Sure Babe, Just Go-A-Head & Park It Next To The Car

Gilbert

Probably just another BS made-up mass emailing, but the photo looks real enough. I recieved this in an email, this morning. Reportedly, someguys wife accidently goosed the throttle, instead of touching the break, and the following happened.

The photo could be real, too much detail for most PSers to deal with. I would say that the truck was moving at a good speed for it to climb ontop of the sports car. Probably somthing happend in the street and this was the result. I don't know though, there should be some damage to the left rear of the red car and there isn't any. Was there something in the driveway to launch the truck?

The little red car is a Ferrari. That would be grounds for divorce if it happened. It didn't. Look at the ceiling of the garage and the position of the front of the truck. It has already gone down in front after traversing the roof of the car. Imagine it had to cross the roof of the car. There would be no sheetrock on the ceiling.

Was there something in the driveway to launch the truck?

Here's how I see it.

Ferrari was in garage with garage door CLOSED.

Truck came into driveway, hit CLOSED garage door, ripping it out of it's upper mounts. The garage door fell on top of the car, allowing the same door to now become a "ramp" for the truck to climb.

As the truck climbed the door on top of the car, it then snagged the door and pulled the door along with it, which is why the garage door seems to be under the truck and not as a "ramp" any more.

You can call me Sherlock...

[8-|]

would expect more ceiling damage if the truck rolled up on the car.

car seems awfully dusty

where are the bricks from

door break looks too clean.....folks run thru garage doors all the time in my area, usally pops a hole in and around the impact area.

Was there something in the driveway to launch the truck?

Here's how I see it.

Ferrari was in garage with garage door CLOSED.

Truck came into driveway, hit CLOSED garage door, ripping it out of it's upper mounts. The garage door fell on top of the car, allowing the same door to now become a "ramp" for the truck to climb.

As the truck climbed the door on top of the car, it then snagged the door and pulled the door along with it, which is why the garage door seems to be under the truck and not as a "ramp" any more.

You can call me Sherlock...

[8-|]

Nice work Sherlock!

wonder what happened to the right rear tail light on the blue truck ?

ya know, in the big picture of things, guess my spouse isn't such a bad driver after all . . . . . . . and none of us have much to complain about . . . . and if he was in there listening to vinyl, it sure skipped a few grooves.

m00n's right. At first, I thought fake. There's no way truck could have rolled over cab of car without ripping all the sheetrock off ceiling. Look how close cab of truck is to ceiling while sitting in its lower, resting position.

But if car goes through door and under truck real fast, then truck has less forward movement. Also explains why right rear tail light on truck is damaged.

The truck could have hit any number of things, on its way to the door, that could have knocked out the tail light. Maybe there was a Porsche or Mercedes in the driveway that the truck nailed before ripping down the door and driving up on top of the Ferrari.

Jeremy