Wife wants me to adopt new way of thinking

mandi

I think I have heard this in a song but after my latest purchase of LaScalas my wife has told me "NO MORE", I then proceeded to tell her how the house would sound with Horns. Her response "Learn to love what you got instead of trying to get what you want" Isn't there a song that talks about wanting what you got instead of trying to get what you want. So we compromised and I told her I would wait on the Horns until the next house but I did want a new Denon 3805. If I save all my lawn mowing money, I should be able to get this by the end of the summer.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you get what you need?

If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with?

You worry too much, you make yourself sad, you cant change fate, but dont feel so bad

Enjoy it while you can, its just like the weather, so quit complaining brother, no one lives forever?

Nah, that's not it.

"I dont' want a pickle, just want to ride my (Khorn) motorcycle. Hey I don't want to dieeee, just want to ride my (Khorn) motorbikeee!-Arlo Guthrie

Come on you Weenie. Take a stand. You want the K's go get'em. It's just the litle woman standing in your way. Be a man, show her what your made of.

PS. Dear Mrs. Mandi, please notify when the services will be held. I hear the court case is going well. 10 women to 2 men on the jury-excellent!

Tell her you could have spent money on other women, booze, or drugs....

But you choose to make beautiful stereo music reproduced in your house.. Or in the case of a HT setup.. a "movie palace" at home so you can both enjoy movies and be able to sit by eachother and cuddle in private!! And no, that does not include all chick flicks all the time too...LOL.

If you let her wear the pants now...I fear what happens to you later!

Remember, Godiva Chocolates and Diamonds also work!!

I missed a set of LaScala's in Little Rock Wednesday. Someone was on their way to get them when i called. I told the wife and thought she was going through the roof. She said if i get more speakers i will get a Divorce also.

Did anyone here get them? They only wanted $600 for them. Bill

When I told my wife I wanted to buy a brand new pair of Klipschorns, she said; "That's nice dear, what colour are you going to get?" I also told her I want to upgrade my tube amplifier to match the Khorns. She said; "Okay. As long as you're happy with what you buy". I even took her with me to audition a number of speakers to make sure my choice was the right one. My wife said she preferred the sound of the horns; "...they sound so much nicer than those other ones...". So I don't know why you guys have so many problems with the other half...Maybe I'm just lucky.

You might try buying her something. My wife is wonderfull, if I buy something, I buy something for her. We could be in an electrocics store, I will spend say $600 on me, she wants a DVD or two and calls it even! As long as the bills are paid she UASUALLY goes along with it. When she objects strongly though she is nearly always right and we couldn't really afford whatever. I have learned to trust her that way over my reall WANTS2.gif

Something that works well for us:

We keep an Excel spreadsheet (just hear me out) with 3 fields, "Item", "Priority", "Cost". Whenever either one of us wants something, we never ever say No, we just put it on the list and decide what priority it is in relation to everything else. So for example after we buy the lot to build our house on I get a new pre/pro, after I buy Khorns she gets a piano, etc. Its good to have a plan - you just have to be fair as far as who gets what and when.

I've bragged before about my wife, but I'll do it again. 1.gif

Not only is my SO supportive about my A/V habit (and motorcycles), all too often I'll mention something to her about a particular pre/pro or amp or projector or whatever. A couple of days later I'll bring it up again and start to talk in specifics and 9 times outta 10, the response I get is:

"Yeah, I know about that. After you mentioned it the other day I went on-line and read up on it."

She's not into the stuff like I am, but does take an interest in it and, more importantly, enjoys the outcome.

OTOH, I have a good friend with a serious motorcycle habit. Something like 58 bikes in the last 30+ years of riding. His wife (a psychcologist) told me once that she knew that motorcycles were Randy's passion, it's who he is and she knew it when she married him. Therefore, it would be unfair for her to ask him to stop or change. However, they did reach a compromise in that she would get some jewelry or furniture in turn for his bike buying/dealing. And I can assure you guys that Sue has some damn nice rings and a house full of some very nice furniture!! 9.gif

Tom

Right on Tom, that's the way to go.

All too often I talk to married guys who's wives have the opinion that furniture and such is worthwhile, but <<fill in hobby>> is a waste of money so it will never happen regardless of what else is bought. In my case it helps us comprimise because I like nice furniture and such too, so really I win no matter what.