Happy Bday Travis (dwilawyer)

colterphoto1

Happy Happy Birthday to you to you.

I'll be bringing your

birthday present up on Saturday. I'll give you a call before Rose and I

head out the door. Not sure what Rose has on tap. Her main reason from

tagging along was to have dinner at Texas Reds in San Marcos on the way

home. See you Saturday buddy.

You're only as old as the woman you fe..... Whoops. I'd better not say that.

You're only as old as you feel. [;)] Happy birthday you guys.

Or try this: "You are only as old as your woman feels[;)]" That could be a bad thing.....or a good thing. Here it's a good thing[:)] It is really all in the attitude.

Being older isn't a bad thing. To my way of thinking, it does have its benefits. Old Klipsch, old Mcintosh, old tubes....older is GOOD[:D]

Some say at 40 you are over the hill. I feel sorry for those people. I prefer the idea that life begins at 40: Enough time lived in life to have gained valuable experience, while still having time in life to make better use of that experience.

• Moderators

Audible and 3D,

Happy Birthday to the both of you too. Hope yours were/will be enjoyable through the weekend.

I am 46, but at least I am 6 months younger the Gary, so I have that going for me. I hate having a birthday in the middle of the week, it is just pretty much like any other day. It was nice just the same, got a nice cake from the staff, the thing looked like a forest fire. Wife (yes she does sleep with a good lawyer too), gave me 4 very nice dress shirts and killer ties. We went to dinner with a couple who are very close friends of ours, had to make it an early night because I had a full day in court planned.

However, for tomorrow I do have my birthday present to myself(1 of 2) sitting in my office, an SAE rackmount preamp that matches an SAE amp Luther (Wardsweb) dropped off at my house the first part of June for the Texas gathering. That SAE amp is sitting right where Luther placed when he was here two months ago. It took me awhile to find this preamp. Luther also dropped off at the same time a nice rack. I always wanted to build a rack system, they were all the rage when I was in highschool and I would go hang out at the stereo stores and dream of having one with all of the components. Every company had a rack system, Pioneer Spec 1, SAE, Phase Linear, Audio Research, even Mac had a more rack looking face, just no handles. So I will put one together and see what I think.

Luther is coming up tomorrow with his lovely wife Rose, and Luther and I are going to pop the first pieces into the rack and then start spinning some vinyl. I just got about 20 lp's in, including an MFSL Muddy Waters' Folk Singer. The wives may go shopping or just sit around and make fun of us. Then I am going to get Luther set up with some tape for his Teac so he can record some stuff. There are a bunch of lawyers who burn cd's and rotate them around. I am hoping Luther and I, along with anyone else on the forum who has r2r, can start doing something similar, record both sides of a 10.5 inch reel and send it down and they send something in return.

Thanks to everyone for the nice birthday wishes, I saw this for the first time today because I was out last night and was in court for most of the day. It actually made it feel like it got extentended for an additional day, and the one more with Luther and Rose.

I was acutally really hoping for a special present, A PHOTO OF THE TWINS!!!!!!!!! The thought of them with their poles in cutoff shorts is an something I would just rather see for myself notwithstanding Bes' eloquent descriptions. Lures just doesn't cut it. Maybe next year>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Travis