Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

OK, so..... Here is my Living Room/ Home Theater. Yes; that is my self built super computer running the music and 1080p video..... (Last year's Sharp Aquos 52")

I am envious of all of you home owners with dedicated rooms; but I think this is the best an apartment living room can get in such a small space.......

Nice room, reminds me of my first setup in my old house, So don't feel evious, that is all I had in my own house. I feel envious of you for have building a super computer to run it all, that is something I wish to have one day.

OK, so..... Here is my Living Room/ Home Theater. Yes; that is my self built super computer running the music and 1080p video..... (Last year's Sharp Aquos 52")

I am envious of all of you home owners with dedicated rooms; but I think this is the best an apartment living room can get in such a small space.......

Nice room, reminds me of my first setup in my old house, So don't feel evious, that is all I had in my own house. I feel envious of you for have building a super computer to run it all, that is something I wish to have one day.

FWIW, the computer is now a year old.... No longer the latest and greatest.... but still runs very nice and smooth.

You could do so even from a laptop with a video out (would not be 1080; but still pretty nice) and a decent usb sound card.....

Nice room, reminds me of my first setup in my old house, So don't feel evious, that is all I had in my own house.

I see some of the monster HT setups here....

They are GORGEOUS..... Proper theater seating and everything......

Truthfully, I am happy with the hardware; (I love the Heresies and the sub.....)

I just wish we had more room......

(We are making progress towards a home instead of an apt.... I am patient.... [:)] )

• Moderators

I am intrigued by the Osprey Tension Dual has twin motors and screens to accommodate the 16:9
HDTV and 2.351 Cinemascope aspect ratios in one front projection
screen
but the MSRP is $2000!

Yeah, when you get into motorized masking screens, you better pad the budget. They get pricey. Once the movie starts, on 16:9 movies, you don't notice the side bars. I can handle side bars, I just didn't want bars on top and bottom so I went with the cinescope screen. I wanted to experience the same envelopement that you do in the theater with the cinescope screen. If I had a slightly wider room, I would have loved to go with the 120" screen. :)

Youthman, that is really gorgeous! But I see why I couldn't find it... it's a fixed screen, which is really the way to go for real HT. I am looking for a motorized drop down screen and I don't think I'll ever get the same quality as you without spending a forture (which I won't). I watch mostly TV and so want a 63 to 65-inch plasma for that, and a drop-down screen for the weekly movie. I planned on a 2.35:1 format because I don't have a lot of height anyway, but they seem to be rare in the drop-down variety.

• Moderators

Thanks for the kind words. I'm not familiar with the motorized screens. Since mine is in a dedicated theater room, I didn't have a need for the screen to be retracted. I did consider doing a plasma behind it for TV but we don't even have cable so that would be a waste for us. We watch "TV" in the theatre room maybe 5 times a year. The only real TV we have is in our girls room and they only use it to watch DVD's. Best wishes in your search. Be sure to ask around in the AVS forum. They were a tremendous help to me during my HT Build.

Hello gang! Well, I must say, its been a real HOOT seeing your `raw' basement theaters [Y] You know, contrete has some natual sound absortive qualities that can help with reflections I'm sure!

Well, for those that I have not met yet, or, have seen before, I decided to take some NEW photos of the 'Longfellow Music and Movie House Theatre' to post... These are were photographed on the dark side for added effect and to let the screen be seen without over exposure at the same time...

Enjoy (O:

post-23544-13819618903632_thumb.jpg

post-23544-13819622425316_thumb.jpg

..........and a stage RIGHT view of same.... This room features full 7.1 (Master Audio / True HD) (still the only and current discrete multi-channel format I know of thus far) with all 7 drivers from the same company aside for the F1500r Velodyne [;)] and completely hidden from view 'cpt surrounds.

.......Gary

I'll send the shot from the music room next, good old school tubes and K'horns! (you may have seen before also)

post-23544-13819618906922_thumb.jpg

post-23544-13819622427738_thumb.jpg

Here then, and finally, the ol TWO CHANNEL 'theater' if you will.........but used more for critical listening to LP and R t R formats.... New Panasonic multi-disk player waiting to be installed in 'entertainment' center [:)] (Elite DV-79 avi)

All from here for now.

...........G

post-23544-13819618908022_thumb.jpg

post-23544-13819622428538_thumb.jpg

..........and a stage RIGHT view of same.... This room features full 7.1 (Master Audio / True HD) (still the only and current discrete multi-channel format I know of thus far) with all 7 drivers from the same company aside for the F1500r Velodyne Wink and completely hidden from view 'cpt surrounds.

.......Gary

I'll send the shot from the music room next, good old school tubes and K'horns! (you may have seen before also)

I've seen and been in better

..........and a stage RIGHT view of same.... This room features full 7.1 (Master Audio / True HD) (still the only and current discrete multi-channel format I know of thus far) with all 7 drivers from the same company aside for the F1500r Velodyne Wink and completely hidden from view 'cpt surrounds.

.......Gary

What's behind the curtain?

I have some Khorns with Dynaco MKIII's too, just never seen the pre-amp. I use an Advent A350-the sucessor to to the A300 w/ the same Apt-Holman Phono Pre Amp.

Nice work!

Bill

• dtel pinned this topic