live in The Friendly City.

I love a rainy night, and participate in muskrat love. There, I've said it.

Why am I hear, well, i started nearly 4 years ago when i had a problem with my ProMedia set. After spending time on here, I found a good community of people that had a simliar interest in audio and technology as I had. I learned a lot here, but at the same time, it is fun to try to give some of that knowldege back.

I am a 34 year old male software engineer, and as of today, it was exactly 11 years I have been working at that same company. Just look at my sig as to where I am at.

And as you guys can guess from my avatar, I am a proud member of the ski patrol up at Massanutten here in Virginia. I have been skiing for 23 years.

I like all things to do with sound...I am 46 years old,,,feel like 25 sometimes..lol.. and have had same phone number for 46 years....have had my LaScalas for 24 years,got three boys 16,16,20 and live in Belton,mo just south of KC,MO9.gif

Male

Athens, Greece.

Here because I had to replace sex with something.

Kids! - who knew? Only happy when she is sleeping between us.

(side note : It seems that when I tell people I am into vinyl they get entirely the wrnog impression - must refer to vinyl records in future.)

1. to learn more about Klipsch speakers, even though I've had Heresys, Cornwalls and Khorns for over 25 years

2. 47, still doing 20 something hobbies like riding motocross, beerathons and waving my freakflag..all from the metropolis of Yakutat, Alaska!

Steve

I here to spend more money in the right area. My first purchase with my lawn mowing money at 13 was a Fisher 100wpc receiver and a pair of Cerwin Vegas speakers.

It has been all uphill since. Way too much money spent and nowhere to put all the gear.

41 - Tampa, Fl

Dirtbike riding 99 250CR

Fishing 2002 Proline 23Walk

Golf - 95 average, dam game

Raquetball

I found the forum while researching to setup a remodeled room for my Khorns & LaS, upgrade the Klipsch center channel I had, & purchase surround speakers. Eight more Klipsch speakers & three tube amps later, I'm dependent upon the forum to maintain it all. 53, M, Eighty miles from Hope.

SSH

I'm here cause I have always had a love for good music and good sounding music...

In 1992 I bought my first real Hi-Fi system. A Yamaha RX-V660 and a Yamaha CDC-990. When looking for speakers at the former Audio King (Ultimate Electronics), I auditioned quite a few types, but the big Klisches are what made the hair stand on my arms. I had never heard a sound quite like this(horns). All I could afford were the KG 4.2's so that is what I bought. I lived with this system for the next 10 yrs. Once I started making some real money 2.gif I thought about upgrading the whole system. Did some research about speakers and learned that you need at least a 15" driver to accurately reproduce the correct weight of all musical instruments. I also learned that Horns love Tubes. Needless to say in the past year I have sold the Yamaha stuff and the 4.2's and purchased a Marantz 8b, McIntosh C22, McIntosh MC30's, '76 Klipsch Cornwalls & Marantz DV8400.6.gif I am looking to purchase a nice TT and possibly a pair of La Scala's soon too.3.gif I am very satisfied with the sound of my system now and only hope it can better with the addition of a TT and the La Scala's. I rarely watch television and primarily listen to music while at home. Beatles, Stones, Dylan, etc, etc. I am 32 and in Mpls, MN.