Just Bought the Pair of Khorns I have Always Wanted

dbflash

This is long and Im sorry, but I am so pumped:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Well it's been a week since I got them home, but I now understand what everyone who has talked about KHorns is talking about.
I thought my Cornwalls were my favorite speakers in this long and crazy trip, but I am quickly getting use to my Khorns.

From the first pair of Klipsch I bought (KSF10.5) which I hated. Klipsch were so bright. Traded them back in for KLF20s. Still bright. This is when I was getting into HT. Read that Denon was good stuff. My system was Denon AVR, Pioneer DVD and Klipsch.

Couldnt give the Klipsch stuff away. The funny thing was I keep looking at other speakers and I keep thinking my speakers sound better than that, but they were too bright. I couldnt listen to a CD all the way through without my ears hurting.

Changed out amps, CD players, interconnects, etc and bingo I finally got it right.

Drove 16 hours round trip to pick up a pair of Heresys. Drove 6 hours round trip to buy a pair of Lascalas. Drove 3 hours round trip to pick up a pair of Cornwalls. Met the guy in a parking lot. Drove home and hooked them up and both tweeters were blown. 2 weeks later tweeters were fixed and man I loved those speakers.

Had DeanG rebuild the xovers in the KLF20s and man those were some killer speakers. About six months before I had the xover upgrade a friend asked me how much did I want for my HT. I never used it. I told him I wanted $650 for the klf20s. (he had just gotten married and they had a baby, no money etc). I didnt really think he would come through. 3 weeks after I got the new xovers installed you guessed it, I received a phone call. He had the money for the klf20s and 3 klf-c7s. I told him $950 so what could I do.

About 2 weeks later I get an email from Edster00 asking me if I still wanted to buy his Khorns. I had sent him an email 3 years ago telling him that his Khorns were the best looking pair Id ever seen and if he ever wanted to sell them let me know.

Last Thursday I rent a UHAUL and whats suppose to be a 2.5 hour drive ended up taking 5. get the truck with less than a ¼ tank of gas. I drive less than 25 miles and the breaks go out. Im on the interstate talking to the UHAUL breakdown service center. Right before <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Atlanta I find another UHAUL center and after a little BS I get another truck.

Met Ed and he helps me load the speakers and false corners in the truck. I get back to Bham, unload the speakers and get the UHAUL back with 10 minutes to spare.

Get back home, move my Cornwalls out of the room. Put the false corners in place. Slid the Khorns around and put them in their place. Power up my amps and go take a shower and then run out and get something to eat.

Come home and put in a CD and hit play. OMG. I cannot believe this is mine. I was afraid they were going to be so overpowering in my room. They are only 15 feet apart until I redo the room. They sound so good. Just as good as my Cornwalls, but more of it. And I mean this in a very good way.

I dont have a camera so I am going to try and use the picture that Ed posted I think 3 years ago. This is Eds equipment, Cornwalls, and house. I can finally say the Khorns are mine.

Danny

I can't believe Edster would sell those babies. I always thought that

was one of the most beautiful rooms as well, and the false corners

looked very good there.

Is he replacing them with something else or just wanting to say goodbye to them?

I forgot to ask Danny. When did you sell the LS?

Bruce

Those Klipschorn's are absolutely stunning, I remember seeing that photo! Wow killer looks and killer sound to boot! A hearty congrats!

I remember when I got my first pair of Klipschorns that were replacing my Belle's, once I got them in place I noticed an immediately bigger fuller sound. I have gone a little crazy since then with my acquisitions.

Those are original Rosewood from the factory aren't they! People must walk in the house and be blown away.

Congrats Danny! I know what you mean about the sound. The first time I heard Khorns were after they were in my room. OMG is right!

A little trivia about those wonderful vertical Cornwalls Edster has there... I decided to get Cornwalls in May of 2003, Edster had bought those Cornwalls a tad earlier (I think March) from a lady who works two floors below me for an insanely low amount.

Woo

p.s. I also wonder why Ed would move those khorns.