Happy Birthday Allan!!!!!

garymd

Yeah, first time I've had any booze during the workday in about 4 years--makes for very unproductive afternoons!

Just got back from playing softball--my baseball days are finally behind me I guess--that is unless I get talked into the 50-and-over league that a couple of pals of mine are in--problem is the games are on Sunday mornings at like 8 and 10 AM and that's when I do some serious hi-fi listening when I'm not in church (which is more often than not now that my local church has left the American Episcopal Church and joined the Ugandan Church, a move that SERIOUSLY pissed me off).

I was blasting some Don Wilkerson at just about full volume with all the windows down cruising down the 405 freeway after going 3 for 4 with 2 RBI in an exiciting come-from-behind 13-9 win., groovin' to the soul of Grant Green, John Patton, Bex Dixon and Wilkerson--trying NOT to think about James Dobson and Bill Frist.

And tomorrow I'm taking the day off and playing some golf.

Life is good--even at 48!

Happy birthday Allan!

Last week I finally saw one of the jazz legends in person: Benny Golson live with the jazz orchestra of the concertbuilding (Amsterdam). He got the Dutch jazz award for lifelong accomplishment being a composer and musician. A great evening. I will also go to the North Sea Jazz festival. Good names this year, so I will go all three days.3.gif It is my wish to see Sonny Rollins at least once in my life. That is going to be difficult!8.gif

Enjoy your day off! Tim. 1.gif

----------------

On 5/20/2005 1:14:39 AM Allan Songer wrote:

And tomorrow I'm taking the day off and playing some golf.

----------------

I need to do that! Great idea !!

I'm four weeks away from my 50th, which I'll celebrate with a real estate closing on a new house down south, followed closely by another right of 50's passage, my first colonoscopy.

I like your method of celebration much better 9.gif

To you sir, may you have many more.

You have educated, only sometimes irritated - but we all have that role - and you have given many a great suggestion.

I hope for the day, the advice was taken to relax, enjoy and have a very Happy Birthday.

Win

Just got back from a round of golf with my 75 year old father at Black Gold golf course (in the shadows of the "Disgraced Former Presdident Richard Nixon Library"). We played from the blues--rated at 71.6 with a 130 slope, a par72 measuring 6500 yards.

I played well--espcially considering I haven't picked up a stick since Christmas. I shot 43-39 with three birdies which included a lip-out 12 foot put for eagle on the short par 5 488 yard number 6--hit a BOOMING 290 yard drive on that hole that made me feel 25 again followed by a PERFECT 4-iron to 12 feet below the hole! My Pop shot 45-42 with a 30 foot birdie put on 18 to finish his round.

6BG.jpg

transparent.gif