OT: Who is going to the Superbowl?

Colin

That's not really true Jeff.  The very first time I saw this rule enforced it was against---you guessed it---the Raiders, and in the end zone no less---what we used to think of as a catch was no longer a catch.  He caught it, put two feet on the ground, but when the player fell to the ground and the ball finally came out it was ruled no catch.  Personally I'd like to see the rule book scrapped at least back to the mid-seventies and start over, the game has been hacked to death.

• Like 1

I think it's a goofy, inartful and misconstrued rule

Agreed here as well.

My 2 teams, Houston and Miami never made it to the play offs but both were close.  I can't wait till they both are relevant as they've been mired in mediocrity for years.  I think Houston is headed in the right direction with their new coach.  Miami has issues from the top down but won a few games despite themselves.

I still can't differentiate between the rule of breaking the plain then fumbling but it's a touchdown then breaking the plain after a catch then fumbling but it's an incomplete pass.

JJK

The instant the ball breaks the plane of the goal the play is over.  Nothing matters after that as the ball is dead (my interpretation).  Fumbling or completing a pass (or not) prompted this whole discussion.  Seems there's plenty of room for interpretation.

Some great plays! Overruled catches, jumping over the entire offensive/defensive line. Now there are four. Not sure if GB can beat Seahawks. If the Colts can stop Peyton Manning, can they also stop Belichec and Brady? Not sure who I favor now that my man is out of it. 

Some great plays! Overruled catches, jumping over the entire offensive/defensive line. Now there are four. Not sure if GB can beat Seahawks. If the Colts can stop Peyton Manning, can they also stop Belichec and Brady? Not sure who I favor now that my man is out of it. 

I think the Colts can stop New England, but they'll have to play even better than they did against Denver, and play mistake free. The key is the offensive line, give Luck time, and he'll make plays.

Look at the bright side.  Horse face and his almost always guaranteed to lose broncos aren't going to the super bowl.  it should be super sweet to colts fans.  Those of you old enough to recall might remember how Elway refused to play for the colts after being drafted by them.

Payton Manning's and Denver's chances of going to a Superbowl next year just took a hit. The lost their head coach John Fox to da Bears. There are two more coaches for Denver that are considering leaving. Will Manning retire or hang out for another chance with a new coach?