Forums come and go,

they usually have a stretch which is later seen as the golden age, then they die and the corpse keeps limping along while its own history is soon forgotten. I have seen several come and go and rarely do they ever "come back". Like the "century plant" and other things of nature, they "bloom", then exhausted from the big event they wilt and die, and that is really the end. Sure there are always a few kids who keep the memory of Elvis alive, or others who dress like 60s dead heads, and others who devote themselves to Civil War re-enactments.....like here.

When you think about it, how many people who have hung around here have actually purchased Klipsch products at RETAIL in recent times? Maybe <2%, maybe <5%? Many contributors here do not actually currently own Klipsch. Many here, myself included, used the Klipsch experience (Cornwalls), as a starting point to make a homebrew which would hopefully be an improvement. Not everyone has the corners for Khorns. Since I am not an HT fan, I am not well informed about all the Klipsch products that are used in those systems. I imagine that thlis is the major trend for Klipsch these days. I wonder what percent the revived Heritage line represents at the moment.

The good thing about the combo of the world situation and the aging demographics regarding consumerism is that alot of folks figure they will now splurge because there is a growing anxiety that sometime soon they just might be kissing their own sweet tush goodbye .....Gablooey!

Hey, maybe there is a conspiracy here. hmmmmm, remember right after the big event....... all that advice to just go out and SHOP as usual! Catastrophe might just be good for business? A way to spur the economy. Remember Howard Ruff selling survivalist products? I think I still have a few cans of freeze-dried chicken dinners in the vault, a couple 100# bags of wheat, a hand crank flour mill, and enough vacuum packed wooden matches to light the brick over fire when I become the local bread maker.

It will be interesting to see just how world circumstances ultimately impacts our "business as usual" consumerism. The gods help us.

C&S

POLL: HOW MANY HERE HAVE PURCHASED KLIPSCH RETAIL IN THE LAST 2 YEARS?

I bought my new Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 at Best Buy last year, does that count?

My dad bought the Cornwalls I now enjoy brand new back in '79 (that's a little more than 2 years ago, isn't it?).

My brothers both bought Klipsch loudspeakers this year, but they were used, discontinued models on eBay, so they don't count.

If I had a great paying job like I used to, I would've saved up for some Klipschorns...oh well.

In last 3 years:

KLF30 (50% discount as RF7s had been introduced )

ProMedia 2.1

From a purely commercial POV the forums greatest value to Klipsch is likely not in the sales Klipsch dealers make to forum members but rather in the referrals that forum members generate.

In addition the forum helps reinforce and sustain the loyalty of members which leads to additional sales and referrals. The cost of providing the forum is minimal given that the corporation already has a LAN/WAN intranet infrastructure and therefore needs only to add a server for forum use ( It doesn't even have to be a dedicated unit for that matter ). The moderators one may be sure have other roles within the company and therefore the cost of their services ( but not the value ) would be minimal.

All in all the forum is a very cost effective adjunct to the Klipsch marketing strategy and I suspect will continue to operate unless the tenor of the posts becomes such that Klipsch feels that its image is in jeopardy.

I hope that the departing members will reconsider but with them or without them the forum will continue.

Within the last 5 years, I have purchsaed 10 speakers including the complete Reference 7 pachage with an RSW-15. Prior to that time frame, I purchased 8 Klipsch speakers at retail. I always got a discount of at least 10%, some times quite a bit higher discount from formerly authorized dealers (magnolia). Obviously, the home theater phenomenon is the best thing that has happened to the speaker business.

Speaker brands come and go. Klipsch just keeps its original values (bang for the buck) and changes with the times. Klipsch has succesfully survived major changes in the speaker business and the global economy, unlike the many speaker manufacturers that have gone out of business. What is truly amazing about Klipsch is that they continue to manufacture the Heritage line.

The klipsch forum is a reflection of the Klipsch philosophy and values. If the forum through its members reflects poorly on the brand and its management, then corrective action seems warranted.

Bill

Spot on Lynn. Cost effective, reduces the expense of customer service, and referrals are sure to generate considerable additional sales. Got a friend I turned onto Klispch shopping for a set right now. Me, I'm saving for a pair of new LaScala's.

In the last year just the Prommedia 2.1, Klipsch monster cables direct from Klipsch and a new Tweeter for KG 3.5 whcih by the way were purchased new retail from an authorized dealer in 1996.

I cannot even recall if I joined the forum first or got my Khorns before, but I definitely changed my amps (actually more than one 9.gif ) and bought a set of Heresy for my study. I wouldn't mind more Klipsch speakers, but lack of space seems to rule out further purchases....though the bedroom could do with some smallish units.......mhhhhhhhh?! 9.gif

Wolfram

In recent years, I've bought the items below from retailers:

RF-3's Mains

RC-3 Center

RS-3 Surrounds

KSW-12 Sub

2 Quintet Speakers

Heritage Quartets (used, but through an authorized Klipsch dealer)

Promedia 2.1

I feel that forum members are very valuable to the company, as we continually recommend Klipsch products to family members, friends and co-workers. Many who would not have bought their products, because they don't frequent specalized audio stores. We do an admiral job of keeping name recognition alive too!