The Actual First Pilgrimage

Yeah it begin the 60th anniversary of why we are all here, I think Hope would be the appropriate venue for next year. Gil thanks for sharing those pictures; I would have loved to have had an opportunity to meet the man himself. You guys were the lucky few indeed. Great pic and I am sure even better memories

Goes to show you that this Forum has a lot of new comers if they wern't around at the time of the first visit.

This is part of the reason I stayed away from the Forum this last year. It seems that all the queations being asked now have been answered over and over again over the years. There is a lot of usefull information on this Forum. You just need to go back in time and take the time to read alot of the old post and topics.

And while we are talking about pilgrimages, don't forget the one the following spring for Mr. Paul's book signing. I was bummed that I couldn't make the 2001 Hope visit, so I made it a point to be there for the book signing. There weren't as many of the forum members there, and I think I traveled the farthest, coming from CT. But I did get to meet both Mr. Paul and Miss Valerie, as well as Tony Reed (I still owe him a dinner!) and Trey and Steve Phillips. The Klipsch's were very wonderful hosts and I learned a great deal on that trip. The next year, after listening to Mr. Paul's own Klipschorns, I got my set.

JM-

Thanks much. Been pretty busy at work with a NASA proposal, and just starting to get back to normal things. Wish I could have made this latest pilgrimage, as it sounds like there were some really cool things to see/hear. Guess I'll have to wait until Sep for the news.

Doug-

Hope things are well down in CR. At some point, we need to get together for dinner and compare notes. I need to do a bit of tweaking in the HT, but maybe we can figure something out later this summer/fall.

I never made it, but remember joining then. To the group of you that made this place and helped me out with questions the day I had my Khorns standing alone, thank you...To PWK....RIP....wish I had been there the first time...oh yes...

• 6 months later...

Excellent pic Gil, I sure wish I had been a member back then and I know I would have made that Pilgrimage!

I had tried to get in to see the factory and meet Paul 3 times since high school! I first stopped by the factory in Aug. 1975 but was turned away by the front office saying no factory tours are done.

I stopped by again in 1995 when I lived in Dallas and I got them same story but was given the key to walk the Museum.

In late 1997 I moved to Little Rock and stopped by on a Wed. after noon and I had just missed Paul who had been in the front office before leaving on an appointment and I once again wondered through the Museum but still felt sad at missing my opportunity to meet Paul and possibly get a glimpse of the factory but to no avail!

But as they say all good things come to those who wait and last years informal visit to the factory in which I had just become a forum member was truly a dream come true for me and I am still very grateful for trey, Chris (his wife), Roy and all the others who took the time just as Paul and Valarie did with your group that I get a little giddy because I finally got to walk the grounds of where it all started and still happens today[:D]

Thank you again for sharing this thread and I look forward to seeing everyone at this years gig[<:o)]

• Klipsch Employees

We have some cool stuff set up for this trip...I wish we could get more of the "Charter members" to come...

They were the first to hear the Jubblie...in HT with bell center and 8 heresy surrounds and Khorn rears...

I went a bit overboard...but I allways do.[:$]

We have some cool stuff set up for this trip...I wish we could get more of the "Charter members" to come...

They were the first to hear the Jubblie...in HT with bell center and 8 heresy surrounds and Khorn rears...

I went a bit overboard...but I allways do.[:$]

Trey,

Overboard is good. keep up the good work.