Where did your Klipsch "dream" begin???

tommyboy

Went to Myer-Emco in July, 1980 with a sweaty wad of cash in my pocket just as they were pulling out a pair of zebrawood cornwalls to use as floor models. I'd never heard a pair of Klipsch speakers in my life but knew I HAD to have them. Brought them home and an hour later I heard Klipsch for the first time. After spending $1400, it was a huge relief as I was listening to the most amazing speakers I'd ever heard. If they sounded like crap I would have been really pissed. I just figured, the bigger, the better.9.gif Hey, I was just a kid.......sort of.2.gif Worked out pretty well though.16.gif

Went to Sound Pro in Indy in 1989 or 90 to replace my Infinity Qa's. The salesman suggested the Heresy's or the FOrte's. I couldn't believe the sound that came out of the Heresy's. The Forte's didn't surprise me simply due to their size. But given the almost bookshelf size of the Heresy's, my buddy and I kept walking over to the Forte's to make sure it wasn't them playing. I was hooked. (and still have those Heresy's (2's that is).

It was 1994 and I was just out of university and looking to build my first higher end stereo system. I auditioned the Chorus II's and Forte II's. I couldn't afford the Chorus's so I went with the Forte's and I have never wanted any other speaker brand since.

Read about them in 1963, bought the K-horns and Cornwall center channel in 1965 and that's when I first heard them with an old Heathkit amp and pre-amp.I also had an Ampex deck that I recorded a party in my house with two Shure 360 degree mics placed 2 ft away from the K-horns and even with the midrange. When I played it back everything that was recorded was in their exact position no matter where you stood in the room. I have never heard anything that could come close and I have a 7.1 system now which as far as I'm concerned is a total bust.

JJK

I was about a year into being married (1987) and my wife and I wanted quality gear for our new house. Went to a shop that no longer exists, HiFidelity, in Ausitn, Texas. Took me several trips to pull the trigger on a brand new pair of Forte IIs. Still have them along with the Nakamachi equipment that I bought all at once. I've never bought a different brand of speaker since. Well, except for the factory stuff that comes in automobiles these days.

I've never even heard Klipschhorns. that's gonna change soon.

1992 in Houston, TX. We had just bought a brand new house and needed a system for the family room. Looked around and listened to several systems and ended up at Home Entertainment (that is now Tweeters) once I heard them I was hooked. Was torn between the KG5.2's and the Chorus, well money came into play and we got the KG's. They have been such good speakers that I never really thought about changing them out or upgrading until we started looking into adding onto our new home in VA, and adding a HT room. They have preformed flawlessly for me for over 13 years. Which after getting on this site I see that 13 years is nothing for Klipsch speakers, its just amazing that in this day and age of everything not lasting very long so companies can sell it to you again, that there is still a company with quality in there products. I will always be a Klipsch fan and a BIG speaker lover. Never a HT in a box for me...............

Steve

----------------

On 3/4/2005 11:00:55 PM DeanG wrote:

It started for me at Carlin Audio here in Kettering, Ohio when I heard a pair of KSB 3.1's walk all over a pair of Mirage towers in every area except bass.

----------------

Small world Dean. I'm from Hamilton (family on mothers side from Piqua) and bought MY stuff from Carlin Audio in Fairfield. I don't think they have a store there anymore.

My Klipsch dream...

Not sure when I first had it, but it involves showing up at school with Khorns, realizing I have completely forgotten to attend one of my classes (it's finals week). I'm in my underwear, and I'm flying.

Is this normal?

Me so horny, me love Klipsch long time!

Sorry, I could not resist...3.gif

I guess the first time I heard Klipschorns was in 1972 at a pal's. He wanted to become a dealer but couldn't scratch up the capital. In succeeding years I heard the other models at various hi-end places, including Ideal Acoustics in Starkville, MS which I where is I met PWK in 1978.

I am one of the new generation of poster-boys for customer loyalty.

I first fell in love with the original Promedia v2.400 4.1 set, then bought a set of Promedia 5.1 Ultras. After upgrading the fronts on the promedias to RSX-4s, I realized that I had to move up to real Klipsch speakers so I got a pair of RF-3IIs, which started a long chain of electronics upgrades. When my funds permit it, I plan to upgrade to RB-75s or more likely RF-7s, and use my RF-3IIs to build a complete HT system for my parents. But certainly, Klipschorns or maybe the new Ref Premieres are in my dreams... maybe after I get my degrees I'll be able to afford them. Hmm... I guess I'm pretty much hooked.

I have and will continue to recommend Klipsch speakers, because to this day I have not encountered any other speakers that can match them in terms of price/performance at any price point up to $2000 (and possibly more, but I have never had a chance to audition speakers that are much more expensive than that).