Poll: Who really cares about strict adherence to a forum's "On Topic" content?

ben.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The antichrist shot the president

The tweaker shot the speed

Titanic ate the iceberg

And the hippies smoked all the weed

The CIA overthrew the goverment

And overthrew it twice

The preacher got a hooker

And he blamed it on the antichrist.

The dogs ate all the milkbones

The cars ate all the gas

The drunkard drank the bottle

And then he killed off the flask

McDonalds ate the rainforests

And the mailman shot his boss

They all looked over to Jesus

And they nailed him to a cross

APOCALICIOUS!

The networks ate the intellect

I saw it on the TV news

The sharecropper sang a sad sad song

And the white man swiped the blues

The seven headed monster rose from the sea

And my eyes burned through my face

The rich man bought a rocket ship

And colonized outer space

You can't stop the liars

With elections and petitions

There is no solution

For the inhuman condition

I just got back from a Set Decorators Society of America meeting over at Paramount. Was surprised to see the lot so empty. I was on the Warner lot just yesterday morning and it was a ZOO! I'm guessing that there has to be a boatload of pilots getting ready to shoot at Paramount in the next couple of months. I ran into Jennifer Gentile who hasn't really worked all that much since she quit CSI last fall (burn out) but she's got a pilot that starts next week and says she'll be in--she says it's a show that's a combination of "The OC" and "E.T." Who wants to bet it doesn't sell?

http://www.setdecorators.org/

I think a film of the life of Roland Kirk would be a tough sell too, but since "Ray" seems to be a big hit maybe someone will roll the dice. Maybe Ice Cube would play Kirk?

Looks like you just missed this one, Gary! But I know where there's one for just about half this price--my buddy Armand has a really nice copy and it's "for sale."

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=306&item=4066633683&rd=1

----------------

On 1/26/2005 11:54:27 PM cmdridq wrote:

I can't decide whether to watch Smallville or Lost, which are in the same time slot here. Which one do you think is more likely to air reruns sooner?

----------------

Lost is better, although they aired a repeat tonight.

Very few of the most enjoyable threads have been on topic for me. Highjacking sometimes works and sometimes doesnt. A good thread can be ruined and a bad one salvaged.

What drives me mad far more often is the analysis of forum and its moderation. We passed through a phase a few months back where is was virtually the sole topic on the board. Thankfully we have passed that - but there is still a little too much gazing at our own navel going on.

Just my $0.02

Thread hijacking, not fair to the thread starter. If I have a MAJOR disagreement with the topic I might start a thread of my own. I have had threads that I really wanted to stay on topic and they took a 90 deg turn by someone who was a LITTLE too touchy about something and then the thread gets closed due to the arguing about the 90 deg turn.15.gif

----------------

On 1/27/2005 3:39:44 AM maxg wrote:

Thankfully we have passed that - but there is still a little too much gazing at our own navel going on.

----------------

I have heard that the British navel was the best in the world. Makes sense to stare at it a bit.

----------------

On 1/27/2005 9:00:59 AM fini wrote:

----------------

On 1/27/2005 3:39:44 AM maxg wrote:

Thankfully we have passed that - but there is still a little too much gazing at our own navel going on.

----------------

I have heard that the British navel was the best in the world. Makes sense to stare at it a bit.

----------------

Not on this forum - they only use one channel!

Additionally - you might want to change your news service - the British navy hasnt been the best in the world since 1944.

you're right....

let's just number the threads - no titles at all

that way the thread can go any direction and we would all have to read every thread on the board to maybe find some information that might be interesting to read

despite the fact that many of us have absolutely no interest in many of the threads on this particular forum

it must be that some people feel the need to post in every thread or something.... if i have no experience in an area - i might read the thread, but i won't waste the time of others by posting irrelevant comments...

if you can't have some common courtesy to at least try to stay on topic, then you must have a different set of ethics than me

• Moderators

I don't have a problem with off topic posts (not political or religious in nature) in the General Questions section only.

This is an audio forum. I realize many of you are friends, or the opposite, and like to have casual conversations. However, we do have 30+ people register per day to find out about audio and post their questions. It is for them that I would like to keep the forums with specific topics on topic.

Thanks!