Belle's being discontinued

JBlake377

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, just to clarify what I heard yesterday....

I called a local Klipsch dealer up yesterday. We were just talking about random things when the conversation switches to the Heritage line. His Klipch Representative is the one that told him about the La Scala / Belle hybrid. He also said that the Belle would be discontinued. There was no mention though of which the new hybrid might look like. For all I know, they could discontinue the name Belle, but make the new La Scala look more along the lines of the Belle.

I will say this, b/c I have seen much specualation on this. There was no talk of Cornwalls going back into reproduction, though i didn't ask. So it's possible but I heard nothing of it.

Anyways, sorry to stir up controversy, but Klipsch is definetely still into giving the Heritage Line the respect it deserves. If they didn't, they would not be combining and tweaking two of the greatest speakers to grace this green earth, just to please us elitist.

• Moderators

lol

Suppose maaaaaaybe the leak to dealers was premature?

Or things have "shifted" since information became available to dealers?

Or perhaps they are exactly correct in what they are saying?

It's not up to me to say 1.gif

I do know that things are NOT final yet, and we are not ready for an official announcement. Please stand by.

9.gif

• Moderators

----------------

On 4/14/2005 10:12:58 AM J.4knee wrote:

Amy,

C'MOn you can tell us... Your running for a political office in Indianapolis and you are practicing your speech techniques on us aren't ya?
9.gif
----------------

You got me!! Amy for Senate!

Actually, it would just be irresponsible of me to say what we are planning if it doesn't happen for some reason. Then it's out there as a rumor, then people get disappointed, etc etc.

As soon as I know for sure, our wonderful forum members will be the first I share it with, promise. 9.gif

They're also buying a television station with a history of mal-function - hence the please stand by on the screen and in her announcement.

With this kind of quality in hedginging, it is NOT a Local Office. Amy is either going President or Senator.

President, she will have my vote.

Unless she is going to throw Camilla out and take over.

Then add a manufacturing section to Westiminster Abbey.

Frankly, I think it's a bad idea to drop the Belle Klipsch, just like it was a bad idea to drop the Cornwall from the Heritage lineup. It may be cost effective to do so, if Klipsch actually has such plans, but I personally don't like the idea. I've always liked the fact that the Heritage Series continued production and remained as original as possible after all these years, a true test of time to the concept and design of each Heritage horn speaker by the late PWK. To see the beautiful Belle disappear forever would be a travesty IMO; it's bad enough the late Cornwall model went the way of the dodo bird!

If this discontinuation of a historic Heritage model is to cease existence, then to totally revamp the La Scalla into something totally different from what it's been all these years would also be a ba$tardization and a discredit to all La Scallas everywhere, including La Scalla owners who just so happen to love their simple folded horn speakers just as they are.

Just my two cents...7.gif

I think filmboydoug hit the nail on the head. If there is any announcement upcoming on the Heritage line it will be an announcement of phase-out of the entire Heritage line, maybe all at once or one model at a time but a phase-out nonetheless. The new Klipsch Boys do not hold the Heritage models dear as Paul did. By the way thier speaker designs are going I think they would like to bury the Heritage line all together as soon as they can.

A goodly number of posts on what is currently nothing more than rumor. But should it come to pass, hold on to your

Belles boys (yes Amy, I said Belles) our stock will soon be on the rise. I so much enjoy owning products with a storied and long history that have been taken out of production. For current owners I believe the theory of supply and demand will prevail here.

Know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em.

• Moderators

----------------

On 4/14/2005 9:32:08 PM RFK wrote:

I think filmboydoug hit the nail on the head. If there is any announcement upcoming on the Heritage line it will be an announcement of phase-out of the entire Heritage line, maybe all at once or one model at a time but a phase-out nonetheless. The new Klipsch Boys do not hold the Heritage models dear as Paul did. By the way thier speaker designs are going I think they would like to bury the Heritage line all together as soon as they can.
----------------

Not true.

Even though I am a pessimist it sounds like it could even be good news : )

I really can't believe that they would alter a member of the heritage line of speakers. Perhaps drop or add from the line but not alter.

I have had my Belles for about two years and so far three friends have bought from the heritage line after hearing mine. It would be nice to see fresh marketing and investment aimed at the Heritage line.

Here is an off the wall question that has been bugging me for about 1.5 years...

When I called the plant and spoke to one of the engineers there, I was told that the drivers for the KHorns and LaScalas were no longer being manufactured and were unavailable. Yet posts here indicate that there is no problem sourcing them from Klipsch.

Can anyone provide any insight into this?????

Guest Anonymous

Dragon-

I believe that they may have had problems getting the old drivers, but they switched to a slightly different model not to long ago. There was some recent posting about the drivers that klipsch is currently using in the heritage line.

Best-

George

I don't believe Miss Valerie would permit the use of Mr. Paul's names and logos on a La Scala/Belle Hybrid. Miss Valerie is a strict adherent to the "Paul did it right" philosophy.

Reviving a model would be greeted with cheers from all around.