Does anybody here like golf?

Not much to brag about.

Putter: Ping 1-A (the "pinging" one)

Irons: 16 year old patent pending Callaway S2H2 (SW-2) Memphis steel shaft

Driver: TaylorMade Supersteel Burner 3 wood Rifle steel shaft (no other woods)

Handicap: 12

No. Played in high school (free), then ditched the clubs one day while holding a Grateful Dead ticket stub in one hand and a greens fee stub in the other. After realizing the Dead stub was half the price of greens fees, and the fact that I walked away from the golf course unhappy over 50% of the time, and walked away from Dead shows happy more than 50% of the time, I gave up golf.

After playing the game for several years, I really do understand W.C. Fields when he said "Golf is a good walk spoiled." The only good spot on a golf course is the clubhouse.

Had a membership before the boy. I don't really miss it. Of course, he's only a bit over a year old!

I still try to get out a few times a month. I do have more fun now, as I'm not so concerned with "progress".

The bag:

Nike driver from last year. Not bad, but not me. Handsome, though!

Adams Tight Lies Smart 3W. Cool club. Love it on the par 5's.

Arnold Palmer Kmart special 5W. Enh... use it rarely.

Nike CPR. Now this is a fun club. I won it as a sales incentive, and dropped the 7W and 3I.

Tommy Armour 845 irons. Good enough for now. With SW and LW. The lob is one of my favorite clubs. My friends that are actually good (single digit guys) love to see me in trouble around the green, becuase I go to the LW more than I should, and it's always a good time watching that ball go straight up, then land softly. I blame Phil, myself...

Never Compromise Omega putter. The one club I can't see ever replacing. Exactly what you want in a putter, right?

I like the Strata Tour Ultimate 2s, but now I play whatever softish ball is around.

St. Louis Rams ball marker/divot tool. Long story.

Handicap? Um, most definitely....

----------------

On 5/9/2005 7:26:25 PM BS Button wrote:

Ok, then "What's in the bag"?

----------------

Lets see:

One pair of Volkl Supersport 5 Stars (182cm in lenghth), with Motion AT bindings/with P.C.O.S (Piston Control Oil Suspension).

Along with custom fitted Technica Reva 9X HotForm boots (with Happy Feet custom insoles)

Wait - you said Golf? Ooops - wrong sport! 11.gif

Now, to come up with the $3K to go to New Zealand later this summer....6.gif

----------------

On 5/9/2005 10:03:41 PM skonopa wrote:

Lets see:

One pair of Volkl Supersport 5 Stars (182cm in lenghth), with Motion AT bindings/with P.C.O.S (Piston Control Oil Suspension). ........................

----------------

How do you like those? My niece is getting a pair for her HS graduation present.

----------------

----------------

Taylor Made irons, 2 Odessy putters, Big Bertha driver and 3 wood, Ping wedge and Sand Wedge, some wolfcrook cheap cigars, smelly socks, golf tees, possibly a dirty magazine and some old beer cans. But no klipsch that I can remember.

Guest Anonymous

When we lived in suburban Detroit, MI (1988-2003), I installed and maintained my own bent grass putting green. My sons and neighbors became good with the wedge and putter. Let me tell you, block parties became dangerous. For that matter, sometimes average summer nights became dangerous when one or two select neighbors came out with gambling money in their pocket and beverages in their hands.

----------------

----------------

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha

3, 5 Metals: Callay S2

2-W: Ram FX2

SW: Cleveland 56 Deg.

Putter: Ping Anser

No. Think about it with some objectivity. It makes a simple task --putting a small ball into a sewer pipe, very difficult. A little parsimony would go a long way.

Now, a family story:

My great uncle, a physician, took his ancient Irish dad out to his country club for the afternoon. When they returned home, the family asked old dad what he had seen.

"Well, they had some excellent whiskey which they poured for free. Some of the lads were playing a game. I think they called it 'gosh'".

Who could have said it better?

He also watched a tennis match. His take: "Back home, anything that strenuous we made the help do!"

Oh, to see ourselves through other's eyes! How I wish that I had been old enough to have known Johnny Murphy. However, my grandfather, who raised me, made up for a lot of it.

DR BILL

Driver - 11 degree Biggest Big Bertha (about 10 years old - gone through a few others but keep coming back to it).

Calloway Hawkeye 3 and 5 woods

King Cobra 7 and 9 woods (yes, I'm getting old 15.gif - thinking about an 11 wood)

Original Big Bertha irons (about 14 years old)

Cleveland wedges

Scotty Cameron Newport mid-slant putter

Ball of choice - Titleist Pro-V1

Down to a 6 handicap in the mid-'90s before neck surgery took away my right triceps. Now about a 12 and not happy about it.

----------------

On 5/10/2005 9:05:45 AM sputnik wrote:

How do you like those? My niece is getting a pair for her HS graduation present.

----------------

An excellent, excellent ski! I've gotton a good 40+ days of skiing on them, in everything from fresh powder at Vail to the typical ice and crud here back east, and they performed beautifully. I was actually quite surprised at how well they cut through the crud and such that is typical here in the Mid-Atlantic area.

Here is a thread on DCSki.com where I gave my impressions on the ski (in response to the initial post in that thread). Granted, this is way off topic from Golf, but I havent swung a club in the last ten years. Skiing is my passion. Golf, as was said, just seems to be a good walk spoiled.

But than again, with the brand new course being built right here next to my neighborhood, I may consider taking it up again.