They Are Here!

jackpod

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! Thanks guys! I really appreciate all the compliments, I'll try to put together some screen shots and descriptions of the automation system and some more detail on the audio gear. I've been a hardware geek since I put together my first heathkit back in 1960.

About the Ionovacs, yes the 3 on top of the Belles are called Duk10's the other 3 on each side are Duk5's they were made to retrofit Patricians and Khorns way back when. Exactly the same except the power supply on the Duk5 is on a 6 ft cable. I also have 2 prototypes (from what one of the original Dukane engineers remembers there was less than 20 made) There is a post from a few weeks back on here,

WAF, yes I am the absolutely luckiest when it comes to WAF, my wife enjoys a lot of the technology as well.

I am still in progress with all of this. I only moved to Flag 1 year ago and the addition was just finished in April (were we could move in) I still have paint touchup and baseboards etc to do. I had my house in California all automated, this is my second time at doing this

In a nutshell the home automation system controls all the lights in the house from a centrally located touchscreen, and every door and window is also monitored. almost all the automation functions and status are reported via voice (and I might add, the voice is distributed using a McIntosh MC50!) we are woken in the morning by voice, read our daily horoscopes, read any appointments and tasks. The home automation computers name is Susi, she even tells you the time every hour with a "the time is 8 O;clock pm, coo coo, coo coo. I have started implementing open air voice recognition, so I can talk to her, The alarm potion of the system is controlled via a finger print reader. I have RFID on the vehicles which open the electric gates to the property automatically upon arrival, but only for me and the wife. Automation is a blast

The video system has 3-400 disc dvd changers, all the DVD info is accessible from the touch screen. I am just starting to integrate the video system with the automation system.

I'll see if I can get some screen shots up in the morning, I have a new pair of Khorns waiting to play for me!

Jack

that set up is absolutely beyond words! What a great room, I am indeed envious! And I thought a dedicated music room was something to brag about! I'm not kidding, my jaw dropped too! Congrats on your Khorns..although I feel mine are fussy at times, and am always "tweaking" be it the equipment or the room..the one thing that is constant is the Khorns! Like I have stated over and over, everytime I hear someone elses speakers, I know why I have the horns.

And like stated before by others, what a great spread you have! You have the room we have in Alaska, but you also have the sunshine! That's a plus!

Again, enjoy it all!

Steve

BOY OH BOY...........Gettin' Old isn't too awful Bad is it???????.......Look at all that MAC stuff.............Oh MY......here comes the fever again.........You are a Lucky Man!!!!.....

SON OF A BUCK.................Coytee, you know what I want to call him..............Best of Luck, and Enjoy, while I wipe up the drool puddle on my floor......Old Guy thing.....

Duke,

Didn't doubt you for a second...

Now if only all sound engineers were created equal...

Some cuts sound wonderful...

Others, reject, buzz

I've read it here on the forum over and over, but if there is any inaccuracies in the recording, the Khorn will point it out

I say

ROAD TRIP TO FLAGSTAFF!!!!!!!!

GET THE COUCH READY!

MAKE MINE A SLEEPER SOFA!

Flagstaff is a beautiful city. Very clean, I thought.... and the drive down to Sedona from Flagstaff is simply stunning. A must do drive for any driving enthusist. I love Arizona.

Well after 2 days of almost nonstop listening, if someone was to ask if I thought it was money well spent? my answer would be YES!

I'm goning to have to tag which tracks not to listen to on the K's tho. Any inaccuracies in the recording and they jump right out in your face. A poor recording on the Khorns is terrible, a great recording is wonderful

Oldbuckster,

I'd rather be old and have Khorns than to be young and not have Khorns. I've been collecting Mac for over 30 years. there are a few other pieces scattered throughout the house

Now i think it is time to start trying other things, like my tubed 240, an Ionovac or two, moving the Belles in the rear for some ambience.

Off to hibernation again for a day or two

Oh yea, I promised I would list out the equip on the racks

Rack on the Left (top to bottom)

Project Turntable w/ Sumiko Oyster Cart

McIntosh MR7084 Tuner

McIntosh C39 Preamp

McIntosh Mac 3 DAC

McIntosh MI 3 scope

McIntosh MCD7000 CD

Rack In the Middle

Audio Control C101 EQ / Spectrum Analyzer

DVD Liteon Recorder

Philips DVD Recorder

3 Univeral remote control MRF 300 Multi-Zone RF Receiver With RFX-150 Antenna / Paradigm X30 Subwoofer Control

Philips CDR

Gaines Audio 8 channel active balanced line driver

2 Marchand Electronics XM93 Electronic Crossovers

Sony MDS JE330 Minidisk

Sony MDS JB920 Minidisk

VCR

Right Rack

Sat Rec 480i

ReplayTV

2 Zektor HDS4 video Switch

Samsung TS160 HiDef Sat Rec

Anthem AVM20 7.1 DD/DTS preamp

Yamaha C920 DVD/DVDA

Zektor HDS4.2

Zektor MAS3

Denon DVD 2900 DVD/DVDA/SACD

3 Sony DVP-CX985V 400 disc DVD changers

and a whole bunch more stuff in the room behind the racks

So now ya know

(oh and 16 vicious pit bulls running loose on the property)