Cherry Lacquer Cornwall III arrived!!! No longer Klipschless in Ohio.

Sonic Reaper

Finally got my new Cornwall IIIs. Carrying them upstairs was an unexpected chore. I thought each speaker was supposed to weigh approximately 90 pounds. I must be getting too old because they felt like they weighted closer to 120 pounds each. I wonder if I have the first serial numbers for March 2006 because the consecutive serial numbers are 06130001 and 06130002. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I plan on disassembling my existing stereo system and assembling the new stereo system this weekend. I had several new stereo components and a Lovan Matrix 5 shelf audio rack sitting unpacked in closets for months waiting for the arrival of my Cornwalls before I began the task of assembling and rearranging my home stereo system. I will finally get the opportunity to unpack and listen to my new Anthem P2 power amp, and my new Denon 2910 DVD/CD player through Cornwalls! I even built a small library of 33 SACDs and DVD audios for the day I finally received my Cornwalls.

Now I need to find a center channel speaker that would be a good match for Cornwall IIIs. Will the RC-64 be good center for Cornwall IIIs?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not another cornwall for the center? Perhaps an older vertical cornwalls on its side?

Other options I would consider before any of the reference stuff would

be an academy, KLF-C7, and even a single heresy (a heresy III would be

a very good match actually).

Thanks for the recommendations DrWho. The vertical Cornwalls do look like the best match for a center. I only hope I have better luck finding a single vertcal Cornwall on Ebay or Audiogon within a 4 hour drive, in good shape and for a reasonable price than I did finding a used pair of Cornwalls or Klipschorns. What would be a reasonable price for vertical Cornwalls?

That was fast, they just started building them last week or the week before. I was going to place my order on 3/18 but my Belle Klipsch did not sell. You very well could have the first pair to roll off the production floor- how nice is that!

I have yet to see a photo of them with the grill off, at $3500 a pair you would think Klipsch would have a photo of the speaker with the front grill removed.

I was told it was a possible 60-90 wait once production started, I still want a pair but I need to sell my Belle's and a Velodyne subwoofer to raise the $3K I need to purchase a pair.

I want to know how they sound once you get them up and running and spend some time with them.

Pictures, pictures, pictures, please.

Thirty minutes after I read your post requesting pictures, I had pulled one Cornwall III out of its box and took several pictures. Then I found I had not installed the digital camera software on my laptop. Forty five minutes later I had two photos ready to post but found the forum was down and would not accept photos or new postings.

I have never posted photos on this forum before so I send my apologies in advance if they do not automatically resize in your browser. Pictures may not be the best given the lighting I was working with.

post-19207-13819284515284_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

There is no way i could wait like you, i would have to at least hook them up to something you have more patience than me.

I bet they look good though with that cherry wood and a perfect finish.

Thirty minutes after I read your post requesting pictures, I had pulled one Cornwall III out of its box and took several pictures. Then I found I had not installed the digital camera software on my laptop. Forty five minutes later I had two photos ready to post but found the forum was down and would not accept photos or new postings.

I have never posted photos on this forum before so I send my apologies in advance if they do not automatically resize in your browser. Pictures may not be the best given the lighting I was working with.

Oooo... Nice. However they look slightly smaller than my '79 CWs. Hmm... Odd. [:^)]

Any chance of seeing one with the grill off?

Nice. Can't see the BUTT joints (or maybe the CW3 doesn't have them).

Yes, How about an up close picture w/o the grill. Infact, could you measure from the top of the port opening to the bottom of the woofer....please....please...please.

jc