Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

And here's kinda what it looks like when the projector is throwing an image on my 102" Carada screen. Oh - those are vertical horn Cornwalls for mains with a Heresy center. The sides and rear surrounds are Heresy's as well. The rope lights under the stage toe-kick (which you can't see because I'm a crappy photographer), the cans in the ceiling, and the wall sconces are all on separate IR dimmers that are capable of storing 5 different scenes. One push of the Harmony 880 and the lights dim down to preset levels. The Harmony also controls all the equipment via IR. There's an IR reciever hidden in the Heresy center channel's riser base. Pretty cool room if I must say so myself. The next owner of this house should be plenty happy. [:(]

post-4338-13819318031912_thumb.jpg

Mike, I noticed that you have the RF-5's for your front mains. I currently have the RB-75's (which are the bookshelf version of the RF-7's) as my main speakers, and have them on 42" Sanus Steel Foundation speaker stands. I gave some serious thought into going with the RF-5's, but since the RB-75's have the same tweeter as the RC-7 Center Channel does, I decided to go with the bookshelf speakers. Whats your opinion of the RF-5's, and can you tell a difference in the soundstage with the RF-5's 1"tweeter vrs. the RC-7 Center's 1.75" tweeter? Im very happy with my RB-75's and as far as bass goes, I have an SVS PB12/Plus2 which is a freakin beast! So I dont lack bass by a long shot, but, just wondered what the difference is as far as sound quality between the RB-75's and RF-5's? Any input would be nice! Thanks, Nathometheatre

I am verry happy with the rf5, total different speaker as rf3. Much much more refined. In comparison with the rf7 i founded the rf7's a little bit too boomy sounding. The rf5 was in my opiniun better then the the rf7. I can hear no difference between the tweeter of the rc7 and the tweeter of the rf5!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ya'all, hope you all had a great Xmas. As promised, I got my new camera for Xmas and I am still playing with it(first pics today! It is a Canon S3IS, so if anyone knows what settings to use for screen shots please let me know.

Anyway, my HT is more function than form, its soundblocked and has very nice accoustics with heavy black cloth walls and ceilings. (it looks better in person than in the pics, like me, LOL). Almost finished upgrading gear, a nice 200-300 wpc amp is next and then some much needed HT leather seating. Here goes.....

Posted Image

How do you like your RB-75's as your front main speakers? I have the same set up for my sound stage and love it! What surround speakers are you using (if any). That Velodyne is pretty nice too! Im currently using an SVS PB12/Plus2, and it really blends well with my RB-75's & RC-7! I don't see the need for tower speakers after hearing this set up! Do you?

How do you like your RB-75's as your front main speakers? I have the same set up for my sound stage and love it! What surround speakers are you using (if any). That Velodyne is pretty nice too! Im currently using an SVS PB12/Plus2, and it really blends well with my RB-75's & RC-7! I don't see the need for tower speakers after hearing this set up! Do you?

nat,

i really really like my rb-75s and given my small living space i don't think i need to go any bigger.  i have never heard the rf-7s and am not sure if i want to at this point. i really don't have space for them yet. :)  i am curious though how much of a difference it would make since the rb-75s and rf-7 have the same horn. my sub definitely takes care of the low end just fine.  i'm guessing the midrange might be slighty better.  anybody know?

right now i have sh** sony cube speakers and haven't invested in nice surrounds.  maybe one day i'll get the rf-7 and move my rb-75s to the back.

i've heard really great things about svs.  if i hadn't bought a velodyne i would definitely consider svs.  that pb12/plus 2 must be a beast.

thanks

jrios,

One thing i like about the RB-75's is that I have mine on 42" Sanus steel foundation stands, and since my center channel (RC-7) sits atop my entertainment center (about 5 1/2 feet high), my RB-75's are closer in height to my RC-7 which provides a more seamless sound stage. Your right though, the RF-7's do handle the mid range and about 35Hz-40Hz range better than the Bookshelfs do. But with a really nice and musical sub (like the PB12/Plus2), I just used the AVIA calibration disk for Home Theatre along with Radio Shacks analog SPL, and dialed in my sub right where my RB-75's start to roll off (about 50Hz although Klipsch says they will play down to 42Hz) and honestly I can't tell where the sub picks up and the RB-75's roll off! It's pretty seamless from 20Hz - 20Khz (when I run a sweep test).

Some believe that bookshelf speakers (or Monitors) sound better in the midrange to Hi range area (all depending on the room size ofcourse), and I have to agree! I did test the RF-7's next to the RB-75's, and with a sub as powerful as your Velodyne and my SVS, I really think there is too much overkill in the bass department. My personal taste is either let the Floor Stander RF-7's provide most of the bass and set your sub's X-over @ its lowest setting so there's not bass overkill with the RF-7's or, do like what you and I are trying to achieve and set your subs X-over (via the receiver, not the subs X-over on the back. Just bypass and use the amps X-over if applicable) @ 60Hz and set all speakers to small. This is what I did when I calibrated my system with the AVIA test kit, and it made major improvements!! Im not planning on changing a thing unless when SVS finally gets their MTS line of speakers in production I might check those out and possibly replace my existing Klipsch speakers, but their going to have to sound D*#! good for me to make that change!

Also, have you considered keeping your RB-75's as your mains and buying a pair of Klipsch RS-7's? If not, you should! They freakin sound excellent, and add alot more deminsion to your rear sound stage than a directional speaker like the RB-75's will do! I actually have a 7.1 system using the RS-7's as my side speakers with a pair of RB-25's as my rear speakers. I know this sounds like a contradiction to a sort, but when using them (the rs-7's) as side speakers, they blend the rear sound stage in so well, that it makes the whole room sound 3 deminsional. Otherwise, in a 5.1 system, I would just have a pair of RS-7's as my rear speakers. Anyway, I kinda got off subject since this is the "Lets See Your Home Theatre" thread, but nice talking with you and good luck with your home theatre! Nathometheatre

• dtel pinned this topic