O.T. Nothing makes you feel old like your 20 year high school reunion notice.

m00n

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little over a year ago was my 20th. Boy, how the nice lookin' girls put it on 6.gif. The school "airhead" put it together so it was interesting.

I was pretty much an unknown because I was not born into a high enough tax bracket7.gif. I do stay in contact with a gal I told I had a crush on back then. She's still a good kid but I'd think twice about getting together with her now.

At my 15th and 20th there was a big aura of one-upsmanship, something I don't need. I got a little ticked that my girlfriend waited in the car because she wasn't feeling well (yea, I bet).

"I say pick an age, and stick with it. Unfortunately, I picked 9."

LOL....the wife & I have this running joke about how old I am (act?).

This year I turned 4! LOL.....

Hey m00n - my 30 year HS reunion was last year and was the first reunion I attended since my 5 year. Since I went to an all boys Catholic HS and am from a pretty small town, a few of the guys I went to HS with I've seen from time-to-time when I've gone back home. However.....

There were several guys that I hadn't seen in literally 30 years. OMG was that weird. Why? Because many of them looked the same with the exception of hair color (gray seemed to be the in style color) and possibly weight.

And then was this one guy that showed up and he had a class of '74 tag on. Several of us were looking at him and saying the same thing, "Who is that? Do you remember him?" There was only 73 guys in my class, so one pretty much knew everyone pretty good. But this guy was a mystery. Finally someone said, "OMG! It's Chris Yochim?? No way - no effing way." This guy was the class salutatory (sp?) and in those days was a 5'10", round spectacle wearing, pale skin, 130lb, book worm dude that we figured might be "not funny ha ha, funny queer". The guy that showed up was a very fit 6'1", tanned skinned, dressed to the T, no glasses, perfect hair, BMW driving, race horse owning guy. There wasn't a conversation that night that didn't include, "Can you believe that's Chris Yochim?" I'm not kidding - it was truly freaky. LOL...a couple of guys asked him what happened and he claimed it was the drugs his company makes (he's a VP with a pharmacuetical comapny).

I'm sure you'll have a similiar experience m00n.1.gif

Tom

----------------

On 2/1/2005 12:58:39 PM Tom Adams wrote:

The guy that showed up was a very fit 6'1", tanned skinned, dressed to the T, no glasses, perfect hair, BMW driving, race horse owning guy. There wasn't a conversation that night that didn't include, "Can you believe that's Chris Yochim?" I'm not kidding - it was truly freaky. LOL...a couple of guys asked him what happened and he claimed it was the drugs his company makes (he's a VP with a pharmacuetical comapny).

Tom

----------------

Tom,

Please send ASAP information on that drug. And a prescription.

----------------

On 2/1/2005 12:58:39 PM Tom Adams wrote:

"he claimed it was the drugs his company makes (he's a VP with a pharmacuetical comapny)."

Tom

----------------

Psssst..... hey buddy...... ya know how a kid like me might go about obtaining

some of that substance. I promise I won't abuse it. 12.gif

Edit: Party at Fini's house

Went to my 10th, not much change, except the girls were better looking and most guys were balding. I tried to get my wife to go to my 20th since I was working out of state at the time. For some reason she wouldn't. My 30th will be next year if we have one.

I haven't heard from AARP yet.

My 25th would have been last year, had there been one.

Out of the blue, my best friend from high school called me 2 weeks ago, 9:30 on a friday night, hadn't spoken to him since a couple months after my first wedding, at which he was best man. That was in 1983-4. Seems we'd both been wondering about each other from time to time, but over the years and the distance, weren't sure where either one was.

He thought I still lived in MN, some small town, did a net white pages search, called the first one that lived in a town the name of which he didn't recognize, and PRESTO! it was me!! Talked for almost 3 hours. Exchanged a few emails since, sounds like he and his wife might come up to the lake for a mini vacation this summer. Asked about not hearing about any reunions since 1979, he said there hadn't been any!! Not sure what's up with that, maybe the people in charge did one too many little purple pills back in the 70's! 6.gif

I'd go if I were you, m00n, would be cool to see how everyone turned out once they got a real life. Assuming they did.

I haven't ever made it to one of my HS reunions. It just never worked out. My 40th will be it two more years, and I would like to go. Becaue of where my wife and I live, I have been to three of hers (in the last ten years). We have had a great time. Everyone is past the one upsmanship that goes on when you are younger. Well, most are past it. I hope I can make mine then.

Marvel

As a former DJ I want to shed some light on reunions... I have done a lot of them, and helped coordinate them too. OK, just my thoughts.. but over the years seem to be very true.

HS

5 year..

Nothing much has heppened... yet.

Those that went to college, just got out. They are just getting started, semi broke, and trying to fit in. They are looking for a singles lifestyle extension of college... Filled with successful college grads a few years ahead of them.

Those that did not go to college have more "stuff"... Including in a lot of cases, already started families. They feel broke but hopefully out of the apartment and into their first homes.

10 year..

You start to see the differences of the paths of both sides and people starting to settle down too. Although your there to prove your the one that made it..LOL.. The one upmanship is at the peak. If you were a dud in HS and trurned your life around, this is where you show off. If you were a studd/ cutie and never did anything else, this is also where others see it too. Sadley, this is the crossraods of how many feel about themselves later after HS. You either accept it for what it, and you were.... and move on, or maybe never look back again. Think jerry Springer/Oprah look at me now makeovers. (ugly duckling becomes a model with boobs and the jock becomes a janitor at wal mart.) Women especially look better than men at this level. Old flames try and out do eachother.

20- 25 year

This or the 25th is when you return just happy to be alive. You celebrate friends and your old enimies fade away. HS was fun, your glad to see people, and hope they are of you too. Look at my kids pics.. did you see so and soo...what happened??

30- 40 -50

Look at my grandkids Hi... Now who are you again?? lol

====================================================

I think small towns have better HS reunions than large cities.

It means more to them. More tied to their communities. If you were a hero in HS you may continue some of that in success in your community too. Think winning HS kid football Quarterback, now a very succesful insurance agent.

People who live city town wise close to their HS, will find an excuse not to go.. While someone who lives 2k miles away wouldn't miss it for the world. 50-100 dollars.. Hell if after 10- 20 25- 30 etc years you can't cough up 50-100 dollars to see some buddies all in one place... YOU need a better paying job!

I was very lucky to attend a large HS here in Indy. We had 1683 kids just in my class.. (yes, a HUGE HS) I was neither the dud, or a stud. But I liked a lot of people in different groups and liked the freedom to "float" in and out of circles with them too.

The key to HS and HS reunions is just to get through them. Laugh about it, laugh about yourself, concentrate during the evening on what OTHERS have done... listen to them too.. Not talking about yourself.. You will have a blast, I guarantee it!

My own 25th is this summer.

My wifes 20th is also.

I just hope they are not the same weekend.

Nope:

http://www.kissonline.com/kiss_otaku/photo_gallery/otakuphotos/RochVaillancourt/peterdebra.html

In 1973 she was a freckle-faced flat-chested SKINNY strawberry blonde. Five years later she looked like this. She's 47 years old now, so I wonder what she looks like today? I'll bet she's had PLENTY of "work" done by now!!!

At least I can say I dated a "playmate!" LOL!!