R.I.P. Rodney Dangerfield

m00n

He`ll get plenty of respect. Just a funny comedian. To get the full effect of Rodney, buy one of his albums. The guy was just a non stop barrage of one liners.

When he got his second career in the `70`s it was unique at the time. What a funny guy. If the younger crowd here has not seen Caddy Shack, see it.

A very funny movie.

Rodney (82) was one of my late dad's favorites. I enjoyed him, too.

"My wife, my wife, she's a two bagger:

You wear a bag over your head just in case the one over hers breaks!" LOL!

He'll be missed. - That's "two": Janet Leigh passed away on Sunday (77). God bless 'em both.

WOW......that's too bad.15.gif

I remember seeing him on some shows and laughing so hard that I missed probably 30% of the jokes he told.

Man-oh-man....I can't believe it. I just saw him maybe 4 weeks ago on the Fox News morning show. They were asking him about his comedy style and the difference between his and the current crop of comedians. He commented that most of today's stand up comics use a lot of lead-in commentary to set up their jokes. So consequently, they only tell maybe 25 or so jokes in an hour routine. He said he once told over 300 jokes in one 1 hour gig. That's an awesome memory.

I think that sound I hear is not thunder, but a bunch of angels rolling on the floor laughing. 9.gif

Tom

Rodney was at his best on the Carson show in 5 min all-out bursts. So good you thought you'd die.

"My kid. He really has it in for me. Last week he stuck Crazy Glue in my Preperation H."

"So I get into a cab and the cabbie asks me if I have any naked pictures of my wife. I tell him "no!" and he asks me if I wanna buy some."

RIM SHOT!

I saw Rodney "live" in his little NY Club. It was early 70s I think. The cover/minimum was heavy for college kids and there was no guarantee he would actually show up. Two singers later my brother returns from the bathroom yellin hes here hes here. Rodney was there and the show was no less than spectacular. All five of us laughed our butts off. He was a bit blue, compared to TV, but not foul and always funny.

The other day I went out and bought a cemetery plot. The guy takes my money and says, there goes the neighborhood. I tell ya, I get no respect

God bless Rodney I loved the guy!