READ ABOUT A SMALL PERSON CALLED GEORGE WRIGHT!!!!

MICA

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

----- Original Message -----

To: info@wright-sound.com

Sent: Monday, February 13, 2006 5:23 PM

Subject: WPA-3.5 returning from Toronto

Hi George,

Attached you'll see a postal scan copy.Want to let you know that I send back to you my 2A3 amps to change the cases with new version (mat colour& letters).You should get it by next week.Please let me know when arrived to you and after the job is done to pay you.I forget to ask you how long will take to move everything to new enclosure? Also,please sign on the bottom label.I really love this amps and need your signature.Hope you'll understand.

respectfully

To: info@wright-sound.com

Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2006 6:18 AM

Subject: Re: WPA-3.5 returning from Toronto

Hi,

Did you received my amps?

cheers

To: Marius

Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2006 2:53 PM

Dear Marius,

They haven't come in yet, I am looking for them.

Best,

George

To: George Wright

Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 7:52 AM

George,I'll see you received my amps.Please do it as fast you can to have them back ASAP.You'll charge my visa credit card for $265 total and I'll give you here the first 8 digits.The last 8 I'll let you know over the phone included expire date when are ready to be shipped back to me.Again,declare the package as return from repair ($10 value) to avoid paying a second time border fee.Wait after for your reply including track nr and ship company.

VISA 4504 4000

respectfully

Marius

PS:

don't forget to sign on the bottom serial# label.

Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 7:39 PM

Dear Marius,

Your amps arrived today, it will take a few days before I can start the changes.

Best,

George

Sent: Friday, March 03, 2006 7:46 AM

George,

Just a short notice to you.I'll have to stay home for next 3 weeks being sick and is almost impossible without music.PLEASE,do your best to finish the job ASAP and have them back to me. Please again.

respectfully

Marius

Sent: Sunday, March 05, 2006 4:57 PM

Dear Marius,

I did receive the units and I will have someone start prepping the units for transfer, there is one thing I did not think of though, the new chassis is set up for the later larger power transform and yours have the smaller device. To use your transformers I will have to drill new holes for mounting, is that okay or do you want the newer larger power transformers? They do cost a little more $125. each, let me know.

Best,

George

Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 7:52 AM

Dear George,

With all due respect,I think is time for my amps to return to me. I called you and left 2 messages but got no answer from you.You received my amps exactly 2 weeks ago and to me,sorry if I'm wrong but should not take longer than a day or two to move the parts from old box to new one.Please let me know why take so long and when can I hope to have them back?

Marius

Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 9:27 PM

Dear Marius,

I had told you we should be able to complete these in about three weeks, and they are about half finished. It takes a lot of time to remove all the installed parts and transfer them to an other chassis, much more than building them as new. I am paying my assembler to do these and I am losing money on your project, but I want you to be happy with what we are doing for you. There is one problem I have encounter, since these are older 3.5, they use different tube sockets as well as the transformer, we not longer make this chassis as the tube sockets used are no longer manufactured. I located several chassis samples of the older versions but the best I can do is two similar chassis but slightly different finish and rear speaker jack locations.

There is no way to reproduce these at this time, as the plans are gone for this chassis with this type of socket measurement and we are trying to use as many of your original parts as possible.

Best,

George

Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 7:54 PM

Me again,

This whole job is only about COSMETIC and nothing else my friend....If you think I'm gone pay for "the best I can do is two similar chassis but slightly different finish and rear speaker jack locations." YOU ARE WRONG!! .....You ask me $265 for 2 brand new chassis plus tube sockets plus shipping back to me.If you don't know or remember what you built 8 years ago,it is not my problem.Also,if you were mention to me from the beginning about these many changes in your production line,I would NOT accept to send these amps back to you.I could sell them for $700 and ad $200 and buy your actual version amps used on Audiogon. You should called me right away after receiving my amps and let me know about the whole problems and differences in parts and that you're not able to accommodate your new chassis.And probably I would ask you to send them back to me without to touch them.Don't try to make me believe you are doing me a favour and you losing money with this project.I hate when people try to take advantage on me and make me look like an idiot.To move few components and 4 transformers it takes you 3 weeks????? And you want me to believe that?? Beside you NEVER mention to me about 3 weeks time for this job.You know,so many things are different now compares with what we talk over the phone....Like I said call me at least now or let me know a different nr you can be reached?

Marius

Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 1:19 PM

Dear Marius,

Your amps were received but I have customers ahead of you and I needed to take care of them first. Last week I as called into my other job all week and could not do any work here. I really did not want to switch these as I will lose money no mater what happens, but I thought well you seemed to really like these, against my better judgment I have entered into this project. The chassis I have are all stored elsewhere and these were marked as Mono 3.5, when I took off the protective covering I found one marked as a Mono 1.75.

I have three options here, the first one is to take the 1.75 over to the silk screener, since I have some other chassis to go over I will pay to have the lettering changed, but it will take some time, my guess would be one and a half weeks to two and a half weeks, second option is to use the chassis I have and have you angry because of the slight differences in appearance and three is to box up your parts and send them back, no charge.

You should realize in Washington state, if you perform a service, it has to be paid for. If you do not like the level of service, than you can take that person to court and present the facts there. I will not apologize because first I did tell you three weeks, and second these were sold as is for $900 at an electronics show to clear out my proto types and the person that sold them to you should have stated that in the first place.

And finally, the reason for the different chassis is due to availability of parts from the vendors, not because of a desire to make a better version, the fact is the circuit has changed little from the first proto types. please tell me how to proceed because I will not go any farther till I hear back from you.

George Wright

Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 11:06 AM

Dear George,

You mention to me before to receive my amps that will take about a week to get the new chassis done to you.We never talk about your old stock and having or trying to accommodate old chassis......From the first moment we talk about brand new chassis for a brand new present look and your needs to order 2 chassis for me.You should had ready chassis for me in your hands long time ago.Why after 4 weeks you still don't have a firm direction doing this job for me?Now you ask me to wait another 2 weeks to have ready properly chassis in your hand and probably another 4 weeks to finish the whole job.....I don't see any problem here with me,George....For God sake why is so hard for you to do this simple transfer job,my friend? We agreed for a price and now you bump me around with all kind of excuses.To understand that for $265,I don't deserved brand new chassis but only refurbished? Why are you doing this to me after you received my amps?? Last summer when I bought these amps,I called you and you confirm me that the only difference between pre-production amps and the present are the paint and lettering chassis.I'm sure you remember me calling from Toronto last summer and guess you don't have a lot of customers here in Ontario either.I heard you're a man of word and simple don't understand why are you doing this to me? I really love your work and never think I could have a problem with you.What about if someone place an order for a brand new 2A3 amps? I doubt you'll make him wait 2-3 months....because he will pay $1500 not like me $265. Also I doubt you'll try to convince him about having 2 slightly different chassis colour..... Come on George,you can do better than this and finish this job ASAP on high cosmetic standards and with brand new chassis,please.Listen as you know I am not an English person and it is more easy conversation with me over the phone.

respectfully

Marius

PS.

How about sending me right away another pair you have in stock? Or please think at something for me to have them back in a week. I'm sure you can work somehow to give me satisfaction here.

Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 5:40 PM

Dear Marius,

You are right about that, I didn't realize that you had the oldest version of the 3.5, I have made several different versions over the years because of vendors changing the parts they ship. Once I received and took a look I see they are of the earliest version. Like I said when I brought the new chassis home from my storage unit for that version and unwrapped them I found that one of them was marked wrong on the box. I can only deal with the other vendors and it takes time to get them to finish the work so I am picking up several more chassis to take over to the silk screener this Friday and I plan to take the miss labeled one and have him clean it up and mark it correctly. Since you have the old version, if you wanted to buy the newer tube sockets, I could install them on the new type of chassis, as they will not accept the older sockets. The new sockets, which are Russian, would be $11 each for the 2A3 and $8.75 for the octal sockets for an additional $37. USD, since you did want the new transformers, there will be additional holes where the power transformer mounts with the newer chassis.

Since this is a small manufacturing business the sales come first, repairs and other work takes second place, that is only fair. I am not in the business of converting units over and I probably should of never taken on your product, but I felt like you really enjoyed these and at a weak moment I went ahead. This is taking time away from what I do best and it has taught me to never offer this type of work again.

Best,

George

Sent: Sunday, March 19, 2006 5:43 AM

Me again,

Can you do me a favour and shot a close up picture with my old transformer sitting on the new chassis to see the difference between holes and how bad/good will look? PLEASE.

thanks

Marius

Sent: Monday, March 20, 2006 3:54 AM

I would like to send you a picture, but I do not have a digital camera, just a very good 35 mm.

Sorry,

George

Sent: Monday, March 20, 2006 4:23 AM

But did you see the picture was send to you? How will look the holes compare with this picture?Will be far distance from transformer bottom/base? Some of your friend should have a camera to borrow.Wait for your answer if my amps could leave by this Saturday with new chassis?

Marius

Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2006 12:48 AM

Dear Marius,

I do not have time to go around and borrow a camera from someone to take pictures for you, I decided since I have to get customers orders out to pay my taxes this month, that this is more important than your time schedule. I did get the chassis to the silk screener today and he will do the work sometime this week but I will not be able to get the work done by this Friday. I have directed my assemblers to work on current orders and worry about your project after we get the orders out and your other chassis comes back form the silkscreen folks. I have to keep my business going and your project will not pay the bills, so I will get them done when I can.

Best,

George

Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2006 5:25 AM

"I have to keep my business going and your project will not pay the bills, so I will get them done when I can."

Now,this is something which really upset me.You treat me wrong here and you should know this is happened only because of you and all the customers should be treat equal.For a 2 days job you bumb me around for a month.....

I am sure if you'll do this to a US customers,next day everything will be advertise/debate on every audio forum.

You should assume responsibility when you say something which proved to be wrong at the end.Learn to handle your deals in a honourable way,my friend.Last time we talk,you promise to let me know by Monday your answer and now is Wednesday. Because of your poor communication I lost a good deal.

"I decided since I have to get customers orders out to pay my taxes this month, that this is more important than your time schedule."

"I have directed my assemblers to work on current orders and worry about your project after we get the orders out "

You decided? I am nothing here,ZERO....Right? You keep my amps and I should wait quiet like a stupid customers...Right? You told me a week ago that I had to stay in line because of others customers and that's why you start working late on my amps.Now you bumb me again? You know this is not right but you don't care...Right?

To Hell with customers,let him wait,we have and make our own rules here. After I see how you treat me,I'm asking you to gave me the new transformers for FREE.Just to make me forget the way you handle our deal.Or you'll mount my old transformers on brand new chassis BY NEXT WEEK and I'll pay $265 ONLY after I'll received my amps and check them.

Still hope you'll wake up and prove you're a gentleman which will treat equal everybody no matter the final value bill.

regards

Marius

Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2006 11:22 AM

I am sorry but my business has to stay profitable, and this has been more trouble and time consuming as well, I have obligations to keep orders going or I will have to close it. You keep making more demands and it is getting to be more trouble than I can afford. This is something I did not want to do in the first place and you do not realize I have more customers whom I also have to honor.

In the future I will not try to modify a customers unit to make the cosmetics look newer and since you where not the original customer anyway, I do not understand why you are upset with me in the first place! I was only trying to do you a favor and now it is totally out of hand. As a result I will not charge you for the service, even though I have to pay someone to do this. I do not want to do business with you again! This has nothing to do on where you live, I honor my Canadian customers as much as any American, after all we all live on one planet!

Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2006 1:56 PM

Dear George,

Honest,when do you think I'll have these amps back to me? Are 4 weeks since arrived to you.Just let me know the date,please.

Marius

Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2006 7:42 PM

Marius, I hope to get them in the mail by the end of next week. The silk screener called and I going to pick them up tomorrow, then this Monday the assembler will be back to assemble the final unit. After that I will run them a couple of days to make sure they are okay, then they with be boxed up and shipped.

Sent: Sunday, April 02, 2006 7:50 AM

Hello,anybody there? Called you but no answer...email you but no answer....WE START THIS ALL OVER AGAIN,GEORGE??? What reason for delay you have this time for me?

Marius

Sent: Sunday, April 02, 2006 5:05 PM

Marius,

My web site has been moved and I am now getting my e-mails. Your 3.5 have been switched but I have been dealing with the web switch for the last few days so I have not tested them out yet. Today I have to go to work in a couple of hours, Monday and Tuesday I have to get product out so it looks like they should go back sometime from Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.

Best,

George

Sent: Sunday, April 02, 2006 2:16 PM

So,you gain another week? Fine,wondering if will be the last one or the last delay for me? I would really appreciate a track nr for my package same day you'll ship.

Marius

Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 3:43 PM

Dear Marius,

The amps are done but I have had an accident, I burned my face and I go into surgery tomorrow. I do not have anyone else who can check out your amplifiers that I can trust. If I send these back via US Mail to save cost to you, they do not provide tracking numbers for shipments out of the country. I hope to recover fairly quick and get these out maybe this week, baring complications, thank you.

Best,

George

Sent: Friday, April 07, 2006 4:33 PM

Dear George,

Can you offer me a surprise and have my amps back to me before Eastern?

Marius

Sent: Saturday, April 08, 2006 9:07 PM

Dear Marius,

The surgery is postponed till the infection goes down, I was down looking at you amps but did not have time to hook them up yet. I work tomorrow and will have about 5 hours at home, I will try to finish checking them out then I will get someone over the pack them up and send them back to you. Monday I go back to the doctors so I only have a small window and trust me I know you will not be happy no mater what I try to do for you so this will be the last I answer your e-mails.

I didn't want to do this for you in the first place since you bought these used from some one else, it is not my policy to upgrade the looks for customers unless there is a very good reason. These amps were some of the first I built by hand including the chassis are far rarer than the lettered ones I have made now. The chassis I have for you are not matched, I paid some one the letter a different chassis to match but that failed, they were horrible. So I went with the slightly different ones as it would cost me more not to try to have someone put the parts back into the original chassis which were damage in removing the parts. So there is no way to win you as a customer and I would not want to do anymore business with you anyway.

You distort and I my option use lying as a way of trying to get your way, I have no place for the problems you cause by you accusations and demands to drop my business and only serve your needs. So I want to make sure these work and once I am satisfied they are correct, they are yours, good day sir.

George

Sent: Saturday, April 08, 2006 11:32 PM

I can believed my eyes what I read here...What kind of "person" you are? I LIAR AND A CROOK...

YOU LIED ME ALL THESE WEEKS...You full with me after keeping my amps for 2 moths? I send to you a perfect matched pair without lettering and now I get different amps with lettering???Why did you did this to me? Why all these cheap excuses? Are you saying you're not able anymore to built and sell your oldest model WPA-3.5 amps? Where the *** are your painters or the peoples who built these chassis for you? You don't have any respect for customers.Every audio builder stay behind his own merchandise no matter how old are the units or if is for a first buyer or second one.Customer order and pays for the job.Now that you offer to do this free of charge it does not give you the right to do a miserable job and laughing at customers.I was willing to pay the price you ask only to finish the job but you back up and have no honour.Listen again you ***,I want my amps back in a better condition not worse after waiting such a long time....If you're idiot and can't do the job I ask,then you'll pay me right away $700 US plus %3 Paypal fee and keep for you those ******* amps or I would make it public this lousy deal every where and believe me,won't be a good publicity for you!!!

You better start doing something else.Wait ASAP for my money.....my Paypal account is mpetrovici@rogers.com

MORON !!!

Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 1:00 PM

Dear Marius,

I need you correct mailing address, Thank you.

Best,

George

Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2006 3:39 PM

Did you sent my amps?

Sent: Friday, April 14, 2006 12:20 AM

Your amps are done, I have someone coming in to get shipments out and I will send your amps back then.

Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2006 4:03 PM

George what are you doing man? Think is enough ....I want my amps back ASAP.

You treat me very bad and rude.

Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2006 8:27 PM

mARIUS, YOU ARE RIGHT I HAVE BEEN VERY BAD AND RUDE TO YOU. I SHOULD OF NEVER FELT COMPASSION TO HELP YOU OUT, I AM SORRY. the AMPS WENT OUT TODAY, I FINALLY GOT MY EX-WIFE HELP GET MY SHIPMENTS DONE. I ALSO SENT BACK THE OLD CHASSIS, I SHOULD OF CHECKED BEFORE MY ASSEMBLER STARTED TO TEAR THEM DOWN. they WERE THE FOUR 3.5 BUILT, I HAVE THE FIRST SET, I STILL USE THEM MYSELF, IF I HAD SEEN THE SERIAL NUMBER I MAY OF BOUGHT THESE BACK FROM YOU, BUT TO LATE. I DID REPAIR ONE OF THE AMPS, IT HAD A OPEN ELECTROLYTIC SO I FIXED IT AS WELL. you OWE ME NOTHING, GOOD BYE.

George

Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2006 5:49 AM

What courier service did you use,please? Ground with track nr or not?

Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2006 12:06 PM

I used the USPS, it saves duty fees, you shouldn't have to pay any customs as they went back as customer repairs, no charge. There is tracking through the customs slips, first one is customs number CP925599514US and the second one is CP9255600305US, this one contains the old chassis. The first number contains your amplifiers.

Sent: Friday, April 21, 2006 2:18 PM

After all this,do you honest recommend me to sell these amps or will work free of trouble for years to come? I mean,could I hope to be a high tech quality job or just something which reflect your feeling for me and will sing same as bad they look??? Is hard for me after all this to know how to look at......

Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2006 12:06 PM

I don't think I will comment as for your idea on what to do, there was a defective cap in one amp, yet they still work. As to reliability, I don't think there is another product that could beat these, I planned to see these still working after I'm dead and gone.

Sent: Saturday, April 22, 2006 12:15 PM

George,just find out you sent this package economy.....which will take 4-6 weeks.Why in the hell you did not check with me before sending ? After keeping these for 2 months you did this to me? I would paid for a faster shipping,you moron.I sent these amps to you on Feb. 13 and will have them back at the beginning of June??? I really don't understand you...YOU'RE COMPLETELY INSANE AND UNTRUSTING IDIOT!!! I was think you have some decency to sent at least regular.... I NEVER MET IN MY WHOLE LIFE SUCH A POOR SERVICE AND A CROOK LIKE YOU !!!!

Sent: Saturday, April 22, 2006 10:43 PM

Dear Marius,

Never write me again, you caused this by your insane demands, you reap what you sow.

Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 5:53 PM

You have guts you moron.I make insane demands???? You call insane demands when customer ask you to return products in time? How would you expect a customers treat you when all you offer are excuses and lies? I could understand some problems could show up in any deal but you should communicate with other part and not keep the product for 2 months and return it in same or worst condition.Learn to be a man of word first and keep your words despite any problems may show up.You want happy customers?? You have to be a honourable person...but you're not.. just a cheap small idiot.

ADIOS

Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 10:23 PM

Despite your foul words, you made up the return dates, not me, I told you it would be at least three weeks before I could even look at your stuff, which you do not recall. I run a business of manufacturing and that takes top billing, not some over demanding person who didn't even buy the product from me in the first place. You lost your position very early on with your foul mouth and yes I could of sent it to you by air. After trying to resolve this problem by offering an additional charge for new tube sockets, which you ignored, how could I expect you to offer to pay extra for the shipping? You were demanding the stuff to be shipped right away and I was standing in the post office paying with my own money to get your stuff out of my hair for once and for all. As I said, "You reap what you sow!" Good day, Marius!

Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 5:20 AM

A liar should have memory...Only after you had received my amps you mention 3 weeks to have the job done.Now you twist your own words and claim 3 weeks before even look at my amps.You're a disgrace for audio community..Like I say..never met such a poor service in my life.But I will take care and let everybody knows about this lousy deal.Don't worry,my "friend" !!!

Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 8:11 PM

You start telling everyone, I will point out I never charged you, I have our e-mails and I will post them to show the truth to all. I am tried of your words. I did tell you I was receiving some chassis in about a week and I did tell you it would be at least three weeks before I could look at your conversion. I did not know you had such an old unit and the parts do not fit the newer chassis, so feel free to do whatever you want but I will not stand still. You, my friend, made all the demands and my biggest sin was saying okay to your first demand, you have taught me a very valuable lesson, I will never offer to upgrade any other chassis unit for anyone. You got free service, I was adding up what it cost me, I paid my assembler 15 hours @ $45, the silk screener $40 for a job I could not use, postage of $30 some dollars plus time dealing with all your demands costing several hours. A good lesson indeed, take your equipment and sell it, I will never accept anything from you for service again.

I have to admit, you take the cake for bad customers, in over ten years I never had to respond as I have to you, God!

Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2006 5:20 AM

Can't believe you're so stupid and don't understand my point here..or do you have any drinking problems?

From the first moment we agreed for a price including new chassis,tube sockets and ship charge back to me for a total of $265usd.You're right I get free service but in exchange of what?? I received the amps today and God knows how they look!!! Man,2 different chassis,not only different colour but also different sizes,one taller than the other one and different speaker connection.How could you do this to me,man?? You call this a professional job? I don't understand your standards.....actually I don't think you have any standards.Have one single question for you.Do you really think someone will pay any money for these pair of amps? Why in the hell you did not sent back the amps to me without to touch them instead of doing this lousy job?? This is outrageous,man!!! I trust in you when I sent these to you and got what?? No respect from you...I would prefer to pay and have a clean job instead of this free of charge job. I do my best to understand you but I am sorry I can't.I was not your enemy...just a simple customers willing to match these amps with my WLA-12A preamp.I admit I lost my temper and I was rude with you but you have no right doing this to me,man. Where in the heck did you find these chassis? In the garbage bin? Don't understand why was hard for you to order 2 brand new chassis as per my request and have everything moved? Why did you prefer to offer me this level of low quality instead of having one happy customer???

I still like my cat pee idea

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow! Incredibly frustrating post. George Wright makes some very nice 2A3 amplifiers. I heard them at preacher man DaddyDees Khorn gathering in May, 2004. This post makes him look good.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

At first, I could see Marius frustration. I shipped off my vintage Pioneer class A M-22 solid-state amplifier for repairs and it was months before they even responded. I had to keep driving an hour north to stop in and find out that they didnt know anything yet (east coast FL).

If not young, then Marius is immature and inexperienced with the world, then he becomes demanding and insulting to the very person that he requests favors! But his attitude is horrible. I am embarrassed to read his bucolic diatribe. I think any body should be able to post any thing about any subject on this or the other BS forums, but when people fling insults like cow dung, they provoke violent reactions. Discretion is the better part of valor. I almost want Marius banned, just for the way he treated a classy guy like George. [:@]

I must agree with Marius. From reading his post we do find out what kind of "person is Mr. George Wright." but we also find out what kind of person is Marius.

This thread reminds me of listening to Dr. Laura on the radio (which I now avoid at all costs). One can't help but wonder why the callers didn't know that she would ream them a new bodily orifice. Did they never listen to her show; did Marius never read this forum? What could he have expected the reaction to be?

What I don't understand is why Marius wanted this work done in the first place. I mean, it's not like the Wright amps are such stunning pieces of design that they belong in the MOMA collection. They are painted metal boxes with tubes and transformenrs sticking out of them!

Mr. Wright should have never agreed to do this work in the first place, but after getting the amps from Marius and finding that they weren't really good candidates for the swap to the new boxes he should have stopped there and shipped the amps back with apologies.

Marius acted like an ***.

Oh this brings back nightmares..............The customer that thinks your sitting around with nothing better to do. If you were sitting around with nothing better to do what would that say for your workmanship, reputation and repeat/referral business. If those amps came to me they would of sat for 2 months before I even put them on the bench. George should be commended!! As Dean said on about the 4th email they would of been boxed and shipped back to the owner at my expense.

Craig

Marius is getting an awful lot of piling on. So what if he really loves these amps? He should be able to express his opinion about amps here, unfounded or not, without everyone attacking him.

It is a wonder Wright can get anything done when he spends so much time answering emails. He could have built an amp in the amount of time he spent on Marius, no doubt.

Expressing his opinion about the amps is not what brings him much deserved criticism and "piling on," it's the nerve to attack one of the the inventors of the aeroplane. What . . . . George Wright didn't invent the aeroplane? Never mind.

Unbelivable.

Next we will find out this guy has a pair of "MFD crap" Heresy's for sale for 695.00 BIN on Ebay...

Is this an example of a person (Marius) just popping off in an e-mail

without thinking about the consequences? Is this hero going to

all the internet audio sites and posting this crap?

Just another side note; if I knew as little english as this gentleman

appears to know, I think that I would be a little more cautious in

calling people liars and crooks and stupid, don't you? Especialy

when they have MY property? Isn't this analogous to pissing off a

waiter who has yet to bring your food?

That was disturbing and embarassing to read. God Bless the Internet.

K

EDIT: In response to Parrot - In fairness to Marius, would I have

been a little frustrated by some of the delays, you bet, especially if

these were my only amps, blah blah. If I made some phone calls

and they weren't returned, if I understood that a time frame had been

established and wasn't being kept, if additional charges kept popping

up, etc. That is why one e-mail confirming cost (barring

undiscovered problems), time frame (barring acts of nature - like a

face burn), and shipping would have resolved 90% of this problem.

However, the reaction of Marius going nuts lost him any chance that he

had to reap any kind of sympathy or favor. Just made him look

like a jerk, and I applaud Mr. Wright's composure - I would not have

been so nice. YMMV, IMHO.

I'm also curious as to why he was so interested in them being signed... so perhaps he could sell them & try to get more because of being signed?

Because of his (evident) love of Mr. Wright?

So he could learn how to forge Mr. Wrights signature?

I've dealt with the public and this guy is just a moron. I'd suggest to you that even if Mr. Wright got them out in the time frame mentioned, in new chassis (or what ever the entire deal was) that this guy would STILL have found something to complain about.

Reminds me of something I read somewhere else once (and I'm paraphrasing my thin memory of it)

Guy has new neighbor move in. They're standing next to the fence in their yards getting to know one another. New guy asks other guy "so tell me, what are the people around here like"

Other guy turns it around and says, "what were the people like where you lived before"?

New guy says "oh, they were bossy, nosy, always getting into other peoples business, horrific drivers, rude neighbors, selfish people"

The other guy says "Well, I suppose you'll find the people here about the same way"

What I don't understand is why Marius

wanted this work done in the first place. I mean, it's not like

the Wright amps are such stunning pieces of design that they belong in

the MOMA collection. They are painted metal boxes with tubes and

transformenrs sticking out of them!

Mr. Wright should have never agreed to do this work in the first

place, but after getting the amps from Marius and finding that they

weren't really good candidates for the swap to the new boxes he should

have stopped there and shipped the amps back with apologies.

Marius acted like an ***.

Yep

Coyotte sez:

"Reminds me of something I read somewhere else once (and I'm paraphrasing my thin memory of it)

Guy has new neighbor move in. They're standing next to the fence in
their yards getting to know one another. New guy asks other guy "so
tell me, what are the people around here like"

Other guy turns it around and says, "what were the people like where you lived before"?

New guy says "oh, they were bossy, nosy, always getting into other
peoples business, horrific drivers, rude neighbors, selfish people"

The other guy says "Well, I suppose you'll find the people here about the same way" "

Very nice parable, I must remember this one!