What do you do?

Coytee

1. Light show operator / sound board operator / roadie / amplifier-speaker repair technician for a rock band.

2. Analytical Chemist in Research & Development for animal drug manufacturing company.

3. Process Engineer / Chemical Engineer for Texas Instruments (certified Weapons Specifications Level 3 Soldering Instructor.

4. Telecommunications / Internet Network Manager at a State University.

5. Bachelor of Fine Arts in Architecture degree (minor in Engineering Technology)

6. Hobbies: Hi-Fi; former category 3 bicycle racer; backpacking; astronomy; photography

CAT 3 is pretty good!

I'm Civil/Environmental and work for the country's biggest power utility. I let my hobbies fill in for my interests in mechanical and electrical things. I've built a E-SP Autocross car, built a bicycle from a bare frame to ride centuries, got a pilot's license, shot rifles in competition and now have returned to motorcycles.

John Albright

'05 Concours

'00 748 "Rosetta"

Chattanooga

1. Bachelors of Music (spelling it out is better than putting BM) piano emphasis

2. Keyboardist/guitarist/singer/arranger for various bands in my life

3. Taijiquan instructor

4. Music Director for the local Unitarian Universalist church

5. Text department manager at Western Kentucky University (this one pays most of the bills)

I feel like one of those characters in the Saturday Night Live skits... "I've got 15 jobs!"

hobbies: martial arts, bicycling, music, hi fi (this last one takes my money!)

----------------

On 2/10/2005 9:24:24 PM Tom Mobley wrote:

Uh-oh, looks like I'm a bottom feeder here. 20 years as mechanic with Master Everything Technician, then 3 years of Mech E., now Unix server admin in very large corporate data center. Still build custom/racing engines for a few guys, getting interested in woodworking.

Guys like yaffstone make me green with envy.

----------------

I did the car thing for 20 years. Fabricated engine swaps (Chevy V8 Jaguars and doing a Chevy Vette engine in a Rolls Royce with a Trans Am suspension).

Go the woodworking route. Your hands don't get greasy (just dusty) and the frustration level is so much lower! Not working in tight spots, bleeding knuckels will heal up, don't have to put penetrating lubricant on a bolt for a week and still have to cut it off.

Home improvement is a ton of fun too. You can get your money out of home improvement if you do it yourself, unlike the car moneypit!

I also bicycle (built a bike) and work out. The whole career thing gets in the way of my fun.

Chris

I didn't realize there was another thread on this some time ago. Furthermore, I didn't mention my background (avoided? 3.gif )

I've got a BS in Management 1983, Miami University (Ohio) and work in the financial field as an "Investment Advisor" (whoo, a title)

So I sit at desk all day, which is how I can visit here so easily and I yak on phone a lot too.

My wife will tell you I yak a lot when I'm NOT on the phone

3.gif

I have almost no real training to my name, but have always played with electronics & audio since I was very young.

Officially, I spent 12 years as an auto mechanic specializing in computer controls, fuel injection, & emissions. Hurt my back on the job, got a teaching credential, & taught for auto tech & smog for 4 years. Had to quit to take care of my parents.

While taking care of my parents, I took on a part time job at a local computer shop . That led to my current job as a computer tech for the top high school dist in CA. I do everything from rebuilding hardware to network design & programming.

During the install of the new theater at my school, & got hooked up with the pro-sound installers & now run the theater system. I now build the sound systems for the district.

I am a former Social Worker/psychotherapist and hold an MSW degree,( The reason for the career switch is a long story ). Now work as a computer/printer technician with NexInnovations in Calgary,Alberta. I spend most of my time doing warranty repairs for Toshiba,IBM,HP,Lexmark etc.

I love this forum. When I get home my wife always says," Go unwind with the Yahoos on the forum and hands me a glass of vino!"I made a damned good choice there BTW as we will celebrate our 42nd anniversary on February 23.

My mother-in-law ( 93 years old ) called the other night and when I answered she said " You are still there ? " ( Just kidding! )11.gif

----------------

On 2/11/2005 9:07:29 AM colterphoto1 wrote:

Blindman, thats four of us Roadie type here that I count.

Dodger

Colterphoto

Blindman

DrWho

Stay on board, lots of fun and discussions that'll make yer head spin all the way around!

Michael- a pseudo engineer renaissance man really

----------------

Having worked on the other side of recordings really forces a different perspective too...I'm surprised by how many "hot topics" we all agree on. 2.gif

I am also studying to be an electrical engineer with an emphasis on circuits, analog and digital signal processing, and acoustics. I've already got a head start with all the literature I've been reading, but the downside is that I get easily bored in class.

I'm no college professor but I did sleep with one last night.2.gif My wife, wipe that smirk off your face.1.gif

I've got a diploma in Electronics Technology from RISE; former FCC 1st Class Radiotelephone Operator Licence holder w Radar Endorsement (radio engineer); BS in Industrial Technology w/concentrations in Electronics & Management: ASE Certified Master Auto Mechanic w L1 Emissions Certification; now retired and persuing my hobbies; audio and archery.

Rick

As relates to the thread, I was an engineering officer (USAR) in the early 1970s, but am an English teacher/ EAST lab facillator now, with a small (7 houses & 2 duplexes) rental business. I'm also the energy conservation manager for our school district, and work security duty several hours a day at the high school where I teach.

SSH

IB slammin,lmao,good one, Heck Im not an engineer, but I did make my first Million bye the sweet age of 37, now at 42, I just enjoy great music, fast cars, and great daughters, and a Wife who puts up with all my toys and whacky friends, just goes to show Degrees are not for everyone, but all the power to ya if ya have a few hanging upon your wall.Klipsch Rocks

I never quote what I'm worth, unless you asked my wife2.gif

I have a BA in Marketing and Strategic Management. I left the big corpoerate world 3 years ago and now I am an idependent agent in the insurance industry. I support my wife, 6 kids (2 in college)1 dog, and 4 cats and occasionally my toys.

Sometimes it just all comes together, unless you ask my wife 16.gif

----------------

On 2/12/2005 3:56:47 PM lynnm wrote:

My mother-in-law ( 93 years old ) called the other night and when I answered she said " Your still there ? " ( Just kidding! )11.gif

----------------

At least she called lynnm. My mother in law lives here. She's 89 and your's is 93. Do they really live that long? Lordy!