Disheartened and ready to leave

Some of the resent attacks on my character have made me rethink this

forum. I spend hours on here everyday, but there is no reason that I

should have my character attacked, I considered everyone on here my

friends as I have none of my own. Audio is my life, and I mean that, it

is all i think about and all I care about. But I got attacked for

trying to better my system, that is just crazy. I know otheres on the

forum have been attacked like me, some stay and some have left. I am

not sure what I am going to do, but I am starting to rethink things.

James,

I must have missed what happened. No one ever wants to feel unwelcomed or disliked, those who pretend that they dont care or are generally vicous or snide in their comments probly have things going on in their lives that they find unacceptable. whatever it may be I generally try to understand this and hope that they can learn to accept the situation and become happier as a result. As much as I try to always have this outlook, I can fall into it as well. I hope you decide that these people probly were having a bad day(or life).

buck up little buddy and dont let it bug you too much

I can relate (especially when I purchased my Hong Kong-based tube amp and preamp and non-Klipsch, Singapore-made single-driver bookshelf speakers). But I overcame and adapted, and got over what others thought, and I'm still here! Like others have done (and some are still doing), I took a little time away from these forums and visited AudioKarma, SH Forums, and AudioCircle, where they don't care whether your amp is Chinese or American, or that your loudspeakers aren't Klipsch. All that matters to forum members over there is that you're happy with your components, and that you're proud to show your system off to other like-minded people who are truely interested in what you enjoy listening to music on.

Stick around, don't go away, but give yourself a break from here if you need to...

Man don't let a few opinionated comments from someone you don't even know get you down. I have been in a few tussles on this forum as well, who cares what they think as long and things sound good and are working for you. Just keep your head up and your chin high, and keep on plugging! Don't give into it! [6]

I think you are rather experienced and knowledgable for someone your age, I started in audio around the same age but mostly car and later home. I did have alot of friends with killer home systems when I was growing up and that is how I learned about Klipsch. The area dealer had the whole Klipsch line on the showroom floor and ran the Klipschorns with 20 watt per channel amps. You are certainly headed in the right audio direction and listen to some good quality music and you did all this before you found this place so I think you done pretty damn good in a short period of time.

Name the guilty parties and I'll send Guido and Luigi over to explain things to them! [:@]

????

Don't let yourself be run off. We all get hassled from time to time.

FWIW I once made the mistake of suggesting that a problem posted by a

new member might not really be a problem after all and the next thing I

knew the doofus responded with a diatribe about my character and

personal habits.

To paraphrase Lincoln:

You can p*ss off all of the people some of the time and you can p*ss

off some of the people all of the time but you can't p*ss off all of

the people all of the time.

Hang in there bud you would be missed!

I read the thread and I don't see how any of the comments made, including my own, could have been misinterpreted. In fact all posters appeared to exhibit a genuine concern that you choose the correct path for your upgrade. You must understand that most of us have been through various facets of the upgrade bug. I have personally, been badly bitten when I have bought things with the heart controlling the wallet, not my brain.

You asked a genuine question. I and others responded according to our own upgrade experiences.

Good luck with your upgrades.

Edwin.

CTP,

You have come up against the reality that there are a number of audio enthusiasts who are regular a$$holes.

Jumping into your $hit with an attack or demeaning comment says something about them, but not you. And it is uncalled for. Simple as that.

What you describe is indeed hurtful and uncalled for. It is certainly not up to par for a gentleman's conduct on this forum, but sometimes these jerks will slip in anyway.

Hope you are able to sort out the wheat from the chaff and blow off the crap.

Main thing you need to do is take care of you. Hope that can include hanging out here when you feel like it. You've got a place at the table here.

Don't let the scumbags get to you. I could tell you some stories about some of the regulars around here but I'm a gentleman.[;)]

There are guys on this forum that are greedy, jealous, mean-spirited, and just downright dirtbags. It's not worth getting upset over their comments. We've all been there. Take a break if you think it will help but if you leave, you'll be giving them just what they want. Trust me on this one. Stay tough.

PM me if you want to chat.

I recommend investing some time outside this forum and meeting some people face to face your own age. I am not saying you should stop posting by any means, but you also need to have healthy 'real' relationships outside of this. BTW, the real world as with this forum is full of @ssholes.

I'll let you borrow my seal bashing club if you like.

Some people act much differently sitting behind a keyboard when they

know they will never meet you face to face. Call it cowardice or

imaturity just be glad it's not you.

Cheer up move on groove on some tunes or catch a live show!

I don't know what is going on. But don't pack up your tent and leave.

If your life (right now) is audio, why not hang here? PWK's later life was mostly a devotion to audio. People did not always agree with him, dismissed him, yet he survived out of a personal belief in his principles.

I've run into more than a few horses' asses over the years, in many areas.. Most, at first, seem to have some power. After a while you realize that they are petty and frightened by their own shortcomings.

Read, Desiderata and hang in there.

Smile,

Gil

Not a bad idea to take a break from this place and meet some folks, make some friends, and find another hobby. You don't have to give up audio. Join a club at school. It's a big world out there with lots of kids just like you. You'd be suprised. Don't let a bunch of old foggies like us dictate how you feel or what you do. We're lost causes. You're still young![:)]

ditto to jasonbart. c'mon, crazytube power, it's not that bad - lighten up a little and hang in there -

- on a lighter note, here's a few lyrics from an old '60's ditty that

certainly deserved more attention ( so here's a little now - everybody

join in on the chorus)

A Sunday morning bright and clear

Lovely flowers decorate the market square

People cry and walk away and think about the fateful day

Now they wish they'd given Jack more attention and respect

Little children dressed in black don't know what happened to Grocer Jack

grocer Jack, grocer Jack, is it true what mummy says

you won't come back, oh no, oh no

grocer Jack, grocer Jack, is it true what mummy says

you won't come back, oh no, oh no,

Don't let pinheads ruin your day.There are many know-it-alls in the audio world than you can shake a stick at.I know enough to know that I don't know very much.I find that people attack your character when they don't have an answer to the question.

I'll go one better........

Anytime you want a answer to a technical question of any kind, let me know and I'll get answered for you by a world class physicist ,he rubbed elbows with Edward Teller and others.But it has to be a technical question, not something like "what is better infinity or PSB? "He doesn't know audio gear or what the properties are of the acoustic foam your using in your room and so on.These guys on the forum are a wealth of knowlege when it comes to gear, they know thier stuff.But if you have any kind of amplifier power questions,impedence matches,acoustic question, anything....let me know and I'll get you an answer and post it for you and all to read.....deal?

I don't spend that much time here but do spend a lot of week day time on a particular blog or two. Seems like elementary school playgrounds at times but that's kinda the neat part. There's no presumptions and people over and under step. Just don't take it too seriously cuz no matter what it's not the end or the beginning of anything. Nothings broke and no blood's been spilled.

What I do know around the Forum is that some people are very intent and intense about their system, systems approach and music. I know that you and I are different cuz I use SS gear (mostly). I try and learn from everyone because I know not a lot. I've made changes based upon what I've learned here..all for the better...never made a bad move....buuuut, I pondered the hell out of them all and pestered many a member ad nauseum B4 leaping forward.

Remember that intelligence is abundantly relative......[H]

What upset me was said outside of the forum, I thank you for you sugestions though

that

just means you won, i get those all the time, an then to upset em, i

throw out a cornwall experiment ,that makes em foam at the mouth,get it

foam lol ,i'll destroy more of em too,you should see me destroy a

gibson on stage,have done many in the old days,my next set of corns, i

think i'm going to paint godsmack logos, an silver paint ,an beat

em with a chain, an scratch huge X X X x X all over them ,make em look

like skullys ,thrashed dirty silver gibsons les paul,pick on the kid

anymore, an i'm going to chainsaw some corns in half

post-16352-13819272057836_thumb.jpg

What upset me was said outside of the forum, I thank you for you sugestions though

OK, now I am confused . . . . . especially since the very first sentence in this thread, initiated by YOU, references character attacks upon you that are causing you to ".......rethink this forum" . SO, if the comments were made outside this forum, why are you rethinking this forum?????????????

Isn't this the same thing as if I said "someone was a jerk to me at work today, so I am rethinking my participation in this forum" ??????????????????

I went to the doctor today and she was a jerk, so I am rethinking my interest in this forum . . . . . . ... WHAT AM I MISSING??????????????