Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

easy...they don't blend.... As expected, the RC3 struggles to keep up with the C1s, but, I mainly use the system for 2 channel so i'm not too critical about the center channel. To be honest, i was suprised how well the system does when watching a movies. Naturally, when calibrating the channels with constant pitch sounds, you really hear the tonal imbalance between the speakers, but due to the dynamical nature of movie tracks its not really bothersome [to me]. Will i move the RF3s back to get that tonal balance? HECK NO! I really have enjoyed the C1s when listening to classical music, the rich midtones really are leaps and bounds above the RF3s (my major complaint of the RF3s) and have even more detail at the higher freqs (but one should demand some improvement at nearly 10x the price)

-DrPyro

DrPyro,

Congratulations,with the Dynaudio Confidence C1's,you have some very serious monitors! I have a good few Dynaudio speakers at home and once you go with the Confidence series it will be hard to come back down.

Revealing,coloration free and explosive dynamics is how I would describe these.Simply no character of its own.

TheEar-

They are wonderful monitors, infact, i'm constantly amazed at the size of the soundstage that these little speakers put out. Your past praise of the dyns in this forum made me want to go and listen to them as i was on a search for some better speakers. I don't know how many times i listened to the C1s and other dynes in numerous stores with a wide variety of sources, i even brought my CDP in one time to listen. To be honest, nothing below the confidence level screamed BUY ME, and even then sometimes they didn't sound good (bad room or poorly mated electronics). I believe that the key in the confidence line was the Esotar2 tweeter. Anyways, I found that when paired with an Accuphase integrated i didn't enjoy the sound as they seemed to suck the life and dynamics out of the C1s, the Arye integrated was only so so (really bad room reflections at this dealer), but the combination of a Jeff Rowland (Concerto pre/pro and a 312 amp) really made the dyns sing. I was never able to find a Simaudio/Dyne dealer to listen to that praised combination... Naturally, the downfall of of the speaker is price, one can argue that the preformance to price ratio on a Klipsch speaker is better, but to each his own.....

Cheers....
-DrPyro

PS: I have been thinking about a new center (but i'm not super picky about movie stuff, until i get HDDVD or BlueRay capability), would you recomend saving a few $ and get the Contour S CX or Contour S C or just pay the $6k and get a Confidence Center? Thanks...

Dr Pyro,

The whole Dynaudio range performs well,at its price point of course. Even the tiny Audience 42 is a very good performer and will make people wonder where larger speakers are hidden.A matter of proper matching.I use SimAudio and Krell amps with my Dynes,all I can say is...a musical delight. Right now I am listening to Contour 1.1's driven by my old and trusty SimAudio Celeste 4070 power amp.Music all the music right here with me,I like to listen to well recorded acoustic guitar and ...it is a joy on this PC audio system.

Moving on up to my Dynaudio Contour S5.4 driven my SimAudio Moon W5 ...here the need of a subwofer is almost eliminated,in any case dual JL Audio Fathom f113 subs fill in 40Hz down.A true full range wonder.You can spend the whole day listening and never tire,even at high SPL! Right now my latest crazy purchase will be Dynaudio Confidence 4 and I will use my Krell FPB600. The road started 14 years ago when I first heard diminutive Totem bookshelfs driven by the classic cube Pass Aleph amp singing.What a road it has been.

Great looking setup Dr Pyro. If you even need a sub...you must audition and test at home JL's latest subs.These are so far the best compact subs I have ever owned and heard! Did I say Dyneaudio and JL Audio make for a killer combination?

I will most likely go with the RS-62 surrounds, but I want to research the surround market first before making that purchase. Also I may move within a year or two, so that may change my room setup. I am kind of in a holding period right now. Have to say though that I am very impressed by the speakers. For the $ this system can clearly shake the entire "three flat" building here in the city. Luckily I have some cool neighbors, for now.

I hear you on the neighbor thing. both of mine are really "patient" with me right now, but one of them is moving soon. So hopefully my new neighbor will be as patient. The RS-62's should go quite well with your current setup. I can't wait til I can upgrade my speakers!!

• dtel pinned this topic